KSP Loading… A huge Celestial Body revamp

St4rdust

Welcome to our official newsletter, KSP Loading…!  If you want to learn about all the current developments of the KSP franchise, then this is the place to be!

Kerbal Space Program Update on PC
Continuing with the previews for the planets' revamp, today we are sharing with you how the Jool upgrade will look like!

Celestial Body Visual Improvements

We’ve decided to bring you something even more special this time around. Jool will have new high-quality texture & graphic shaders, and now look sharper and more realistic!

Here at Squad, your reaction, as our fans, is paramount to us. We comb through feedback and forums to find out what would make our fans happiest, and do our very best to bring those dreams and desires to reality in the game.

Therefore, without further ado, we present to you the new Jool

image (2).png

Yes, we’ve listened and what we’ve heard is that the game does not have enough different shades of orange. So, this new and improved Jool will have swirls across the rainbow (of orange) possibilities - carrot, coral, salmon, tangerine, peach, saffron, vermilion bittersweet, pumpkin, persimmon, butterscotch, apricot, tea rose, papaya whip, safety orange, international orange, dark orange, and of course, light orange.

screenshot5.png

screenshot8.jpg

image (3).png

However, we felt that burnt orange is already well represented by unintentional flight behavior, and therefore was unnecessary to include.

Take a look and let us know what you think!

Can we toggle between the Orange and green. I don't think I can live without a green jool.

Edit: You probably got me if this is an April fools joke. But this is too high quality to be a joke so I assume Jool is getting a revamp but you photo shopped it to be orange.

Edited by Emperor of Ilve

What's interesting though is that someone has put effort into making a brand new Jool texture (albeit a joke colour)... I wonder if its going to be what is eventually green and used for 1.10?

8 minutes ago, Emperor of Ilve said:

Edit: You probably got me if this is an April fools joke. But this is too high quality to be a joke so I assume Jool is getting a revamp but you photo shopped it to be orange.

I mean, they are updating all planetary textures, so I hope they don't leave Jool behind!

3 minutes ago, BlondBoy2 said:

I mean, they are updating all planetary textures, so I hope they don't leave Jool behind!

I agree.

Spoiler

I will say it here I don't like that jool, maybe because I am used to the green one, or because I like green, I will never know.

Good April Fools prank, but still

my eyes...

IT'S WONDERFUL!

4 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

Isn't orange the inverse of green? That may actually be the new Jool l texture just immersed for funsies.

No, that's red or reddish magenta

that would look evil...

Edited by RJVB09