KASA (Complete!)

Just now, alberro+ said:

I would suggest modifying some sort of satellite or bus model, and repurposing it as a docking probe, and practicing with that.

P.S I could share some of my older/current designs if you'd like.

Yeah, that's what I was planning to do. Thanks for offering though.

i have missed out a lot i just finished reading page 2

lord save me.

also I heard of real life who is controlling your agency an alternate reality with a space agency called SpaceX launching an important mission called Demo 2 and people messing around with more kerbals playing a game similar to reality and remaking it and sending it to a space agency in that alternate reality called NASA it's weird it's called that like your KASA agency

Edited by Kraken that doesn't exist

2 hours ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

i have missed out a lot i just finished reading page 2

lord save me.

also I heard of real life who is controlling your agency an alternate reality with a space agency called SpaceX launching an important mission called Demo 2 and people messing around with more kerbals playing a game similar to reality and remaking it and sending it to a space agency in that alternate reality called NASA it's weird it's called that like your KASA agency

Yes, I've heard of that too. Too sad they don't have an unlimited budget like us.

ADT, CTV-9, X-2, and CTV-10: Frustration for KASA

To prepare for CTV-9's docking, the ADT (Advanced Docking Target) was placed on the SLV (Standard Launch Vehicle) and rolled out to the pad. The ADT's design was based on a old space telescope chassis, slightly modified for docking target use.

Spoiler

CUbdFtZ.png

xn2f1Gz.png

i3i7cQb.png

ZrgEWy3.png

pcpZ59G.png

KM90TgE.png

xcKvEHC.png

RTJVUkE.png

x7N7VCc.png

ePbGlIs.png

g0tUdNR.png

tbsTAmu.png

Hy2Jf5u.png

ujCo2XL.png

B82jptj.png

BGF4FHh.png

ADT was launched successfully, so CTV-9 was rolled out onto the pad for launch.

Spoiler

ETk6pxQ.png

rA7zlRt.png

66icv6S.png

WS9Azvn.png

3yVl1z4.png

V9VJ3dX.png

Nu6x1C4.png

3mR7Nwx.png

I107CmP.png

bSq1HBY.png

A1uf9DI.png

tbG0Geg.png

hMF1bjX.png

m7Pd0cb.png

6SQXlLB.png

3sRpa7q.png

tGUD6uu.png

02xrkUO.png

cwdUaNE.png

UEFlULn.png

aYaWEc0.png

uCrZGnZ.png

sgfvE7b.png

0KQlCOt.png

jJAcw5S.png

QWVtCrY.png

q4wKIG4.png

t0Vce2C.png

NPHl6RJ.png

It was deemed a successful failure. Just like the first attempts to dock, it successfully rendezvous, but couldn't dock. After the 5th encounter with the ADT, CTV-9 was ordered to stop because of low fuel and monopropellant reserves from trying to dock. CTV-9 made an emergency land landing instead of a splashdown because of an issue with trajectories issue with the onboard navigation computers.

Meanwhile, the spaceplane hangar unveiled their newest prototype, the X-2. Utilizing a new hypersonic fuselage, it looked sleek and looked like it was to make orbit.

Spoiler

J1pvcR4.png

t45vbbE.png

gJQDAgp.png

BSFSml6.png

nzzgKRk.png

1477394.png

uaQL39i.png

wcNsry8.png

4Jf3FsE.png

GiFdjIw.png

9amjI45.png

6twhi9o.png

pIWsYuS.png

2XUC0JE.png

nh0nIw1.png

bWe1D3p.png

vmeUtBO.png

mXHpnSo.png

rQI1bWs.png

1QdaV39.png

XCAadVn.png

R0XfJLO.png

sjLoqvR.png

x17smy1.png

XE9UgyP.png

EVX1k87.png

94IV1Ee.png

hyxpGVZ.png

The X-2 successfully achieved a apoapsis of 40 km, however, it performed much poorly than expected. Later analysis revealed that the 2 RAPIER engines had too low TWR in the upper atmosphere. Another, improved prototype utilizing this hypersonic fuselage is planned for the future.

With the disappointment that was CTV-9, CTV-10 was launched to try and dock with the ADT again, in hopes of success this time around.

