KASA (Complete!)

36 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

So umm... bad news. KASA doesn't work in 1.9.1, and I think I corrupted the save. And stupid me didn't backup it. So yeah... oops. On the bright side, I'm starting a new JNSQ save. Ok I should shut up now.

Dang man, that really sucks.

13 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

So umm... bad news. KASA doesn't work in 1.9.1, and I think I corrupted the save. And stupid me didn't backup it. So yeah... oops. On the bright side, I'm starting a new JNSQ save. Ok I should shut up now.

RIP KASA. Does this mean it's all gonna get ported over to JNSQ?

12 hours ago, Lewie said:

Dang man, that really sucks.

4 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

RIP KASA. Does this mean it's all gonna get ported over to JNSQ?

Hopefully not yet. I have a backup of KASA in my google drive, so I'm going to try that. But yes, I am starting a new JNSQ save called Spaceward. I just need to set everything up. So for the moment, KASA is not dead.

Also, I forgot how to change a topic's name.... HELP!

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

On 7/1/2020 at 2:50 AM, Misguided_Kerbal said:

1.10 is out now so you could try 2 backups and try in 1.9.1 and 1.10

3 hours ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

Nah dude, I spent all that work updating to 1.9.1, I'm going to wait awhile. Also, why did you post 3 times?

2 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Nah dude, I spent all that work updating to 1.9.1, I'm going to wait awhile. Also, why did you post 3 times?

i didn't post 3 times why did you

CTV-15: A New Beginning

After the launch of the X-5, KASA paused all activities for 5 years. They had just simply run out of money and support from Kongress. See actual reason in the spoiler at the very bottom. However, after a long hiatus, a new plan was developed. KASA would build a Stations around the Mun and Minmus, and have landers on them. They would use a new, stretched CTV to reach the stations, similar to the M missions. So, after some sluggishness, KASA finally kicked back into action. CTV-15, a stretched CTV mounted on a SLV+, or a CTV+, rolled out to pad LC 39B.

Spoiler

5jrxJih.png

10aLSbl.png

BrRGeE8.png

gjSWcr2.png

Netz8bw.png

RzMEu8U.png

fJtfACv.png

43MPk7u.png

vvEoqHp.png

Dd6F9MV.png

t27Pvl9.png

fqiw7lY.png

Wgg9uo3.png

bQB3O2m.png

BpdONKs.png

biKC0KK.png

bJmS3rz.png

BtUvrxq.png

23oSEkG.png

T2XP2DU.png

0PVA4Mo.png

CdtWbzb.png

6YOWoKt.png

VqiGOLM.png

lx7kTMg.png

rnVC9w7.png

rbV4bYH.png

goSBGRJ.png

p1K8FAO.png

4A2DxmT.png

F3b3ucE.png

TdngnID.png

8y2HThv.png

SYkVPrH.png

gGzJYNi.png

Kq0j7w8.png

CAvrSsH.png

DbMClDB.png

44TWeBG.png

Qz7SDXG.png

j2f21Kh.png

Tam10wi.png

pEGqMxU.png

g60ZVzI.png

fpxe11N.png

CTV-15, the first flight of the CTV+, successfully completed all its mission goals with only a minor problem, a glitch with the staging computer. Jeb, Bob, and Bill safely splashed down in the middle of the ocean. After being asked why he still didn't care about the 15 gees experienced during reentry, Jeb responded with "Eh, I'm still alive. I bet Valentina can't do that." Bill and Bob declined to respond.

Spoiler

Now, for the real reason why I didn't post for so long. Really, it was because I was migrating to 1.9.1. And during that migration, I lost all the craft, so I had to rebuild it. I only have a limited amount of KSP time per day though. I'll try to post more often and more on time in the future, such as flying CTV-16 on a Minmus flyby.

(Unrelated to why I posted so late)

Also, with the migration to 1.9.1, I made a few changes to the mod list. Well, maybe not few. I'll update the modlist when I get the time, but really, the most important thing is that I made the switch to Spectra.

