Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi,
i tried to update the KSPedia entries of my mods to work in KSP 1.9.1, but never got them working. Basically i tried to follow the workflow i posted here:

For KSP 1.8.X this worked without problems. So i tried to do the same with the Parttools for 1.9.X. At first it seems sucessfull, because the KSPedia files compiled without error messages and created the *.ksp files, which also had the correct size.
The log from KSP also does not show any errors about an outdated KSPedia entry.

But still the KSPedia entries are not showing in KSPedia. The only warning i see in log is 

Quote

[WRN 14:35:49.754] KSPediaController: Fix broken dependencies!

however, this is also logged when no mod or secondary KSPedia entry is installed.

Does anyone already had success at updating the KSPedia entries to work in 1.9.X? Maybe @Nertea, @linuxgurugamer @Angel-125 ?

PS: Making History is also installed in the latest version.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nils277 said:

Hi,
i tried to update the KSPedia entries of my mods to work in KSP 1.9.1, but never got them working. Basically i tried to follow the workflow i posted here:

For KSP 1.8.X this worked without problems. So i tried to do the same with the Parttools for 1.9.X. At first it seems sucessfull, because the KSPedia files compiled without error messages and created the *.ksp files, which also had the correct size.
The log from KSP also does not show any errors about an outdated KSPedia entry.

But still the KSPedia entries are not showing in KSPedia. The only warning i see in log is 

however, this is also logged when no mod or secondary KSPedia entry is installed.

Does anyone already had success at updating the KSPedia entries to work in 1.9.X? Maybe @Nertea, @linuxgurugamer @Angel-125 ?

PS: Making History is also installed in the latest version.

No luck for me, I'm afraid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Running into the same problem. I updated an entry to work in KSP 1.8, and it works fine. But in 1.9 I don't see anything.

The only difference I noticed is that it seems to be loading .ksp files differently. 

In previous versions there were log entries for every single stock KSPedia page.

[LOG 18:08:19.786] Loading Asset Bundle Definitions
[LOG 18:08:19.789] AssetLoader: Loading bundle definitions
[LOG 18:08:20.512] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'C:\Users\DMagic\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\KSP Dev\1.8\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\squadcore.ksp'
[LOG 18:08:20.633] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'C:\Users\DMagic\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\KSP Dev\1.8\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\squadcorefx.ksp'
[LOG 18:08:20.640] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'C:\Users\DMagic\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\KSP Dev\1.8\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\KSPedia\kspedia.ksp'
[LOG 18:08:20.656] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'C:\Users\DMagic\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\KSP Dev\1.8\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\KSPedia\kspedia_actionsets.ksp'
[LOG 18:08:20.732] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'C:\Users\DMagic\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\KSP Dev\1.8\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad\KSPedia\kspedia_aircraft.ksp'
...

 

In 1.9 there are only a few entries, and none for my KSPedia file.

[LOG 18:10:58.479] Loading Asset Bundle Definitions
[LOG 18:10:58.481] AssetLoader: Loading bundle definitions
[LOG 18:10:59.476] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'squadcore'
[LOG 18:10:59.499] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'squadcorefx'
[LOG 18:10:59.502] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'kspedia'
[LOG 18:11:01.552] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'kspedia_manual'
[LOG 18:11:04.213] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'makinghistory'
[LOG 18:11:04.866] AssetLoader: Loaded bundle 'serenity'

 

I don't see anything in the bug tracker about it. Maybe I will log an issue when I get a chance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@DMagic This difference in the log file will definitely have something to do with the update they did in KSP 1.9

In the release note of 1.9.0 we can find:

Quote

* KSPedia slides and assets now load on demand and are released when the KSPedia window is closed.

It seems they changed to system so that the KSPedia entries do not clog the RAM all the time, but did not consider/test the KSPedia entries from mods that were created with the latest PartTools  :/ 

Edited by Nils277
Link to post
Share on other sites

Add "core" to the name of your KSPedia asset bundle. Note that you can't just change the file name, you need to go back to Unity, change the asset bundle identifier to one with "core" in the name for all the prefabs, then reassign the KSPedia categories and pages (you could probably fiddle with the existing XML file to accomplish the same thing, if you have a ton of pages).

So instead of "scansat.ksp" you need an asset bundle called "scansat_core.ksp".

Then KSP will load it at startup (I don't know if still takes advantage of the dynamic loading and unloading of the assets into memory), and the KSPedia entry will be available, limited testing shows that the entry continues to be available after scene changes and loading a different save file.

Yes, this is very silly and dumb, but seems to work for the time being. It also works in KSP 1.8, so you won't need separate versions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DMagic said:

Add "core" to the name of your KSPedia asset bundle. Note that you can't just change the file name, you need to go back to Unity, change the asset bundle identifier to one with "core" in the name for all the prefabs, then reassign the KSPedia categories and pages (you could probably fiddle with the existing XML file to accomplish the same thing, if you have a ton of pages).

So instead of "scansat.ksp" you need an asset bundle called "scansat_core.ksp".

Then KSP will load it at startup (I don't know if still takes advantage of the dynamic loading and unloading of the assets into memory), and the KSPedia entry will be available, limited testing shows that the entry continues to be available after scene changes and loading a different save file.

Yes, this is very silly and dumb, but seems to work for the time being. It also works in KSP 1.8, so you won't need separate versions.

Shouldn't require this, but this would make it load on startup. Without it it should load on demand. But seems there's something not working there for you. So if someone could raise a bug report we can investigate what is going on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2020 at 12:08 AM, JPLRepo said:

Shouldn't require this, but this would make it load on startup. Without it it should load on demand. But seems there's something not working there for you. So if someone could raise a bug report we can investigate what is going on.

Thanks :kiss: Created a bug report here: https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/25153

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to update a KSPedia assetbundle from way back at Unity v5, it seems to have imported the project all fine on Unity 2019.2.2f but when I install the new Part Tool and follow the instructions as per Nil's other thread posted in the OP, when I try to build the KSPedia assetbundle I get the following message:

Cannot mark assets and scenes in one AssetBundle. AssetBundle name is "opm".

UnityEditor.BuildPipeline:BuildAssetBundles(String, AssetBundleBuild[], BuildAssetBundleOptions, BuildTarget)
KSPAssets.Editor.AssetCompiler:BuildAssetBundles(Boolean, Boolean, String, String[])
KSPAssets.Editor.<BuildBundle>d__6:MoveNext()
KSPAssets.Editor.EditorUtil:UpdateCoroutine()
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

And the KSPedia file does not get built. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to resolve this? I've literally not changed anything from when it was built on KSP 1.1.2.

EDIT: It seems to build the 1st time I try in a brand new project, subsequent attempts to compile the assetbundle fail with the above message.

Edited by Poodmund
Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...