How to update the unity version of a .mu file

1 hour ago, Kartoffelkuchen said:

You can try the Blender .mu Import/Export plugin, import the .mu, save it as a Blender project file, import it into Unity and do all the stuff needed and then export it again with the Unity Part Tools.

Oh thanks! But there is a problem

I am really bad at using unity

Edited by VoidCosmos

Why do you want to update the Unity version at all?

This would only make sense if you wanted to change/update old concave colliders, materials or animations if you don't want to do any changes to the model itself. Everything else has to be changed in the part.cfg. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

New KSP's won't accept DDS textures anymore.

A workaround is to edit cfg and describe there the new texture file.

It's only DDS with DXT3 compression that's isn't supported.  DXT1 and DXT5 are still valid.

10 hours ago, Climberfx said:

A workaround is to edit cfg and describe there the new texture file.

What should the .cfg file look like. I.e. what should be changed?

And also, how do you update a .DDS file?

Edited by VoidCosmos

VoidCosmos, do you know how to use Photoshop? Or a good image program? Photoshop open DDS if you put a plugin in it. I have it both.

If not, we can try this, you send me the texture file from your model, and i convert it to you, to TGA (i prefer TGA because it is lossless, but KSP accept other formtas too). Then you just move your texture file to another folder (do not delete it yet), and put the TGA, with the same name in his place (but extension different). KSP will recognise it automatically. If it work, we will know for sure is the type off DDS with DXT3 compression that is not supported anymore, so will fix it and you can delete the old one.

If not, is other thing.

Edited by Climberfx

10 minutes ago, Climberfx said:

VoidCosmos, do you know how to use Photoshop? Or a good image program? Photoshop open DDS if you put a plugin in it. I have it both.

If not, we can try this, you send me the image file from your model, and i convert it to you, to TGA (i prefer TGA because it is lossless, but KSP accept other formtas too). Then you just move your texture file to another folder (do not delete it yet), and put the TGA, with the same name in his place (but extension different). KSP will recognise it automatically. If it work, we will know for sure is the type off DDS with DXT3 compression that is not supported anymore, so will fix it and you can delete the old one.

If not, is other thing.

I know how to use Photoshop

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.