Wolfhound V.S Tweakscaled Terrier

Misguided Kerbal

the wolfhound, because of It's MUCH higher Delta-V (412 on the Xbox, I think) and cool looks/name. of course I don't have tweakscale, because I play on le Xbox, so, can someone tell me how much thrust a 2.5 meter terrier has?

Edited by Dirkidirk

For OP engines through Tweakscale you should usually scale down, because the bigger parts are balanced with better economy of scale. In this case however there isn't a better vacuum engine in the game for most use cases (unless you use a 2.5m LV-N or ion). A 2.5m Rhino would mass 6t and have 1333kN (calculated, not checked). This will still normally be worse on grounds of higher mass and lower vacuum Isp, but on a sufficiently massive stage it would be better purely down to lower gravity losses.

Edited by Rocket Witch

Assuming you won't be landing with it, you should compare it to a non-scaled Terrier if you want a real competition. I have regularly found the Wolfhound to be a poor choice for deltaV on deep-space engines. A poodle will even beat it on smaller 2.5m crafts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.