Virtual alloc remapping failed

i start playing, i load the game, load the save then enter the vab and start crafting a rocket but after some mins the game crashes saying this : virtual alloc remapping failed, fatal error in gc.

the logs are not saying nothing about this, my pc and all it's drivers are ok and i dont have an outdated videocard,my ram has a capience of 8 gb.

i whant to specify that this happen without any explosion,loading but just randomly in the vab, it starting happening some days ago, (i always had the same modpack even when it didnt crash and the modpack is stable altough all of it's mods)

mod list is a bit big and i dont know how to post a file here

On 4/7/2020 at 7:22 PM, GutwPC said:

virtual alloc remapping failed, fatal error in gc.

Well, "gc" is the GarbageCollector which runs from time to time to get rid of data in your RAM which is not required anymore so this sounds like an RAM issue to me.

Would you mind to upload your logs (incl crash log) for us? You cannot upload anything directly to the forum, you have to use a thirdparty filehoster or cloud service like dropbox, google drive, one drive, etc... and share a download link with us.

16 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Well, "gc" is the GarbageCollector which runs from time to time to get rid of data in your RAM which is not required anymore so this sounds like an RAM issue to me.

Would you mind to upload your logs (incl crash log) for us? You cannot upload anything directly to the forum, you have to use a thirdparty filehoster or cloud service like dropbox, google drive, one drive, etc... and share a download link with us.

ok, how can i do it ? just give me some indications like, wich place is the best place to put it ?

Edited by GutwPC

6 minutes ago, GutwPC said:

ok, how can i do it ? just give me some indications

Do you have a google account (for example for an android smartphone or just because)? Then you already have a cloud as well:

Go to: https://www.google.com/drive/ and log in with your account to get to the web interface. You will find a button in the top left corner to add files to your storage. Wait for the files to upload, then they will appear on the same page. Rightclick the file(s) to create a sharing link and post the link here.

I'm pretty sure it's very similar with apple, in case you own any apple product you most likely have an account already, but it's just a guess.

There is also microsofts one drive, if you already own a microsoft account. I've never used it but it should be straight forward and easy to find if you google for "one drive".

If you don't already own an account for any of these, you may want to check out dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com

I don't have much to say about it, it's pretty much the same everywhere: log in or create an account, somewhere (usually at the top) on the web interface is a button to select files to upload and then you can create a sharing link.

Alternatively, you can just google for "filehoster". There are millions around the web with different limitations to the filesize. Some of them don't even need an account, which usually comes with the drawback of a really small file size limitation. I haven't used any filehoster in years, so I cannot recommend any one to you, sorry.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xW_ufEcE41NMo4oq0x-4aFdJR7vfF5ig

15 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Do you have a google account (for example for an android smartphone or just because)? Then you already have a cloud as well:

Go to: https://www.google.com/drive/ and log in with your account to get to the web interface. You will find a button in the top left corner to add files to your storage. Wait for the files to upload, then they will appear on the same page. Rightclick the file(s) to create a sharing link and post the link here.

I'm pretty sure it's very similar with apple, in case you own any apple product you most likely have an account already, but it's just a guess.

There is also microsofts one drive, if you already own a microsoft account. I've never used it but it should be straight forward and easy to find if you google for "one drive".

If you don't already own an account for any of these, you may want to check out dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com

I don't have much to say about it, it's pretty much the same everywhere: log in or create an account, somewhere (usually at the top) on the web interface is a button to select files to upload and then you can create a sharing link.

Alternatively, you can just google for "filehoster". There are millions around the web with different limitations to the filesize. Some of them don't even need an account, which usually comes with the drawback of a really small file size limitation. I haven't used any filehoster in years, so I cannot recommend any one to you, sorry.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xW_ufEcE41NMo4oq0x-4aFdJR7vfF5ig

Hm...the log contains quite a few exceptions but nothing which should cause a crash. Does KSP create a crash log as well? They are kinda hidden in this path:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Crashes

You can copy&paste this file path into the adressbar of your file explorer and you should fine some folders called "Crash_xxx" where "xxx" is the timestamp of the crash (for example "Crash_2020_04_09_130830"). These folders contain an error log, which might hold some useful info, like ram usage. If one of these exists with a timestamp that fits to on f your crashes, would you mind to upload it as well?

In the mean time, you can also try to increase your paging file (that's a file created by windows to store data which doesn't fit into the ram or/and is rarely used) so if you just ran out of ram this might help. It's easy to do but hard to explain so pls just google for "win 10 paging file" and you will find like a million tutorials which are easy to follow :)

16 hours ago, 4x4cheesecake said:

Hm...the log contains quite a few exceptions but nothing which should cause a crash. Does KSP create a crash log as well? They are kinda hidden in this path:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Squad\Kerbal Space Program\Crashes

You can copy&paste this file path into the adressbar of your file explorer and you should fine some folders called "Crash_xxx" where "xxx" is the timestamp of the crash (for example "Crash_2020_04_09_130830"). These folders contain an error log, which might hold some useful info, like ram usage. If one of these exists with a timestamp that fits to on f your crashes, would you mind to upload it as well?

In the mean time, you can also try to increase your paging file (that's a file created by windows to store data which doesn't fit into the ram or/and is rarely used) so if you just ran out of ram this might help. It's easy to do but hard to explain so pls just google for "win 10 paging file" and you will find like a million tutorials which are easy to follow :)

there is no crash_xx file and no thing in the crash folder

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.