Contract Pack - History of Spaceflight - V1.0

Morphisor

On 7/6/2022 at 10:59 PM, Russos said:

@Morphisor
It seems to be a matter of reputation. Installed the game. Installed these mods:

Celestial Body Science Editor (CelestialBodyScienceEditor 12.0)
Community Category Kit (CommunityCategoryKit v112.0.1)
Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack v112.0.1)
Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 1:3.4.4)
Contract Configurator (ContractConfigurator 1.30.5)
Contract Parser (ContractParser 9.0)
Contracts Window + (ContractsWindowPlus 9.4)
Custom Barn Kit (CustomBarnKit 1.1.22.0)
Custom Bulkhead Profiles (CBH) (CustomBulkheadProfiles 0.2.0.0)
History of Spaceflight Stock (ContractConfigurator-HistoryofSpaceflight-Stock 1.0)
Kerbal Engineer Redux (KerbalEngineerRedux 1.1.9.0)
MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.14.1.0)
MechJeb and Engineer for all! (MechJebForAll 1.3.0.7)
Module Manager (ModuleManager 4.2.2)
Probes Before Crew [PBC] (ProbesBeforeCrew 2.93)
Progress Parser (ProgressParser 11.0)
Strategia (Strategia 1.8.0)

started a new career. If you make the reputation -490 at the start, then the Ivanov scenario does not start. And if you start a career with zero reputation, then everything is OK - Ivanov works.

I'll try to install the game, install only your pack of contracts and check.

Hi, @Morphisorand @Russos I can confirm I get the same problem

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like there is a problem with Apollo XII.

The mission is still not available but i have met both conditions (Apollo XII + Surveyor 3).

The Surveyor 3 is still on the moon but it looks like It's not accepted.

It looks like he have problems with these lines:

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        requiredValue = true
        uniquenessCheck = CONTRACT_ACTIVE
        targetVessel = Vessel(Surveyor-3)
        title = Surveyor-3 must be an active vessel on the surface
    }

DATA
    {
        type = Location
        vesselLocation = @/targetVessel.Location()
        hidden = true
    }

BEHAVIOUR
    {
        name = WaypointGenerator
        type = WaypointGenerator

WAYPOINT
        {    name = Surveyor-3 landing site
             targetBody = @/targetBody
             icon = marker
             altitude = 0.0
             latitude = @/vesselLocation.Latitude()
             longitude = @/vesselLocation.Longitude()
        }
    }

That does not work. If i set it to :

BEHAVIOUR
    {
        name = WaypointGenerator
        type = WaypointGenerator

RANDOM_WAYPOINT
             targetBody = HomeWorld().Children().First()
            count = 1
            icon = marker
            altitude = 0.0
            waterAllowed = false
            forceEquatorial = false
        }
    }

The mission appears.

Edited by MaikC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm using the Pocket Edition, and am running into issues with some USA Explorer missions where a 'cosmic ray dectection experiment' is required. I think I need a geiger counter for that, but can't seem to find that part, is it part of a mod?

Edit: nevermind, it was part of FASA. Still seems weird that I need a mod which isn't on the 'required mods' list.

Edited by Lenniepen

On 11/19/2022 at 4:28 AM, jebalicious said:

Hi, @Morphisorand @Russos I can confirm I get the same problem

I have changed the prestige ratings for the Soviet early missions, this should fix the issue. Available on the Github master branch.

On 12/2/2022 at 6:33 PM, MaikC said:

It looks like there is a problem with Apollo XII.

The mission is still not available but i have met both conditions (Apollo XII + Surveyor 3).

The Surveyor 3 is still on the moon but it looks like It's not accepted.

It looks like he have problems with these lines:

DATA
    {
        type = Vessel
        requiredValue = true
        uniquenessCheck = CONTRACT_ACTIVE
        targetVessel = Vessel(Surveyor-3)
        title = Surveyor-3 must be an active vessel on the surface
    }

DATA
    {
        type = Location
        vesselLocation = @/targetVessel.Location()
        hidden = true
    }

BEHAVIOUR
    {
        name = WaypointGenerator
        type = WaypointGenerator

WAYPOINT
             targetBody = @/targetBody
             icon = marker
             altitude = 0.0
             latitude = @/vesselLocation.Latitude()
             longitude = @/vesselLocation.Longitude()
        }
    }

That does not work. If i set it to :

BEHAVIOUR
    {
        name = WaypointGenerator
        type = WaypointGenerator

RANDOM_WAYPOINT
             targetBody = HomeWorld().Children().First()
            count = 1
            icon = marker
            altitude = 0.0
            waterAllowed = false
            forceEquatorial = false
        }
    }

The mission appears.

The problem seems to be that CC is not recognizing the Surveyor 3 craft being in position and as a viable target. Interestingly, an almost identical problem was reported in the BDB contracts, but with Gemini not finding the Agena craft in orbit. That was reported quite recently as well - whereas these contracts have been out for 2 years without anyone reporting such issues before. I cannot help but wonder if the latest changes to Contract Configurator are involved here. 

So anyway, I've tried to apply the same fix here (Available on the Github master branch): adding an extra line to Surveyor 3 to hopefully let it be targeted again. Players will have to fly Surveyor 3 again to see if this works though. I'd love to hear if this solves it or not.

Otherwise I'd recommend manually changing the waypoint generator, copying over your working example, to at least be able to progress their careers with Apollo XII. 

On 12/16/2022 at 7:15 PM, mazer924 said:

I can't get Apollo XII mission even though I meet all requirements.  Is there a way to fix or force it?

See above.

On 12/16/2022 at 1:03 PM, Lenniepen said:

Hi, I'm using the Pocket Edition, and am running into issues with some USA Explorer missions where a 'cosmic ray dectection experiment' is required. I think I need a geiger counter for that, but can't seem to find that part, is it part of a mod?

