Cheat Menu/New Custom Kerbals?

Ok, my forum search fu, google fu are rusty and returned results other than what I needed.

So, its been since 2018 since I last played, and boy do I feel rusty. I wanted to make a custom kerbal and I knew that once upon a time I could. I swear it was done via the cheat menu or debug thingy, but, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make it appear. I tried a video search via youtube and found one that says on PC hit alt-f12. I did and all I got was a big fat nothing. I am willing to accept that I may be missing something completely basic and readily obvious to a more active player, but, again, for the life of me, I cannot find anything. And I even asked my friend who is on an identical rig <only diff is I got my KSP way back when thru steam, and he got his way back when from the website, unsure if that makes any difference> and even he with alt-f12 isn't getting anything. So, I bring this to yall, what if anything am I missing? Heck, Ill even accept that the thing has been removed, but, I doubt that's the case, at least optimistically doubting it lol. So, onto you fine folks to help a rusty dusty KSP vet out :) 

On Windows, yeah, it's Alt-F12. There's an NVidia app, however, that eats that keycode for setting screen stuff. So you may need to disable that depending on your graphics controller. On Linux, it's either LShift+F12 or LCtrl+F12, I don't remember which.

But yes, once you get to the debug menu there's a tab for creating custom Kerbals.

56 minutes ago, bewing said:

On Linux, it's either LShift+F12 or LCtrl+F12, I don't remember which.

It's neither. :D It's <Right-Shift> + <F12>  (<Left-Shift> is throttle up, like I believe it is on Windows.)

P.S. Sorry, I think you meant the right one, but to me that was just funny.

Edited by AHHans
Added P.S.

9 hours ago, bewing said:

On Windows, yeah, it's Alt-F12. There's an NVidia app, however, that eats that keycode for setting screen stuff. So you may need to disable that depending on your graphics controller. On Linux, it's either LShift+F12 or LCtrl+F12, I don't remember which.

But yes, once you get to the debug menu there's a tab for creating custom Kerbals.

On windows 10. I do have an nvidia i think graphics card (new custom built for me rig) and i think ive seen an nvidia app or something similar pop up. How would i go about disabling said app? Dont recall either rshift+f12 or lshift+f12 having any visible effect with said app fwiw.

1 hour ago, AlamoVampire said:

On windows 10. I do have an nvidia i think graphics card (new custom built for me rig) and i think ive seen an nvidia app or something similar pop up. How would i go about disabling said app? Dont recall either rshift+f12 or lshift+f12 having any visible effect with said app fwiw.

Press Alt + Z or Alt + Y (may depend on your keyboad layout) to open the overlay of Nvidia GeForce Experience and remove or change the keybinding for the FPS display in the settings.

Alternatively, you can also access the KSP cheat menu by pressing ctrl + alt + F12 (this will bypass the Nvidia stuff) or just pause the game with ESC and click on "show version info" in the pause menu ;)

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

5 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Press Alt + Z or Alt + Y (may depend on your keyboad layout) to open the overlay of Nvidia GeForce Experience and remove or change the keybinding for the FPS display in the settings.

Alternatively, you can also access the KSP cheat menu by pressing ctrl + alt + F12 (this will bypass the Nvidia stuff) or just pause the game with ESC and click on "show version info" in the pause menu ;)

was Alt + Z on my PC for the app, and it indeed did have alt-f12 as the fps counter. its now turned off, and I will be checking that KSP has had its alt-f12 restored. thank you so much!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.