CRASH every 20 minutes in Windows 10

Hello,

my name is Paul, from Spain. Hope you don't get blind because of my written English.

I've got a problem. Lately, I was playing with INTERSTELLAR mod, docking and undocking with Endurance and the Rangers -don't know why months ago I could and now I can not- and the game crashes every 20 minutes or so. 

I do know I've got too many mods and maybe this is a RAM event or something like that, but I'm not a computer engineer, just an amateur. I've read about forcing DirectX 11 or OpenGL to save RAM, but I don't know neither if it is safe nor how to do it as long as I am using CKAN to open the game. [THREAD: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/120387-some-relief-for-memory-outage-crashes/]

I add my crash report and computer info in order to provide you with the right data if anyone wants to help. 

Thank you, guys. Truly.

System Info:

- Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

PC info:

- AMD a10-5800k APU with Radeon HD Graphics 3,80 GHz.

- 16 Gb DDR3 RAM

- 1Gb Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 Ti Graphic card.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CRASH REPORT:

[Log report removed by moderator]

Edited by James Kerman
Error log snipped

With 16gb of RAM I'd be surprised if you managed to fill it all up, but KSP can be a RAM hog so try closing everything else down while it's running.

What KSP version are you using and what mods? Removing some mods might help bring your memory use down, be ruthless and cull anything you aren't using; you can go into the mod folders and delete parts you aren't using but keep those you are, but just remember that if the mod updates then those deleted parts might be re-added in the update.

To use the openGL trick:

In CKAN, click 'File' then 'Open KSP directory'.

Find KSP_x64, the executable that actually runs the game.

Right-click and select 'create shortcut' or 'send to -> desktop' to create a shortcut.

Right the shortcut, click 'Properties'.

Where it says target, with the file location of KSP_x64, add -force-openGL (with a space before the -force).

Instead of running the game by clicking the Launch button in CKAN, use the shortcut instead. It might help reduce the memory load and 

That log isn't actually very useful (at least to me). You might find more useful information in the following files including what errors you're getting:

C/Users/you/appdata/locallow/squad/ksp/player.txt
C/Users/you/appdata/locallow/squad/ksp/output_log.txt
KSP root directory/KSP.txt

And a word of advice: if you're going to dump a log file in a forum post, do it in a spoiler- at the top of the text box there should be some formatting tools, and spoiler is the one that looks like an eye.

Spoiler

This is a spoiler.

It means that the gigantic wall of log text is hidden inside a drop-down box which helps a lot for people who look at the forums on mobiles/tablets.

7 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

a word of advice: if you're going to dump a log file in a forum post, do it in a spoiler- at the top of the text box there should be some formatting tools, and spoiler is the one that looks like an eye.

Reveal hidden contents

This is a spoiler.

It means that the gigantic wall of log text is hidden inside a drop-down box which helps a lot for people who look at the forums on mobiles/tablets

Wrong.  The mobile browser still has to download it.

NEVER, EVER post log files in a post, it will be deleted by a moderator.

Post a link to a downloadable copy.

Hello @Don_Jon_Doe, your log report has been edited from your post because large posts like that can cause thread loading issues and make it difficult to read for members using mobile devices. We recommend you upload your log to a hosting service like google drive or dropbox and then link to it here. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks you all for the info. As you said,  I included my list of mods and the files you told me into my MEGA. Here's the link: https://mega.nz/folder/n6wFSBqR#Z_4s1UCs_iVv0g3_W3FCDQ . Unfortunately, there's no archive with the name "player" in this location " C/Users/you/appdata/locallow/squad/ksp/player.txt " nor "ksp.txt" in the root directory, but a "ksp.log" that I already uploaded to my MEGA.

@jimmymcgoochie , do you think the OpenGL trick will be stable and will have a good aspect? Do I have any other alternative If it wasn't? ='(

@linuxgurugamer, I use some of your mods!! Thanks for your work!!

Guys, what a really nice community you've got here. Thanks for being so nice with newbies. That includes @James Kerman.

P.S.: I am recovering all the ships and kerbals to the base in order to start a massive uninstall process of mods. Trying to find the comfortable minimum number of mods to play.

@Don_Jon_Doe the only way to find out is to try it. openGL might reduce your memory usage but I think it also reduces your framerate a bit too, the exact numbers depend on many things including your PC components, mods, other programs running on your PC at the same time etc.

C/Users/you/appdata/locallow/squad/ksp/player.txt, substitute 'you' for your username on the PC- apologies if this wasn't clearer.

9 hours ago, Don_Jon_Doe said:

. Unfortunately, there's no archive with the name "player" in this location " C/Users/you/appdata/locallow/squad/ksp/player.txt " nor "ksp.txt" in the root directory, but a "ksp.log" that I already uploaded to my MEGA.

What version of KSP are you playing?

On 4/7/2020 at 5:53 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

@Don_Jon_Doe the only way to find out is to try it. openGL might reduce your memory usage but I think it also reduces your framerate a bit too, the exact numbers depend on many things including your PC components, mods, other programs running on your PC at the same time etc.

C/Users/you/appdata/locallow/squad/ksp/player.txt, substitute 'you' for your username on the PC- apologies if this wasn't clearer.

there's only one ".txt" and two folders (crashes and unity) in that location. The ".txt" is called "output_log.txt". Is this the file? Thank you!

22 minutes ago, Don_Jon_Doe said:

there's only one ".txt" and two folders (crashes and unity) in that location. The ".txt" is called "output_log.txt". Is this the file? Thank you!

Hmmm, I get logs in that folder named Player.txt every time I run KSP; output_log.txt doesn't seem to be updated nearly as regularly, mine hasn't for nearly a week. Any other files in that folder at all?

4 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Hmmm, I get logs in that folder named Player.txt every time I run KSP; output_log.txt doesn't seem to be updated nearly as regularly, mine hasn't for nearly a week. Any other files in that folder at all?

None at all. Just take a look at my screen capture. 

https://mega.nz/file/q6pBXCxS#lmdG9Krp_ik7SkSMWQmkGiUWpz37BWH7QKz39LntUW8

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.