[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

Okay I tried removing Kronometer it makes 24 hour clock but the rotation period is still 7.5 hours in 2.5x and the orbital period of Earth still isn't 365 days. Is there seriously no way to make real rotation/orbital periods happen in 2.5x?

26 minutes ago, mmamh2008 said:

So , I loaded all mods , And found the suspected list for removing planets , any ideas ? image : https://imgur.com/a/GDn96Qh

I don't anticipate 0.6 giving you better results, maybe different, but even the devs have said 0.7 for 1.12

From your mod list, these are the ones I a) don't recognize, and b) can't work out if they're parts only from just the name:

jnh, kerbalhacks, kopernicusexpansion (wut), KeridianDynamics, letech, ModuleRCSFX, reposofttech, sandcastle,reposofttech

"Plugins" - this folder can't be right. This isn't a mod name.

TURD looks like a cfg file? If so it seems odd that it's right there, but could also be perfectly fine.

So I'm no expert. I just look over your folder list for things that look different than what I'm used to seeing. 

19 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I don't anticipate 0.6 giving you better results, maybe different, but even the devs have said 0.7 for 1.12

From your mod list, these are the ones I a) don't recognize, and b) can't work out if they're parts only from just the name:

jnh, kerbalhacks, kopernicusexpansion (wut), KeridianDynamics, letech, ModuleRCSFX, reposofttech, sandcastle,reposofttech

"Plugins" - this folder can't be right. This isn't a mod name.

TURD looks like a cfg file? If so it seems odd that it's right there, but could also be perfectly fine.

So I'm no expert. I just look over your folder list for things that look different than what I'm used to seeing. 

kerbal hacks are kerbal accessories , the second is for footprints , the third is for 3d printed parts , the fourth is for researching celestial bodies ( deleting soon ) , sandcastle is a 3d printing mod too , was testing which 3d printing mod is working and still no result

Thanks , It may be the reposoft research mod

13 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

ooh congrats! what was the secret sauce?

The research celestial bodies mod was recognizing Saturn as eeloo and halley as dres , so it didn't put any celestial bodies more than that as the kerbolar system ends with eeloo.

I forgot to say that letech is for landing vehicles and jnh is for some spacex parts

Edited by mmamh2008

2 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

Water disappeared , no , It's not invisible , It's not there....

All I know about this one is that it can happen in stock and other planet packs too. I'm using Eve 1.11.5.1, and scatterer 0.772.0.0. KSRSS has its own configs for this, so I gotta think it's either eve or scatterer, tbh it's incredibly confusing to me which does what.

I won't be surprised if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know if a "Grand Tour" launch window such as the one used by the Voyager probes in 1977 appear at a reasonable time in a new KSRSS game? I'm about ten years in to my current game and just now starting to gain outer planets capability.

14 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

I won't be surprised if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know if a "Grand Tour" launch window such as the one used by the Voyager probes in 1977 appear at a reasonable time in a new KSRSS game? I'm about ten years in to my current game and just now starting to gain outer planets capability.

Maybe , but very rare

16 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

All I know about this one is that it can happen in stock and other planet packs too. I'm using Eve 1.11.5.1, and scatterer 0.772.0.0. KSRSS has its own configs for this, so I gotta think it's either eve or scatterer, tbh it's incredibly confusing to me which does what.

I'll re-install scatterer and try again

16 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

It has certainly been asked before in my head but I haven't seen it mentioned on the forums. The interesting thing about the KSP solar system being on rails is that if someone were able to find a launch date and solution for a multi-planet flyby, it would be repeatable and anyone could have the same opportunity.

I dove in head first to this question and attempted to use ksptot. I got it installed, and seemingly was able to give it the KSRSS orbital data it needed, but alas, was too smooth brained to get anything done with it. Despite the username, the terminology and overall problem space knowledge needed to use that tool was beyond me. Since I tried that, I've seen a couple other planning tools crop up, so maybe one of the more simplified ones would be enough, but I'm not sure if they're able to do other planet packs.

Or maybe as a community we could bribe the KSPTOT author into installing KSRSS and looking for some interesting solutions for us :)  

So , I'm trying to make an artificial island but when I change earth map and make it grass so nothing gets wrong  or it appears brown , this happens : [LOG 18:26:40.738] [OD] ERROR: Failed to load map KSRSS/Textures/KSRSS/8k/PluginData/EarthSurface.dds at path KSRSS/Textures/KSRSS/8k/PluginData/EarthSurface.dds

How should I do that ?