Spoiler

1L3tG7v.png

XB03sdT.png

MqXwLQa.png

yORchxi.png

NPQ8zkQ.png

nmhCzSI.png

CGdlhiY.png

Vf5cmSb.png

sCQaKTT.png

QeE5Mvm.png

7jqu7lS.png

XLNlmrg.png

ce1bFCF.png

Eg7L54U.png

gExprBk.png

3trqeDa.png

OHbLhbw.png

EkVZ8e0.png

uH1lus9.png

msQlj7F.png

MTEMkx0.png

t6rP7iH.png

pRq64t4.png

xVZAgg6.png

nsqfcQk.png

XFzNdht.png

yPovAuS.png

8nYFotD.png

8mCxZoI.png

MMOGKek.png

3q7TVPN.png

0DzgHfb.png

ciT0uUD.png

IFMwn5F.png

oBsNWfO.png

VUl6Xym.png

tgVdYwd.png

WBvuV6J.png

XhKhc3B.png

CTV-10 also failed, experiencing many of the issues experienced by CTV-9, including the same issue with trajectories issue with the onboard navigation computer. KASA is currently analyzing the data to see what happened on both of those flights so CTV-11 can avoid these issues.

Spoiler

AARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I STILL CAN'T DOCK AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, alberro+ said:

Nice new design! I like how realistic it seems, instead of the program being outlandish. 

Also, for docking, make sure both crafts are pointing at eachother, it makes it alot easier.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was doing, however, whenever they get close, they start spinning around to meet the other and it goes into an endless cycle. That's what's annoying me, really. I'm trying again on CTV-11.

17 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Thanks! That's exactly what I was doing, however, whenever they get close, they start spinning around to meet the other and it goes into an endless cycle. That's what's annoying me, really. I'm trying again on CTV-11.

CTV-11 might be just in time for DM-2!

CTV-11: Docking!

After the failure of CTV-9, CTV-10, and previous docking attempts, KASA was not in a good state. Many kerbals feared that CTV-11 would be another waste of resources, another failed docking attempt. So, with limited fanfare, CTV-11 was launched.

Spoiler

fZyg9vt.png

7GEVgek.png

doASOgi.png

LE9QxKy.png

WnEyXJp.png

xfsBEWY.png

vz0AweK.png

OL3UnXr.png

te4gfNr.png

YH79UYs.png

v1800FX.png

88mHmzq.png

CuZCvbz.png

k8KvzHn.png

ov34ZC7.png

r4nq950.png3zOP9FD.png

9BPHdGW.png

Q5CDElE.png

vLb3OvL.png

zjg6lLs.png

NALw5Yf.png

EebYNPT.png

DthTMW3.png

FyzNP3n.png

iLtU4qU.png

QLgM4UC.png

qw92mXo.png

CqGzYI4.png

1Z2jWMn.png

UgQalZB.png

pTmweQv.png

uArHBfG.png

nyJEfOt.png

Wk18frX.png

2yx8Onu.png

V0JJ2sb.png

l7QK3bI.png

PDf4TCM.png

3p2l5z7.png

xLxJpbH.png

4N7i1cy.png

31WnGGx.png

ngjISVI.png

PWK3Oge.png

5ojXkEr.png

4jBRRsB.png

NLXgPju.png

Q4NWbUn.png

wU3GAb9.png

CTV-11 nearly ended as the same fate as CTV-9 and CTV-10. The first two docking attempts failed, so it came for a third attempt. The third attempt also failed, and just when Jeb was about to give up, mission control gave the go ahead for another attempt. This time, CTV-11 successfully docked, right over the terminator line. Later, after half an orbit, Jeb got out for a short EVA, and then they underwent another orbit, and again over the bright side, they undocked, and then redocked, proving this capability. Then then proceeded undocking for good. CTV-11 performed another emergency land landing, just 11 km from the ocean. 

Spoiler

I DOCKED FOR THE FIRST TIME! YAYYAYAYAYAYAYA

Note: I don't exactly know what to do next. The Moho encounter is in ~40 days, so I should do something in the meantime. Should I do the flight of the X-3 or something else?

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

On 5/22/2020 at 6:49 PM, Misguided_Kerbal said:

CTV-11: Docking!

After the failure of CTV-9, CTV-10, and previous docking attempts, KASA was not in a good state. Many kerbals feared that CTV-11 would be another waste of resources, another failed docking attempt. So, with limited fanfare, CTV-11 was launched.

