[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

573 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

3 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

wen 0.8 ? When 0.8 ?

What are you looking for in particular? If you have a good enough rig, I'd recommend you play with the KSRSS-reborn beta ; it is quite good and has a lot of new features.

2 hours ago, DA299 said:

What are you looking for in particular? If you have a good enough rig, I'd recommend you play with the KSRSS-reborn beta ; it is quite good and has a lot of new features.

Does the KSRSS Beta have clouds yet? 

Also, related, is there a list of new features yet?

Just now, Socowez said:

Actually, ignore this, ballisticfox uploaded an official release on github

Different question, does Gas Giants Enhanced work with KSRSS reborn?

On 8/14/2022 at 2:56 PM, Socowez said:

Actually, ignore this, ballisticfox uploaded an official release on github

Different question, does Gas Giants Enhanced work with KSRSS reborn?

No need to install it, it's already integrated.

May I ask about the plans for Kourou? Will it still be the default launch site?

Last time I tried the reborn release it was underground, and the presence of KSC Switcher still has the effect of turning the outside terrain black (hangar extender reveals that actually all terrain is black). Removing KSC Switcher fixes the black terrain. Essentially, I'm hoping to have the primary launch site at Kourou and not need KSC Switcher - as I have launch pads elsewhere with KK.

5 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

May I ask about the plans for Kourou? Will it still be the default launch site?

Last time I tried the reborn release it was underground, and the presence of KSC Switcher still has the effect of turning the outside terrain black (hangar extender reveals that actually all terrain is black). Removing KSC Switcher fixes the black terrain. Essentially, I'm hoping to have the primary launch site at Kourou and not need KSC Switcher - as I have launch pads elsewhere with KK.

Will investigate this tonight, I figured some of the configs would be broken with rescale, but not that broken.

On another note I don’t quite understand your reasoning for wanting to have the launchsite at Kourou, most people I know just instantly install KSC-Switcher to get away from it as far as I know.

Edited by ballisticfox0

I hope that Reborn will eventually move away from KSC Switcher towards KK, even if we just get a simple pad and runway at key sites.

I'm willing to help but I'm not a KK expert. I only know how to manually fly to a site and drop KK structures. It would be great to have Katniss-like decals at KSC, Wallops, Vandenberg, Kourou, Baikonur.

5 minutes ago, ballisticfox0 said:

reasoning for wanting to have the launchsite at Kourou, most people I know just instantly install KSC-Switcher to get away from it as far as I know.

I'm not the poster who asked, but IMO career games that want early equatorial satellites are easier from Kourou before maneuver nodes and other features are unlocked.

Florida's inclination is good for learning about NASA launch windows to ISS. After we learn that, equatorial stations are easier to resupply from Kourou. Dogleg turns are fun until they become unfun :)

8 hours ago, ballisticfox0 said:

On another note I don’t quite understand your reasoning for wanting to have the launchsite at Kourou

At some point I will be more interested in learning historically accurate orbital parameters, lunar transfers, and interplanetary shizbangs, but that point will come with KSP 2 and axial tilt, which will allow **RSS mods to accurately reflect the earth/moon/ecliptic relationship. Kourou provides enough of a challenge that you still have to think about inclination and launch windows. I put the moon at 0 inclination, so I have a 5 degree offset from the moon, and for interplanetary transfers the 5 degrees is negligible.  I'll be all about KSC in KSP 2. 

4 hours ago, tony48 said:

I put a poll about the KSC location.

I vote Mahia from NZ :) or  the Weir Centre i  Kenya...

Jks. 

Florida is the best choice i think, unless people patch to zero inclination Moon and Solar System.

14 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

Florida is the best choice i think, unless people patch to zero inclination Moon and Solar System.

Even though it's not my personal preference, I agree FL makes sense, too.

Plus, note to self: don't forget that KK largely removes the importance of the location of the default space center. Mine is at Kourou, but I launch from Vandenberg  all the time, and I even have a landing pad/launch pad on the moon. None of this requires KSC Switcher which I ditched a while ago. I just pick the desired site from the VAB launch menu. 

If KSRSS removes the 23.5 degree tilt of the ecliptic, then I think Kourou makes the most sense as the default space center, as it is most stockalike.

If KSRSS includes the 23.5 degree tilt of the ecliptic, then might as well do Cape Canaveral as the default space center, as it is probably most popular.

Can there be a setting for it in an editable config?

1 hour ago, Socowez said:

ballisticfox has the beta for KSRSS Reborn on his GitHub. The original download link was removed because KSRSS reborn was being developed, and the old KSRSS was no longer supported.
https://github.com/ballisticfox/KSRSS-Reborn/releases

And now KSRSS reborn is on GitLab:  https://gitlab.com/ksrss/KSRSS/-/tree/reborn