Edit: nevermind, it was part of FASA. Still seems weird that I need a mod which isn't on the 'required mods' list.

Every time a science experiment is requested, it is because there are parts available that represent the craft referred to in the mission. The Explorer 1 probe core from BDB has the geiger counter you needed. FASA is an old relic and in no way recommended.

Edited by Morphisor

On 12/24/2022 at 12:22 PM, Morphisor said:

I have changed the prestige ratings for the Soviet early missions, this should fix the issue. Available on the Github master branch.

The problem seems to be that CC is not recognizing the Surveyor 3 craft being in position and as a viable target. Interestingly, an almost identical problem was reported in the BDB contracts, but with Gemini not finding the Agena craft in orbit. That was reported quite recently as well - whereas these contracts have been out for 2 years without anyone reporting such issues before. I cannot help but wonder if the latest changes to Contract Configurator are involved here. 

So anyway, I've tried to apply the same fix here (Available on the Github master branch): adding an extra line to Surveyor 3 to hopefully let it be targeted again. Players will have to fly Surveyor 3 again to see if this works though. I'd love to hear if this solves it or not.

Otherwise I'd recommend manually changing the waypoint generator, copying over your working example, to at least be able to progress their careers with Apollo XII. 

See above.

Every time a science experiment is requested, it is because there are parts available that represent the craft referred to in the mission. The Explorer 1 probe core from BDB has the geiger counter you needed. FASA is an old relic and in no way recommended.

You mean that I have to launch a satellite named Surveyor 3 or complete that contract again?

So I went to the archive in the cheat menu and removed Surveyor 3 to do it again. First I sent a lander and completed the contract the normal way. Apollo 12 didn't become available. Then I removed it again and forced the completion of Surveyor 3 with a cheat menu. Same result.

23-13-12.png

On 12/25/2022 at 3:15 PM, mazer924 said:

You mean that I have to launch a satellite named Surveyor 3 or complete that contract again?

16 hours ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

You can Force complete the contract in the cheats menu

The Apollo XII contract needs an active craft identified as Surveyor-3 on the moon to locate the objective waypoint. So a random craft won't do.

12 hours ago, mazer924 said:

So I went to the archive in the cheat menu and removed Surveyor 3 to do it again. First I sent a lander and completed the contract the normal way. Apollo 12 didn't become available. Then I removed it again and forced the completion of Surveyor 3 with a cheat menu. Same result.

23-13-12.png

That's unfortunate. I can only suggest to try with older version of CC: I suggest 1.30.5 to be sure none of the recent changes are involved.

• 2 months later...

I am having an issue with this contract pack in connection with the contracts from RP-1:

I put the contracts of this pack in the Contract Pack folder in GameData and after some error correction of a few soviet missions that prevented loading (something with the "Behaviour" Section of the Early Soviet Missions was causing errors), and now CC shows the Contract Pack as "green", but the contracts still do not show up in the agency.  What am I doing wrong? Tried to throw the contracts in the RP-1 (actually the folder is designated RP-0) contract directory but this didn't help either. I also deleted the cache and clicked the reload contracts button in CC.

Thank you for your help!

What am I missing for completing the GIRD-9 mission in the soviet tree under the pocket pack?

bYBtvnT.png

I've tried launching multiple rockets that meet the requirements, even tried naming a rocket Gird-9 to see if it fixed it.

Edit: I can't try it with the Gird-9 because I just used the cheat engine to mark it as complete, but in the Ivanov launch I named my rocket Ivanov(TBD) and it seemed to work for that.

Edited by Spike88

• 10 months later...

Hello there, is this mod alive? I found it very nice and start a campaign on rp1 with it, so far has been fun, but I want to ask about an specific mission named skylark-1, the requirements say an apogee of 800 km (!), with a mass of 1,5 tons.......I don´t think that´s possible, if it were 200 km could be done with a two stage sound rocket, am I missing something?

thxs

On 1/19/2024 at 2:21 AM, Makrom said:

Hello there, is this mod alive?

I don't think it's still being updated, although since it's just contracts it should still be compatible with latest KSP. The author hasn't been active on this site for 6 months+.

As for the Skylark-1 contract, that does appear to be a mistake. While later iterations of the Skylark carried sizeable payloads to 800km+ in a three stage design, the first generation sounding rockets were single stage with performances much more similar to the early Aerobees.

The first flight (SL01) on 13 Feb 57 (the one referenced in the contract) was a test flight carrying telemetry instrumentation with a max altitude of only 12km . The fourth flight SL04, 13 Nov 1957, was the first to reach space with a max apogee of just over 120km.

For more information about Skylark series of rockets see this pdf hosted on the University College London website.

10 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

I don't think it's still being updated, although since it's just contracts it should still be compatible with latest KSP. The author hasn't been active on this site for 6 months+.

As for the Skylark-1 contract, that does appear to be a mistake. While later iterations of the Skylark carried sizeable payloads to 800km+ in a three stage design, the first generation sounding rockets were single stage with performances much more similar to the early Aerobees.

The first flight (SL01) on 13 Feb 57 (the one referenced in the contract) was a test flight carrying telemetry instrumentation with a max altitude of only 12km . The fourth flight SL04, 13 Nov 1957, was the first to reach space with a max apogee of just over 120km.

For more information about Skylark series of rockets see this pdf hosted on the University College London website.

yep, I agree, as stated on the document (thanks!) in 1976 Sl302 reach an altitud of 278 km and the last Skylark reach 252 km, so I would take that as a average, and in my tests I have already reached a maximum altitude of 300 km with a three stage sound rocket, so I´m ok with this contract.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.