Reveal hidden contents

fZyg9vt.png

7GEVgek.png

doASOgi.png

LE9QxKy.png

WnEyXJp.png

xfsBEWY.png

vz0AweK.png

OL3UnXr.png

te4gfNr.png

YH79UYs.png

v1800FX.png

88mHmzq.png

CuZCvbz.png

k8KvzHn.png

ov34ZC7.png

r4nq950.png3zOP9FD.png

9BPHdGW.png

Q5CDElE.png

vLb3OvL.png

zjg6lLs.png

NALw5Yf.png

EebYNPT.png

DthTMW3.png

FyzNP3n.png

iLtU4qU.png

QLgM4UC.png

qw92mXo.png

CqGzYI4.png

1Z2jWMn.png

UgQalZB.png

pTmweQv.png

uArHBfG.png

nyJEfOt.png

Wk18frX.png

2yx8Onu.png

V0JJ2sb.png

l7QK3bI.png

PDf4TCM.png

3p2l5z7.png

xLxJpbH.png

4N7i1cy.png

31WnGGx.png

ngjISVI.png

PWK3Oge.png

5ojXkEr.png

4jBRRsB.png

NLXgPju.png

Q4NWbUn.png

wU3GAb9.png

CTV-11 nearly ended as the same fate as CTV-9 and CTV-10. The first two docking attempts failed, so it came for a third attempt. The third attempt also failed, and just when Jeb was about to give up, mission control gave the go ahead for another attempt. This time, CTV-11 successfully docked, right over the terminator line. Later, after half an orbit, Jeb got out for a short EVA, and then they underwent another orbit, and again over the bright side, they undocked, and then redocked, proving this capability. Then then proceeded undocking for good. CTV-11 performed another emergency land landing, just 11 km from the ocean. 

Reveal hidden contents

I DOCKED FOR THE FIRST TIME! YAYYAYAYAYAYAYA

Note: I don't exactly know what to do next. The Moho encounter is in ~40 days, so I should do something in the meantime. Should I do the flight of the X-3 or something else?

Maybe a probe launched on a space plane?

The Karson Space Telescope: A not really that big and kinda expensive massive gain for science

Ever since the dawn of time, Kerbalkind had looked to the stars, both literally and metaphorically. At the beginning of the dawn of the new age, telescopes were invented, and some prominent astronomers studied the stars, trying to prove that the Mun wasn't made of cheese and Minmus wasn't made of mint. Soon, a new company called Hullcam VDS came to the scene, with their advanced cameras. Bob and the rest of the astronomers heavily lobbied for this, so a long tube with a bunch of cameras on the top, named the Karson Space Telescope after Karson Kerman, who tried to literally pluck a star from the sky.

Spoiler

t0iIsrs.png

NCM05Hq.png

3zPOORG.png

CNTI31P.png

KBhn2xS.png

Y8oruoT.png

fo2Gr6m.png

CvRFwcw.png

r5FnCqm.png

P4dZPeU.png

w7lEmKA.png

A1Yw2tF.png

Bp0aJw9.png

2rFebct.png

mtDl3NM.png

lVLF6aT.png

N9IFtJN.png

wjsyCw5.png

The launch of the Karson Space Telescope was a success. Moments later, the scientists fired up the telescope for some test shots.

ScienceCam shot: 

rrWW3t2.png

Wide Angle Cam shot:

PTymMga.png

The mission was declared a success.

The Launch Vehicles of KASA:

LLV: Light Launch Vehicle*

5j2K7KN.png

*Note: Outdated picture. Picture depicts LLV v1, current is LLV v2.

SLV: Standard Launch Vehicle:

t0iIsrs.png

SLV Heavy:

dpIlXmm.png

HLV: Heavy Launch Vehicle

2qbflGF.png

CTV: Crew Transfer Vehicle*

qDGu0Qd.png

*Note: CTV is just a modified SLV

Spoiler

This is now also posted in the OP. Just thought you might wanna know the different launch vehicles.

CTV 12: Failure

With the success of the Karson Space Telescope, it was decided to launch CTV-12.

Spoiler

qDGu0Qd.png

y2nPSUb.png

phjfw9w.png

5KMpf7h.png

mksBj6P.png

IMWqsZF.png

Sgfa4aL.png

HVFeqwX.png

JyPhGHZ.png

m9m2qgC.png

VdodKqt.png

qgIzhy5.png

duHTesa.png

0AsL4py.png

However, 30 seconds into the launch, i accidentally pressed the space bar a lot of times an issue occurred with the staging computer, so an abort was triggered. Jebediah, Bob, and Bill were successfully recovered just off the pad.

