[1.12.4] Kaboom! v1.4.2.0 - Missing Booms? Detonate and weld parts from EVA /part menu [14 Dec 2022]

zer0Kerbal

Next Feature  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What feature(s) would you like to see next?

• Able to stage KaboOom through staging menu
    • Able to blow up everything attached (entire vessel)
    • Moar BOOM!

This poll is closed to new votes

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @zer0Kerbal,

first of all: thanks for adopting and maintaining this mod. :)

in short/TLDR: I recently noticed that I cannot SuperKlue-Kaboom the inline drills from KPBS (Planetary Base Systems). Is that a known issue? Is there any way to get around it or fix it?

Long explanation: As I was building my Minmusbase, at some point I ran into an issue where I tried to get rid of the old, obsolete drills I no longer need. I wanted to Superklue-Kaboom them. It just created a NullRef Exception.  At first I thought it could have something to do with struts or the mass and center of the base (previously added a huge fuel tank and filled it up and connected it via a KIS/KAS corridor). But it turned out that only the (K&K) Inline Drills (both, ore and metal ore) were affected. So I created a new clean install with some basic mods, KPBS and Kaboom. It doesn't appear to be a conflict with other mods. Other KPBS parts superklue-kaboom just fine.

My best guess would be that it is related to the fact that the inline drills are dynamic (shapeshifting :D ) in their form and change when you attach objects to both sides.  But I wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the attachment nodes and how they are set up. Or it might be something else entirely since I don't really no s*tuff about it. ;-)

Here is a short log excerpt with the coressponding Nullrefs (two attempts for two parts, the inline drill attached slightly different ways):

Spoiler

[EXC 15:51:47.066] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kaboom.WeldingUtilities.DetachPart (Part thisPart) (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.Welding.PerformWeld (Kaboom.WeldingData wData, System.Boolean compress) (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.Welding.MergeParts (System.Boolean compress) (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.ModuleKaboom.Proceed () (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.ModuleKaboom.KaboomIt () (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.ModuleKaboom.KaboomEvent () (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    BaseEvent.Invoke () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionButton.OnClick () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
[EXC 15:51:53.072] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Kaboom.WeldingUtilities.DetachPart (Part thisPart) (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.Welding.PerformWeld (Kaboom.WeldingData wData, System.Boolean compress) (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.Welding.MergeParts (System.Boolean compress) (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.ModuleKaboom.Proceed () (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.ModuleKaboom.KaboomIt () (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    Kaboom.ModuleKaboom.KaboomEvent () (at <468b15f52ea3465a98e8f0a0b20c22e6>:0)
    BaseEvent.Invoke () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UIPartActionButton.OnClick () (at <39c0323fb6b449a4aaf3465c00ed3c8d>:0)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at <5336a8686ff14f17888ce9a9f44f29bc>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

If you want to, I could provide more logs or screens. But it's quite easy to replicate and I don't want to spam you (yet) in case this is known and/or easy to fix.

Thank you for the bug report. +1 :rep:@caipi

Kindly review your bug report at the below link, and yes, please drag-n-drop your KSP.log into the issue report and fill in the missing details (where did you download, how installed, which versions, etc) Also were the drills active? deployed?

New issue:

[Bug ]: No Booms :(

am starting to update the GitHub repo in preparation for a new release since the beta/pre-release is nearing its end.

Track progress: issues here - projects here.

The Short List

@zer0Kerbal Twitter_icon-icons.com_66803.png

Plus thank you - always wanted an valid excuse to use the following:

Spoiler

FYI: @flart

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Just a quick response before I go to bed - I'm gonna share more information and logs tomorrow.

First: What an awesome video clip!!! (I couldn't put enough exclamation marks on it to signify how much I like it - but I don't want to spam you :D )

And I hate to correct you, but it does actually go boom. It just doesn't go super boom. I mean superklue boom. I can make it explode, but I cannot make it explode and simultaneously attach the two parts, that were previously attached to the drill, to each other. It's just the superklue function that does not work as intended with the K&K inline drills. If I try, I get the NullRef error message and no boom (No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow.). The superklue boom function works properly with other K&K parts, even the appearance-changing K&K Cross-Way works fine. Just not the drills.