Viking I: Looking Forward

Another part of KASA's new plan, including the CTV+, and a Mun base, was to have a station in Mun orbit. Years before, KASA had tried to launch a station, called Mungate station, but things didn't quite go to plan. This time, KASA was certain that they would do it right.

Spoiler

D3uhbsv.png

g6a7rzp.png

1k9W71M.png

madDdPi.png

wcuGbBP.png

213D070.png

bCA8E6s.png

uOo07ct.png

YWcauNV.png

as1dFGt.png

RTzKdLc.png

jPpq167.png

CQvwtI1.png

j1urfBF.png

AfAdWiW.png

7QqfWwQ.png

Viking I, the first module of the new Viking Munar station, rode a SLV to orbit perfectly, with nothing of interest happening. Viking II is slated to launch Soontm

Viking II: Still Looking Forward...

After Viking I, KASA got ready to launch the Viking II module. The Viking II module would be fitted with a standard orbital tug, because it would need to rendezvous and dock with Viking I. After a few days of nothing, Viking II was put on a SLV Heavy and rolled out to LC 39B.

Spoiler

s5qs34h.png

YiKUyz4.png

o7QELJp.png

Rou7mkf.png

WioGxbz.png

RaLXoRD.png

4EedXxN.png

73zhIc5.png

G5OX8OH.png

ncGI5Kt.png

e7S4m5w.png

5sJF3yM.png

8PFT14o.png

ezVLr9q.png

gFnfjPG.png

DD1XlOn.png

pIisnvZ.png

awHvcJJ.png

WQ3fgrg.png

Qvt19qn.png

rWhYfiO.png

3qfp1oa.png

gcyaDfM.png

Viking II performed another picture-perfect launch and rendezvous with Viking I. However, during docking, somehow dockrotate didn't work the docking port rotation servos glitched out. Next 2 launches will be the Viking III fuel tank module, and the Viking IV DMTS (Disposable Mun/Minmus Transfer Stage).

Just now, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Viking II: Still Looking Forward...

After Viking I, KASA got ready to launch the Viking II module. The Viking II module would be fitted with a standard orbital tug, because it would need to rendezvous and dock with Viking I. After a few days of nothing, Viking II was put on a SLV Heavy and rolled out to LC 39B.

Reveal hidden contents

s5qs34h.png

YiKUyz4.png

o7QELJp.png

Rou7mkf.png

WioGxbz.png

RaLXoRD.png

4EedXxN.png

73zhIc5.png

G5OX8OH.png

ncGI5Kt.png

e7S4m5w.png

5sJF3yM.png

8PFT14o.png

ezVLr9q.png

gFnfjPG.png

DD1XlOn.png

pIisnvZ.png

awHvcJJ.png

WQ3fgrg.png

Qvt19qn.png

rWhYfiO.png

3qfp1oa.png

gcyaDfM.png

Viking II performed another picture-perfect launch and rendezvous with Viking I. However, during docking, somehow dockrotate didn't work the docking port rotation servos glitched out. Next 2 launches will be the Viking III fuel tank module, and the Viking IV DMTS (Disposable Mun/Minmus Transfer Stage).

Im surprised you're still working kasa while preparing for a space race.

Viking III, MOSES, and Duna Explorer: Onwards!

After Viking II, Viking III, the fuel tank module, was launched on a SLV Heavy from pad LC 39B.

Spoiler

hh7TgiH.png

5NrigdC.png

gs8SmqR.png

5qnkBLX.png

VFQK9X5.png

pEWGisW.png

o7mPtNf.png

3kahBVw.png

zsUcdhf.png

vjEWbkp.png

oPY0Mki.png

1O56fK9.png

JhiGA5J.png

dSy2kPu.png

pCrP5I6.png

4jXA5CX.png

h4deQe5.png

AK2Rr1z.png

ATAp2sA.png

nIPf2Tz.png

vZMhDYC.png

PdUhuyo.png

MBkxZBY.png

R7m3lJh.png

FsHSp2l.png

mKjhxIy.png

wasHVcd.png

rPgeFLA.png

Viking III performed a perfect launch, docking, and rendezvous with Viking II and Viking I. Since this version of the orbital tug had a probe core, it was left in orbit for future use.