Future Launch Manifest (In order from most recent to most in the future, though order not guaranteed.):

SLV-3/Pioneer Station Module 1 (To be named)

SLV-4/Pioneer Station Module 2 (To be named)

SLV-5/Pioneer Station module 3 (To be named)

X-3: Mk2 Hypersonic Fuselage SSTO

CTV-13: Docking with Pioneer Station

CTV-14: Docking with Pioneer Station

Moho-1/Launcher to be selected: Moho probe

Duna-1 + IkeSat/Launcher to be selected:: Duna probe and IkeSat

Duna Direct + Prosperity/Launcher to be selected: Duna relay and Prosperity lander

Eve-1 + GRP/Launcher to be selected: Eve probe and Gilly Research Platform

EHARL + Venus/Launcher to be selected: Eve relay and Venus lander

Jool-1/Launcher to be selected: Jool probe

Laythe Explorer + Vulcan/Launcher to be selected: Laythe research probe and Vulcan lander

14 minutes ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

ok it were a success

also with CTV 12 was that the first abort?

No, I think M1 was the first abort.

Pioneer Station: The pinnacle of engineering up to this point, anyway, and not like Bill did anything

Not long after the launch of the Karson Space Telescope, plans were put in place to launch Pioneer Station, serial number KASA-SS-2, or more specifically the modules of Pioneer Station. Unlike the Space Station before it, it would be assembled in 3 segments, not in one launch. The first module, KASA-SS-2-1, or DRACO (Designed for Radiation Above the atmosphere Containing Organic lifeforms), which would be the first and core segment, containing the solar panels necessary for power generation. Soon, it was loaded onto an SLV Heavy and rolled out to the pad.

Spoiler

gjILYrQ.png

tItQdlC.png

134AB3B.png

SPRARqO.png

z6WSCwJ.png

YBnWcgh.png

UxPyLN9.png

VR68Y02.png

wDAvuJS.png

Jlmvguy.png

Zq9L5XD.png

Nd9jqYX.png'N1ZMydx.png

BlhDh3D.png

E0UtAjt.png

bdihYRs.png

qH9znmN.png

pZ95BvN.png

2YXUNfu.png

TrJdO7o.png

IFWsoMt.png

The DRACO module was successfully launched, though with minor issues. First and foremost somehow, a decoupler had been forgotten the payload stage decoupler failed to release, so the 8 seperatrons designed to fire away the second stage instead fired at the bottom of the tug for the DRACO module, destroying the tug's engines but also decoupling the module in the process. Then the second problem occurred. While testing out the tug's RCS needed for docking, it was decided to also test out the solar panels. They were successfully extended, but they soon found out that they also couldn't be retracted. However, everything was (mostly) nominal, so the second module, HARL, or (High Altitude Research Laboratory), serial number KASA-SS-2-2, was loaded onto a SLV Heavy and rolled out to the pad. 

Spoiler

WNHSMZs.png

ZIEUVvh.png

iYvXwTj.png

3Ku9Yy3.png

FTDG4Km.png

H8UXrpc.png

A6VB0Qa.png

vWEf69f.png

O0kHGju.png

cdPp4w5.png

PwYGpbs.png

i3lVEPU.png

v3hk2ci.png

R8TIHwc.png

Vf8r2bN.png

PdnS0N2.png

3RMPrjB.png

QovAJnI.png

2dlyPDp.png

SrU4QRu.png

With the successful launch of HARL, it quickly proceeded to dock with DRACO, and was successful. As such, KASA-SS-2-3, or MPCC (Multipurpose Pressurized Crew Compartment), whose exterior was identical to HARL, was loaded onto a SLV Heavy and rolled out to the pad for a (the first!) night launch.

