KASA (Complete!)

11 minutes ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

I feel like you're disappointed that I did the Karson Space Telescope instead, but don't worry. A probe launched on a spaceplane is coming soon, as soon as I work out the kinks in it.

Don't worry. Either way, i'm happy to see the progress of your space program.

X-3, CTV-13, X-4, and CTV-14: Marching Forward very slowly though

Seeing the success of the VAB, the SPH really wanted to do something themselves. However, all the SPH had recently was a string of failures, so they decided that they needed to change that. Working quickly, they quickly produced a new prototype based on the X-2: the X-3, complete with 4 RAPIER engines.

Spoiler

KzDnML3.png

GldzT0T.png

gsFdJdw.png

Y4kUsTu.png

wD65rUo.png

gkQSWhh.png

j1rbm3Y.png

8UGSs2w.png

oG7iW8E.png

Xs42M8Z.png

Y5e1ciF.png

elkS7qm.png

nPtxrWD.png

sXjIXCn.png

2T4DHsJ.png

However, the mission was not a success. It turned out that the new Mk2 Rocket Fuel fuselages contained only oxidizer, and there was not enough liquid fuel to feed the hungry RAPIERS. It achieved an apoapsis of 50 km, but that put it in a really fast suborbital trajectory, and parts of the plane burned up when Jebediah tried to do an s-turn. Jebediah was NOT pleased, and he smashed the console. Bill just took notes on boring stuff, including stuff like how the console didn't break when Jebediah smashed it. It splashed down at ~80 m/s. 

Seeing the failure of the X-3, the VAB decided to initiate CTV-13, though some complained that it was a bad omen. However, it was rolled out to the launchpad despite Karen Kerman, who was the Lead Janitor, claimed that she was going to "call the manager".

Spoiler

0pUdkyt.png

14DC09S.png

6KKd7WB.png

7G1vyJ3.png

7Mq9DGo.png

j5ObV00.png

jyMH0Sn.png

wpbbehP.png

40bQgKH.png

1x447KJ.png

2PLHvfd.png

OCvIzet.png

A0Q4XcD.png

UbgDM92.png

ps6aRU6.png

0FfIa5T.png

RfIKwXt.png

jwf8XJm.png

bDRuaWh.png

VLAhh9A.png

F3BvHvW.png

HndSqMm.png

1K6kwwQ.png

0DALj8n.png

9n4zMM4.png

SprT8Id.png

g1Z8awa.png

fzS79dA.png

pgmf2Qo.png

Despite warnings by most kerbals, CTV-13 had a flawless ascent and docking with Pioneer Station. Shortly after, Bob took a quick spacewalk, and exclaimed that he "Couldn't wait to get working in that sweet sweet lab!"

After CTV-13, a project that had been long in the works, named the X-4, was rolled out to the pad. The X-4 was a vertical launch spaceplane, able to carry both cargo and crew. 

Spoiler

vIYM9wz.png

1lWRWkh.png

v3bFV3U.png

0lakzyF.png

G0SinyM.png

D8RNLPp.png

SUfD9kb.png

The X-4 launched, however, it quickly flipped out of control, and then an issue with my finger and the spacebar the staging computer occurred. Valentina quickly staged off all of the remaining stages, and tried to glide the X-4 to a landing on ground. However, there were issues with the wings, and the X-4 crashed into the sea. Valentina was presumed dead.

Spoiler

I'm still working on a working vertical launch spaceplane and a working Mk2 SSTO. However, the Moho launch window is in ~8 in-game days, so I'm currently working on Moho probe designs. Again, any suggestions and comments are welcome.

Just now, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

CTV-13 was on time with SpaceX DM-2 in that multi-verse i talked about

also with valentina probably dead then uhh

press F to pay respects

F

Actually, CTV-14 is. I just finished doing CTV-14.

Anyway, Valentina will be back. She will respawn appear outside of the astronaut complex within 3 launches.

F

1 hour ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

hey @Misguided_Kerbal are you team worm or team meatball

idk about him but I am TEAM FALCON XD

I mean, c'mon, the F9 logo is so cool...

(Falcon 9, not the quick load key... wait a minute...)

Edited by Kerballing (Got Dunked On)

CTV-14, Moho-1, & Jool-1: The Rise of Automation (unsuccessfully)

With the success of CTV-13, CTV-14, fitted with an experimental Mechjeb AR202 unit, was rolled out to the pad.

Spoiler

59f0VYu.png

lYpeKAX.png

5IrL2bj.png

7mONq93.png

xnDcM7u.png

peRb5j8.png

MRzi4U5.png

MndV2Ti.png

DXh8XE2.png

LNj8sik.png

TkmaWVN.png

w0MmhIw.png

KT9u32U.png

NNYYoK2.png

CYIeV6k.png

IAU6E6c.png

2oTDYkJ.png

There were some issues with the Mechjeb units. For one, it struggled to get to orbit, so the crew had to take manual control. However, everything else was fine, and it quietly rendezvoused with Pioneer Station and docked without a hitch.

Next, Moho-1, a probe bound for Moho, was rolled out on the pad and launched.

Spoiler

MlPj1B8.png

BZCPLiJ.png

27dQy5u.png

LXT5HIf.png

vvJg5wm.png

AD5Rrut.png

bDImLjl.png

jFgUBNn.png

1brn2kc.png

GYeiRIJ.png

qpY61tE.png

7Y4LZXH.png

VhEiPqd.png

lvgfMed.png

Yx1yZuu.png

KkrCN3I.png

However, bad luck struck the probe. First of all, it overshot the Moho window, so it will have to wait for the next one. Second, during launch, I accidentally hit the spacebar, staging the boosters off there was an issue with the staging computer, staging the boosters off early. However, Moho-1 made itn into orbit. It will stay there until the next transit window to Moho.

After Moho-1, the next probe, Jool-1, was built and launched.

Spoiler

fM86kuA.png

Btw3Y4m.png

MjAo4el.png

OusQuht.png

0kbYg1X.png

However, the night launch was distraous. A kraken attack promptly caused the probe to explode One of the internal fuel tanks exploded, igniting a series of explosions.

Spoiler

Sorry for a later update than usual, I was watching the Demo-2 launch.

Edited by Misguided_Kerbal

On 6/2/2020 at 2:44 AM, Misguided_Kerbal said:

I'm team Wormball :D

1024px-NASA_Wormball_logo.svg.png

that is the wormball if you didn't know. also i'm team wormball

edit i just realised i misread that

21 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry for a later update than usual, I was watching the Demo-2 launch.

also lol

Edited by Kraken that doesn't exist

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.