Note : I made it in the heightmap but I don't know if it will appear normal

2 hours ago, zw_45 said:

Hi @tony48,

I have wrote some configs that add space dust resource distributions to KSRSS, so you can harvest atmospheric/exospheric resources using Far Future Technology part sets. I wonder if I could post my configs in this thread?

RVXvDNK.jpg

5wF4g29.jpg

I was searching for configs for ksrss , You're welcome to post the configs.

I have a big problem with KSRSS. As soon as I start my game with KSRSS, neither the loading screen background nor the complete game itself loads. At the end, when all game files are loaded, in the bottom right corner there is only loading... and the screen is black. During this time I can partially press on my screen and the music of the game comes on. How can I fix this?
Here are two screenshots.

https://ibb.co/QHL0TWk
https://ibb.co/jJr8gHH

50 minutes ago, Vincart said:

I have a big problem with KSRSS. As soon as I start my game with KSRSS, neither the loading screen background nor the complete game itself loads. At the end, when all game files are loaded, in the bottom right corner there is only loading... and the screen is black. During this time I can partially press on my screen and the music of the game comes on. How can I fix this?
Here are two screenshots.

https://ibb.co/QHL0TWk
https://ibb.co/jJr8gHH

Are you sure you have kopernicus and it's dependency installed ?

1 hour ago, Vincart said:

I have a big problem with KSRSS.

Welcome to the forums. Good job posting the screenshots - that helps, especially the one of your GameData folder.

So you have a couple issues here, shouldn't be too hard to fix. The folder called "KSRSS-Megapack" is incorrectly installed. You'll need to unzip that somewhere completely outside of KSP, and within there is a folder called "KSRSS", down a couple levels. That folder is the one you want to copy into GameData. Make sure you delete that Megapack one. If you're familiar with moving folders around, you should see another way to do the above that's faster, otherwise this should work.

Also, "ksp-planetshine-master" is definitely not correct. That's the zip file name that you get when you download a mod's full archive from Github. Within that zip you'll need to find the Planetshine folder, and only copy that one to GameData. Or, just download the released 0.2.6.3 which works fine on 1.12.2 for me.

Good luck! Post a new picture of GameData if you end up making changes and still having issues.

On 1/16/2022 at 1:14 AM, mmamh2008 said:

I was searching for configs for ksrss , You're welcome to post the configs.

Here’s the config for stock size and 2.5x size, I also wrote a patch that allows you to detect and harvest LqdMethane which is quite common on Titan and ice gitants.

***Make sure to remove the original resource definition in SpaceDust folder***
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anlnec-q1Uv7gQoDHotDsgSEDmKb

For the abundance of LqdD2, I referenced this site: https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/Rosetta/The_surprising_comet

For LqdHe3, I didn’t find the exact value for each planet, so I used the abundance data for the solar system which is 1E-5 He3/He4,

For Xenon and liquid fuel (long chain hydrocarbons), I didn’t find any credible source that shows their abundance in the solar system, so I leave them blank. (Xenon comes from nuclear fission and hydrocarbons comes from biological activities on Earth, they are supposed to be rare in solar system)

In order to harvest resource from gas giant, I increased the abundance data of those planet by a magnitude of 1E4, otherwise you have to dive into the atmosphere and crushed by extreme high pressure.

This patch is not well balanced, you can tweak it by yourself.

Edited by zw_45

7 hours ago, zw_45 said:

Here’s the config for stock size and 2.5x size, I also wrote a patch that allows you to detect and harvest LqdMethane which is quite common on Titan and ice gitants.

***Make sure to remove the original resource definition in SpaceDust folder***
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anlnec-q1Uv7gQoDHotDsgSEDmKb

For the abundance of LqdD2, I referenced this site: https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/Rosetta/The_surprising_comet

For LqdHe3, I didn’t find the exact value for each planet, so I used the abundance data for the solar system which is 1E-5 He3/He4,

For Xenon and liquid fuel (long chain hydrocarbons), I didn’t find any credible source that shows their abundance in the solar system, so I leave them blank. (Xenon comes from nuclear fission and hydrocarbons comes from biological activities on Earth, they are supposed to be rare in solar system)

In order to harvest resource from gas giant, I increased the abundance data of those planet by a magnitude of 1E4, otherwise you have to dive into the atmosphere and crushed by extreme high pressure.

This patch is not well balanced, you can tweak it by yourself.

Thanks