The normal boom function works with the K&K inline drills. If I have superklue disabled, it makes boom as it should. Sorry if I didn't make that clear enough in my initial post. More tomorrow (or when I find time ;.; silly alternate real life... we all know Kerbal is actually the real life, isn't it?).

12 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Thank you for the bug report.

Both .sln doesn't load properly on my side, so no PR. Something about files path.

The problem most likely WeldingUtilities.cs#L32

thisPart.topNode.attachedPart = null;

The kk drill probably doesn't have the top node, it is Drill_g.cfg#L20

node_stack_back = 0, -0.439, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1
node_stack_front = 0, 0.401, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

Edited by flart

@flart thank you for looking at this.

Then how can one implode/superklue it if it doesn't have a top/bottom?

unless it has been surfaced attached and another part is on it node. 

Later down in the Drill.cfg

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKPBSCorridorNodes
		nodeNames = front
		transormNames = Base_Front
        showAllWithNoAttachment = false
	}

35 minutes ago, flart said:

Something about files path.

I have an environmental variable set (actually one for each major version of KSP) that points to the KSP directory of that version. Makes my life a whole lot less insane. You should just need to set %K112% to the path of your KSPDEV install (in my case `K:\KSP\112\`)

<Reference Include="$(K112)\KSP_x64_Data\Managed\UnityEngine*.dll">

Sounds like you guys already found the cause of the problem: The drill has no node_stack_top defined in its user part and your code requires that top node. I guess that means all parts that don't have a top stack node should be affected.

Do you still need me to provide more detailed logs and stuff (given that you alread found the issue)? By the way: Drills undeployed, not drilling - but that didn't make a change. I could deploy them and start drilling, wouldn't change a thing Mods are all installed manually and in their latest version, along with KSP 1.12.3

Also, just to check and confirm if that is really the issue, I changed the drill config from

Spoiler

// --- node definitions ---
    node_stack_back = 0, -0.439, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1
    node_stack_front = 0, 0.401, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

to

Spoiler

// --- node definitions ---
    node_stack_bottom = 0, -0.439, 0, 0, -1, 0, 1
    node_stack_top = 0, 0.401, 0, 0, 1, 0, 1

Since it didn't really change the nodes (orientation and position), but only the names, I thought I'd give it a try. It worked! Renaming the nodes is a quick, dirty workaround (just in case anybody else stumbles into it before it gets/got fixed). After renaming the nodes, I could superklue-kaboom (weld together) the drills. I don't know if that creates some other issues along the way, though. So it would probably be better to fix the code - if possible.

So very, very likely a silly question from somebody who never bothered to learn how to code: Wouldn't it be enough to put an if clause around the line that @flart mentioned, something like "if top stack node exist (code) else use front stack node for whatever it is you need it for (and potentially back node instead of bottom node, if it is also still mentioned somewhere)"? I'm probably oversimplifying the issue and solution here... Again, I have no coding skills! :D

Edited by caipi

4 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

I'd love to see a contract pack for this, @zer0Kerbal! Instead of the standard and boring Test part X at location Y,  you need to place all part testing of the base game with a much more fun version: Kaboom part X at location Y

Excellent idea. would love that, just not something I currently know how to do. 

KaboomVersion
KSP version License
AVC .version files GitHub Pages

Version 1.4.1.0-prerelease - <Missing Booms?>

23 Mar 2022
Kerbal Space Program [KSP 1.12.3]

DO A CLEAN INSTALL: 
DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from Curseforge

There is always a boom

Spoiler

fix nullref

• thank you @yalov
  • closes #74 - [Bug th?id=OIP.cpfOx3RRCNI7JwVjr6zMzAAAAA%26pid=Api&f=1]: No Booms :(red-fire-extinguisher-1389719268dvA.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
  • closes #72 - Missing #BOOM-KaboomAction = Kaboom! localization string

Repo refresh

• Update all support files
  • Add GitHub pages support

Localization

• Add strings for [InstallChecker.cs]
  • [#BOOM-IC-01]