Spoiler

w1WAa0k.png

eEh2eKb.png

IDHy3Tf.png

KV41wds.png

552oIen.png

Pax09YK.png

L6L1NqD.png

ExF6bFQ.png

7iYom1W.png

TSWmMFN.png

sVj1lBe.png

Iwx5EHE.png

iSuqP88.png

OrCn62e.png

fOGVJc3.png

jwdJspM.png

PF5Kdqh.png

8RddnMH.png

0slYCRj.png

9EncdU4.png

pjFSkxC.png

MPCC launched successfully and proceeded to dock to the block of DRACO and HARL. However, even with successful hard dock, it was discovered that MPCC had docked to the wrong docking port, so it proceeded to undock and redock to the other docking port (not shown here). As the tug that carried MPCC undocked from the newly built Pioneer Station, it took a picture:

LmXeC97.png

5 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Pioneer Station: The pinnacle of engineering up to this point, anyway, and not like Bill did anything

Not long after the launch of the Karson Space Telescope, plans were put in place to launch Pioneer Station, serial number KASA-SS-2, or more specifically the modules of Pioneer Station. Unlike the Space Station before it, it would be assembled in 3 segments, not in one launch. The first module, KASA-SS-2-1, or DRACO (Designed for Radiation Above the atmosphere Containing Organic lifeforms), which would be the first and core segment, containing the solar panels necessary for power generation. Soon, it was loaded onto an SLV Heavy and rolled out to the pad.

Reveal hidden contents

gjILYrQ.png

tItQdlC.png

134AB3B.png

SPRARqO.png

z6WSCwJ.png

YBnWcgh.png

UxPyLN9.png

VR68Y02.png

wDAvuJS.png

Jlmvguy.png

Zq9L5XD.png

Nd9jqYX.png'N1ZMydx.png

BlhDh3D.png

E0UtAjt.png

bdihYRs.png

qH9znmN.png

pZ95BvN.png

2YXUNfu.png

TrJdO7o.png

IFWsoMt.png

The DRACO module was successfully launched, though with minor issues. First and foremost somehow, a decoupler had been forgotten the payload stage decoupler failed to release, so the 8 seperatrons designed to fire away the second stage instead fired at the bottom of the tug for the DRACO module, destroying the tug's engines but also decoupling the module in the process. Then the second problem occurred. While testing out the tug's RCS needed for docking, it was decided to also test out the solar panels. They were successfully extended, but they soon found out that they also couldn't be retracted. However, everything was (mostly) nominal, so the second module, HARL, or (High Altitude Research Laboratory), serial number KASA-SS-2, was loaded onto a SLV Heavy and rolled out to the pad. 

Reveal hidden contents

WNHSMZs.png

ZIEUVvh.png

iYvXwTj.png

3Ku9Yy3.png

FTDG4Km.png

H8UXrpc.png

A6VB0Qa.png

vWEf69f.png

O0kHGju.png

cdPp4w5.png

PwYGpbs.png

i3lVEPU.png

v3hk2ci.png

R8TIHwc.png

Vf8r2bN.png

PdnS0N2.png

3RMPrjB.png

QovAJnI.png

2dlyPDp.png

SrU4QRu.png

With the successful launch of HARL, it quickly proceeded to dock with DRACO, and was successful. As such, KASA-SS-2-3, or MPCC (Multipurpose Pressurized Crew Compartment), whose exterior was identical to HARL, was loaded onto a SLV Heavy and rolled out to the pad for a (the first!) night launch.

Reveal hidden contents

w1WAa0k.png

eEh2eKb.png

IDHy3Tf.png

KV41wds.png

552oIen.png

Pax09YK.png

L6L1NqD.png

ExF6bFQ.png

7iYom1W.png

TSWmMFN.png

sVj1lBe.png

Iwx5EHE.png

iSuqP88.png

OrCn62e.png

fOGVJc3.png

jwdJspM.png

PF5Kdqh.png

8RddnMH.png

0slYCRj.png

9EncdU4.png

pjFSkxC.png

MPCC launched successfully and proceeded to dock to the block of DRACO and HARL. However, even with successful hard dock, it was discovered that MPCC had docked to the wrong docking port, so it proceeded to undock and redock to the other docking port (not shown here). As the tug that carried MPCC undocked from the newly built Pioneer Station, it took a picture:

LmXeC97.png

thanks for using my idea for the name as the serial numbers

On 5/24/2020 at 10:31 PM, alberro+ said:

screams in VAB

I feel like you're disappointed that I did the Karson Space Telescope instead, but don't worry. A probe launched on a spaceplane is coming soon, as soon as I work out the kinks in it.

9 minutes ago, Kerballing (Got Dunked On) said:

YOU NAMED IT DRACO IM SO HAPPY

No Problem! I wanted to make it a compromise, and to be honest, I do like all the names.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.