[1.12.x] [Planet Pack] Minor Planets Expansion

Exo's Lab

On 1/10/2021 at 10:14 PM, Omni122 said:

Hey,

I'm running 1.11 with this mod and Kopernicus Bleeding Edge. I'm experiencing those issues with Vant where it turns invisible, is there a hotfix for this that I can do in my configs?

Thanks, Omni

EDIT: After extended testing, atleast Zore is experiencing this issue as well and probably all other bodies.

I had the same issue with Zore -I'm no expert, but it looks like that's got something to do with the fade distances that are specified in the config file. I messed around with them for a bit with no luck. What ended up working for me is changing the template body from Gilly to Minmus in zore.cfg. As far as I can tell it fixes the fade in issue without changing any of the properties of the planet. 

TL;DR just open the config file for zore (and presumably any other offending planets) and change This:

Template         
{            
	name = Gilly             
	removeAllPQSMods = true       
}

To This:

Template
{
	name = Minmus
	removeAllPQSMods = true
}

Check that it doesn't mess with the terrain. It didn't in my case, but that might not be true for every planet.

Edited by Iuno
Fixing the code formatting

On 1/16/2021 at 11:26 AM, viveleroi said:

I'm eager to try this out! But I'm on 1.11 and reports that the planets are invisible are worrisome.

You should definitely go ahead and install this, use luno's above hotfix to resolve the issue

On 1/24/2021 at 2:37 AM, Iuno said:

I had the same issue with Zore -I'm no expert, but it looks like that's got something to do with the fade distances that are specified in the config file. I messed around with them for a bit with no luck. What ended up working for me is changing the template body from Gilly to Minmus in zore.cfg. As far as I can tell it fixes the fade in issue without changing any of the properties of the planet. 

TL;DR just open the config file for zore (and presumably any other offending planets) and change This:

Template         
{            
	name = Gilly             
	removeAllPQSMods = true       
}

To This:

Template
{
	name = Minmus
	removeAllPQSMods = true
}

Check that it doesn't mess with the terrain. It didn't in my case, but that might not be true for every planet.

On 1/28/2021 at 7:33 AM, Omni122 said:

Hello again.

After further testing, Luno's fix makes Vant and Zore's surfaces look icy like Minmus.

This isn't necessarily bad, but I'll continue testing to make it look more like it was intended to look.

Oh, I hadn't even noticed that. Whoops! If you choose a different reference body that should probably do it. I think Bop or Pol are the right size, and they probably won't mess with the surface. 

1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

The Title of this thread states that this mod is not compatible with 1.11, is this still the case? I really want to use it in my KSP save. 

It's not explicitly incompatible, it just hasn't been maintained since 1.8. Chances are it still functions the same

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 6:54 AM, Taco Salad said:

Man, this mod looks amazing! Any idea if there's plans to update it? I'd love to mine on some of these (planets).

Sadly not, I have moved on from work on MPE to work an entirely original and much larger mod project, learning from mistakes I made with MPE in both its development and  rocky release  and gathering more help from my peers for testing, quality control and advice. The project currently has nearly one quarter of the content I want it to (currently it has about as much content as MPE, as a system replacer its going to have much more content than an expansion by nature) and is in a  state of touch ups and gameplay balancing , writing and bug fixing before I continue making more of its hefty world roster. The development  progress of the mod is  being shown publicly on the Gregrox Mods discord server.

I am glad that people still enjoy this mod, even if it is quite rough around the edges, perhaps I should find someone to maintain it.

Edited by Exo's Lab

2 hours ago, Exo's Lab said:

I am glad that people still enjoy this mod, even if it is quite rough around the edges, perhaps I should find someone to maintain it.

@Exo's LabI'm looking forward to your next project, but I think MPE is a fantastic addition, to fill in what Stock and OPM were missing.  While I was hoping for a Parallax texture pack to go with this, I'd say, from comments above, that many of us would appreciate whatever can be done to de-bug and continue maintenance for future KSP releases.

2 hours ago, Exo's Lab said:

perhaps I should find someone to maintain it.

Maybe since it is kinda 

On 4/1/2020 at 2:50 PM, Exo's Lab said:

an unofficial, fan-made expansion pack for OPM.

perhaps @Poodmund would consider adopting it,

since it goes alongside OPM so nicely.

If not, that's cool too,(:() but I hope someone takes over this epic mod.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:34 PM, Exo's Lab said:

Sadly not, I have moved on from work on MPE to work an entirely original and much larger mod project (...)

Because he said he wouldn't ;)

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, sorry. 

It was a long shot, but hey, you never know:sticktongue:

6 hours ago, modus said:

Because he said he wouldn't ;)

It was a long shot, but hey, you never know:sticktongue:

I'm not super familiar with planet packs, except as a user.  However, I'd be willing to curate community-submitted patches and maintain a release.

Looks like  there is one significant change at the top of this page, here: 

and here:

Again, I'm not going to debug this mod, but if you all want to submit patches and fixes and have it curated, let me know