Code

• Update
    • [Version.tt] v2.0.2.1
    • [InstallChecker.cs] v2.1.0.0
    • [AssemblyInfo.cs]

docs/

• Create
    • docs/
      • [404.md]
      • [Attributions.md]
      • [ManualInstallation.md]
      • [LegalMumboJumbo.md]
      • [Localizations.md]
      • Code/
        • [Kaboom.xml]
      • LegalMumboJumbo/
        • [FORUM-01.png]
        • [FORUM-02.png]
        • [FORUM-03.png]
        • [License.md]
      • ReleaseNotes/
        • [1.2.0.0.md]
        • [1.2.1.0.md]
        • [1.3.0.0.md]
        • [1.3.99.0.md]
        • [1.3.99.1.htm]
        • [1.3.99.2.htm]
        • [1.3.99.2-beta-3.md]
        • [1.4.0.0.md]
        • [1.4.0.1.md]
        • [1.4.1.0.md]

Documentation

• Updated
    • [readme.md] v1.6.6.0
    • converted [changelog.cfg] to [changelog.md]
    • _releasenotes v1.3.1.1
    • [Kaboom.version]
      • update minimum KSP version
    • [_release.json] to schema v1.0.3.0

Status

• Issues
    • closes #78 - 1.4.10.0 Social Media
    • closes #77 - 1.4.10.0 Update Documentation
    • closes #76 - 1.4.10.0 Verify Legal Mumbo Jumbo
    • closes #73 - Kaboom Version 1.4.10.0-prerelease - <Missing Booms?>
  • Bugs
    • closes #71 - add missed #BOOM-KaboomAction - contributed by yalov
    • closes #72 - Missing #BOOM-KaboomAction = Kaboom! localization string
    • closes #74 - [Bug th?id=OIP.cpfOx3RRCNI7JwVjr6zMzAAAAA%26pid=Api&f=1]: No Booms :(red-fire-extinguisher-1389719268dvA.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
    • closes #75 - fix nullref - contributed by yalov

See More

• Changelog Summary for more details of changes : See ChangeLog
  • Discussions and news on this mod : See Discussions or KSP Forums
  • Known Issues for more details of feature requests and known issues : See Known Issues
  • GitHub Pages : See Pages

Localization

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections solicited and welcome!

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

*red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support*

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jebbrake!
Keep your Module Manager up to date

Kerbal Space Program 1.12.3 — .NET Framework 4.7.2

Hero

What's Changed

Full Changelog1.4.0.1...1.4.1.0-prerelease

Contributors

@yalov @flart @zer0Kerbal @zer0Kerbal

2 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

Download from Curseforge

On 4/6/2020 at 5:15 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

MOD-NAME KSP version License
Curseforge CKAN GitHub SpaceDock

I think these are the wrong (old) curseforge links - both, in the initial post (quote above this text) and the last announcement (first quote). The lead to the old mod/version 1.1.0 on the page https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/kaboom

Version 1.4.10 is found on https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/kabooom (with three o's).

Anywho, I'll test it later today. Thanks for fixing it. :)

55 minutes ago, caipi said:

wrong (old) curseforge links

+1 :rep: @caipi I totally spaced that that was still there. )the old listing( - good catch - updated links.

see, there was a boom afterall.

57 minutes ago, caipi said:

Thanks for fixing it. :)

All the credit goes to @flart for the KrynoWelding/SuperKlue and @russnash37 for initially creating it.

6 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

see, there was a boom afterall.

Yes, Susan (Ivanova), you were right... (I think I need to binge watch B5. haven't seen it in 2 decades)

But I mean, KSP is a space game, it's right there in the name, Kerbal Space Program. I think you're supposed to space every now and then. You're not just supposed to blow up huge rockets on the landing pad all the time, killing Kerbals after Kerbals in the process. As much fun as that might be. The explosions, not the Kerbal killing, obviously!

I did some preliminary tests. It seems to work properly. :)

10 hours ago, caipi said:

(I think I need to binge watch B5. haven't seen it in 2 decades)

She was often very right. Rumors are that it is being rebooted by the original showrunner.