Meanwhile at the tracking station, a young intern noticed that two important launch windows were near: Moho and Duna, the latter being about 2 days after the former. The VAB clambered together a probe for Moho, and named it MOSES (MOho Science Exploration Surveyor). It was placed on a SLV Heavy, and rolled out to pad LC 39A instead of 39B, because I was bored of launching from the same pad LC 39B hadn't completed reconditioning yet.

Spoiler

X6HtMzx.png

k4XAdI9.png

JWOss6Y.png

id30eV5.png

No other pictures were available, as imgur had a problem with uploading, and I trashed them because I thought it was done. I swear I'll get one next time. MOSES's camera had a faulty lens. 

Next, the Duna Explorer was rolled out to LC 39B on a SLV Heavy.

Spoiler

WwD9AEL.png

KMjK4Gg.png

ltBEban.png

1I0qnko.png

lkLtN89.png

20XlJpP.png

ylUWBjE.png

P1Jm46j.png

vNOg4q8.png

Uz9x7Ge.png

bdgQgrM.png

bdgQgrM.png

R890gPa.png

q6IpDtO.png

ZC3Rx9e.png

7RKlwfx.png

OTqviiw.png

f6F8Z2A.png

8rRTwMt.png

This time, no pictures were taken of the transfer burn because of that same imgur glitch, or was it my fault that it failed to upload? because of a faulty programming workaround. Despite that, Duna Explorer safely arrived at Duna, and released its probe. However, halfway through the descent, Duna Explorer ran out of electric charge, luckily the landing legs were already extended and the parachutes armed. Despite the poor design, Duna Explorer's probe safely touched down on Duna for the first time.

Viking IV, CTV 17, and Munflight 1: Fresh Munar Dust I Smell!

After Viking III, Viking IV the Munar Transfer stage, was launched on a SLV Heavy from the Launchpad.

Spoiler

lYIhPa2.png

9HixfJc.png

qAfExnL.png

k61GSAb.png

UQASZQ0.png

dMh9VKL.png

no2cmz2.png

JoSLYpE.png

G2TVlVt.png

UlfOwrd.png

w4sDD5Y.png

gUQo61Y.png

YWcjRsM.png

1lUB4jn.png

hYVzDv6.png

8kX2kD4.png

CmAVwPW.png

fCySM5D.png

sxwU1hY.png

MmHbFbw.png

Sxshsts.png

fWPpzNV.png

1vGmDap.png

o1N2r2X.png

ZP65StL.png

Viking Station arrived at the Mun with no complications.

Next, CTV-17 was launched from the launchpad.

Spoiler

kIchYun.png

7KmEKxV.png

1asoJkW.png

qb1Ac5V.png

1x95ejV.png

7sPe32Y.png

ghIPA2B.png

OUInBV0.png

63L4C80.png

UBUjaVu.png

3wAeKna.png

DiAeKJ7.png

vcxLnmO.png

RqQ4klW.png

6v7ro3g.png

JJZgkde.png

R8KE9QO.png

n6eKzIq.png

08XGvkJ.png

e5PTdNB.png

DTZiv0K.png

5AmrCoK.png

o6Z0E2C.png

pwwt4AC.png

CTV-17 successfully arrived at the Mun and docked with Viking Station.

Next, Munflight 1 launched on a SLV Heavy from pad LC 39B. However, I forgot to take any pictures, except for a few:

Spoiler

8hUS4gR.png

nQavwJE.png

P1redOl.png

9wafCXN.png

RsXMOzy.png

gThDJEY.png

ztcdQZF.png

Never the less, Munflight 1 was a success.