Excellent! Maybe somebody will come along and add the code for launch abort and staging... or I might get around to it.

Also, I have asked @Kottabos to please do a refresh review on Kaboom!

• 3 months later...

I was thinking, could this mod be made to work with Simple Construction for building bases? My idea was to essentially "extend"  my base from each docking port by building it a single module at a time from the newly built docking port. Then, use KaBoom! to SuperKlue the two modules together. However, when I try this I get the "This part needs 2 parts on attachment nodes. Kaboom Cancelled." error. Is there a way to get this working? Here is an example - the docking port on the right is the first module from which I am using SCON and the docking port on the left is the newly built module.

Not sure if this should be in the SCON! thread or here honestly, hopefully I picked the right one!

• 5 months later...

Kaboom! (BOOM)
KSP version License
AVC .version files Pages

Version 1.4.2.0-release - <Booms and Booms>

• Released
    • for Kerbal Space Program 1.12.4
    • by zer0Kerbal

For best results - DO A CLEAN INSTALL; DELETE EXISTING INSTALLATION THEN RE-INSTALL

Download from CurseForge

Summary

Spoiler
  • Recompiled
    • 1.12.4 — .net 4.6.1 — * C# 5.0
  • use of new launcher voids warranty (was there ever any?)
  • Complete documentation overhaul
  • New Hero cover/logo
  • Proper slug granted in CurseForge (link changed)
  • New flag!

Code

• Removed InstallChecker
  • Recompiled
    • 1.12.4 — .net 4.6.1 — C# 5.0
    • Old
      • [Kaboom.dll] v1.4.1.37 25kb
    • New
      • [Kaboom.dll] v1.4.2.38 21kb

Localization 1.4.2.0

• eliminated [#BOOM-IC-01] as no longer needed
  • Lint and update pass
  • update
    • <quickstart.md> v1.0.1.1
    • <readme.md> v2.1.2.0
    • <en-us.cfg> v1.0.2.1
    • <es-es.cfg> v1.0.1.2
    • <fr-fr.cfg> v1.0.0.1
    • <ru.cfg> v1.0.0.1
  • updates #38 - Localization - Master

Status 1.4.2.0

• Issues
    • closes #82 - Kaboom! (BOOM) 1.4.2.0-release <Booms and Booms> edition
    • closes #83 - 1.4.2.0 Additional Tasks
    • closes #55 - new string needed in us-en.cfg

Humor

Spoiler

There is always a boom

See More

Spoiler

Localization

• English English
  • French French (Français) [GitHub: @vinix38][vinix38]
  • Russian Russian (Русский) [Forums: '@flart'][flart] [Github: @yalov][yalov]
  • Spanish Spanish (Español) [@Tacombel][tacombel]
  • your translation here

HELP WANTED - See the README in the Localization folder or the Quickstart Guide for instructions for adding or improving translations. GitHub push is the best way to contribute. Additions and corrections welcome!

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support

How to get support

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

How to support this and other great mods by zer0Kerbal

Support Patreon Github Sponsor Buy zer0Kerbal a snack

compiled with: KSP 1.12.4 — Unity 2019.2.2f1 — .net 4.6.1 — C# 5.0

Release Schedule

Spoiler
  1. GitHub, reaching first manual installers and users of KSP-AVC. Right now.
  2. CurseForge. Right now.
  3. SpaceDock (and CKAN users). Soon™
Edited by zer0Kerbal
update links and lasso the birds

• 7 months later...

In case anyone else comes by and wonders, I'd like to report that this mod still works splendidly! I had accidentally forgotten to put a decoupler between my two probes, and this allowed me to separate them in a super easy manner. Didn't even have to do a clean install, and this is my 71st mod. Great stuff!

• 3 months later...

November 2023 here and works well, although I've only used the detonation function not the superklue functionality.

I also wanted to thank @zer0Kerbal for maintaining this mod. This saved my Mun mission where I apparently put the interstage on upside down and had it stuck to the bottom of my Apollo/BDB orbiter. Muchas gracias!

Edited by scottadges

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.