Spoiler

I'm going to stop for a while, because:

1. I'm running out of things to do. Basically a burn out.

2. I'm doing this now: 

I promise though, as soon as I get back/get the motivation, we are landing a Kerbal on Duna!!!!

So... there's good news and bad news. The good news is that I finally got through my burnout, and I have motivation to do KASA again!

The bad news is, I'm a bit busy, and stuff will be a bit slower from now on. Also, more bad news, though not really bad. I sorta lied about the going to duna part... :blush: 

the thing is, I have somethings I need to do in KASA before the duna window. For example, building Voyager Station, setting up a Mun base, a Minmus outpost, upgrading the comms network, probes, etc... Sry :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

Edit:

So, great, KASA is turning into a bit of a drag now. I'll explain. You see, I'm currently playing a save called Kerbin Exploration Corps, so I'm a bit preoccupied. Then there's also the monotony of copy-pasting the screenshots one by one to here, as imgur messes up the order. But, the most important thing is, launching SLVs are getting really really boring. I tried using mechjeb to launch something... and good news and bad news. Good news, it turns out that SLVs can SSTO. Bad news, it can't do it without exploding, which means I have to do everything manually. So for now, I'll try to see if I can launch a SLV with Mechjeb. Meanwhile, I'll be posting pics of KEC on my closet thing. Again, I'm sorry, no stuff for a while :( 

• 1 month later...

Sad news... but KASA is officially dead. I'm further along now on my new save than KASA, so I won't be here for a while. Once I finish my new save though, there might be a tiny chance of me coming back and restarting KASA. We'll see. KASA will be continued by @GuessingEveryDay.  In the meantime....

Breaking News: Official Closure of KASA!

Y5, D109

Ronald Kerman, Sr. Reporter

In a meeting released to the outside today, we have discovered that KASA has been officially closed, and why: 

Meeting Transcript:

Recorded on Y5, D108

[Start Transcript]

Gene: What time is it?

Wernher: Y5, D108 I thinks.

Gene: No, silly, what time is it?

Wernher: 5:24:59 Standard Time.

Gene: Ok. Intern, get me a coffee!

Intern: Right away, sir!

(Gene calls Jebediah, Valentina, Bill, and Bob to the meeting room)

Gene: So, do you know why we are here today?

Jeb: No.

Val: No.

Bill: No.

Bob: No.

Gene(*sighs*): Well, here's the gist... we're shutting down KASA.

Jeb: Wait, WHAT? WHY?

Val: Is it the usual?

Wernher: Yas, I am afraid it is 'the usual'.

Gene: Actually, it isn't 'the usual'.

Intern: What is 'the usual' anyway?

Gene: SHUT UP, YOU INTERN! JUST BRING ME A CUP OF COFFEE!

Bob: What is with you, Gene?

Bill: Yeah, you're usually only that mad when something REALLY bad happens, like that time Jebediah flew the X-5 into the SPH.

Intern: Wait... that happened here?

Jeb: Shut up, Intern!

Val: So then... what's the news?

Gene: Well, I've got good news and bad news. What do you want to hear first?

Wernher: Obviously the gud news!

Val: Bad News

Jeb: Bad News

Bill: Bad News

Bob: Bad News

Intern: I don't care

Gene: SHUT UP, INTERN! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BRING ME COFFEE! Anyway, Bad news first then. The bad news is, we have been shut down, and the KSC is being transferred over to the Military.

Everyone: WHAT!? WHY?

Gene: I'll explain. Basically, we are fighting a new war with the VonKermans... and well, the military wants our stuff!!

Val: If that's the bad news, then what is the good news?

Wernher: Um... we've been demoted.

Bob: What do you mean 'demoted'?

Gene: Yup, we've been demoted alright. Do you guys remember Woomerang?

Jeb: Yup, it was just a launchpad.

Gene: Yeah... we've been demoted. We've been moved to Woomerang, and our funding is so minimal that we can only afford to launch 1 sounding rocket each year. ONE! JUST ONE! (*Gene Rages*)

Bill: So then... where did our funding go?

Gene: THAT STUPID WAR, OF COURSE! We can't even afford coffee with our new budget! 

Wernher: So then... like the old days?

Gene: Yep.

Val: Anything more?

Gene: That's about it.

(*Everyone Cries*)

[End Transcript]

Epilogue: The last of KASA

After the meeting, many options were considered. In fact, there were even proposals to fly all of KASA to Laythe.  However, in the end, KASA decided to put just all the 'needed' kerbals on a Mun colony: Gene Kerman, Wernher Von Kerman, and 3 other unnamed kerbals. Sadly, Jeb, Bill, and Bob had been forced to stay on Pioneer Station, which had been recently taken over by the military, and Valentina Kerman was nowhere to be found. 

So with the last :funds:100,000, the 5 brave kerbals clambered into the last SLV heavy... and set off for the mun.

f1jaA1r.png

wDAkK46.png

tzYimyk.png

vQ7Gtis.png

gjl5szg.png

N6EmcIx.png

toAjr7l.png

Within the 3 days that the Military had said was their prep time for moving out of the KSC, the base quickly and safely landed on the Mun.

tnhxlE1.png

Gene planted the KASA flag near the base, and well... the other kerbals just couldn't resist. So they lined up for a photo op:

386CE1P.png

qZDz9ez.png

A few days later, as the military arrived to oversee the handover of the KSC, gene's plan was put into action.

tLtPBbV.png

Right on time, the intern switched on the loudspeaker as Gene spoke live from the Mun.

"KSC, this is Gene Kerman. We are broadcasting live from the Mun. We declare all land in a 100 km radius property of MASA, the Mun Aeronautics and Space Administration. We come to the Mun in peace, for all of Kerbalkind, and for the future of Space Exploration. Long live MASA!"

The End

Spoiler

So, you guys might be wondering what all this is about. Well, @GuessingEveryDay has said that he will continue KASA! The new KASA, or MASA will be starting from the Mun, 50 years after the epilogue. Here is a final recap of what KASA has accomplished:

Stats:

• 44 total rocket launches (I think)
  • 2 successful SSTOs
  • 3 crewed Mun landings
  • 1 crewed Minmus landing
  • 2 LKO Space Station
  • 1 Munar Space Station
  • 1 Interstellar probe 

Space Stations:

• OSP [Retired]: The first Space Station, currently still in LKO
  • Pioneer Station: KASA's LKO station and orbiting science lab. Has a CTV attached to it, with Jeb, Bob and Bill stuck inside. Taken over by the military.
  • Viking Station: KASA's Munar Station. Has a lander and a CTV+ attached to it. Has crew inside, but I forgot who. Taken over by the military

Probes:

• Muna-2 [Destroyed]: First probe to reach the mun, first thing to land on the mun. Destroyed when KASA decided to let it go rocket sledding
  • Muna-3: Munar Relay probe
  • Minmus-1: First probe to reach Minmus, relay
  • MOSES: First probe to reach Moho
  • Hope 1: First interstellar probe
  • Duna Explorer: First probe to reach Duna, relay, carried lander that successfully landed on Duna

Kerbals (These are only the important ones, ie, the ones I remember):

• Jebediah Kerman: One of the first kerbals in space, first kerbal on the Mun, currently stuck on Pioneer Station
  • Bill Kerman: One of the first kerbals in space, currently stuck on Pioneer Station
  • Bob Kerman: One of the first kerbals in space, currently stuck on Pioneer Station
  • Valentina Kerman [Presumed Dead]: I forgot what she did
  • Wernher Von Kerman: KASA's lead scientist and engineer, currently on MASA base
  • Gene Kerman: KASA's head and Flight Director, currently on MASA base

And so... that's it. That's the end of KASA.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.