Geo-synchronous Orbit Mission

Hey I hope i'm posting this in the right place, I'm doing a mission where it requires me to place a satellite in a particular orbit around Duna. In particular, it's a geo-synchronous orbit, but the moon, Ike occupies the same orbit. While this isn't inherently a problem, it orbits above the spot the mission requires me to be. So i end up getting into a slightly smaller orbit, waiting for the spot to catch up, but before I can satisfy both requirements, Ike throws my orbit around. I've attached a screenshot if that helps, thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/vSQhEDD

Launch your satellite to the right altitude but on the opposite side of Duna. If it's a normal contract, you only have to meet the conditions for 10 seconds, so it doesn't matter if it is disturbed by Ike after that. 

Welcome to the forum :)

Yeah, that contract type (stationary orbit around duna) likes to come with issues like this but in this case, you might be able to work around it. You already got the checkmark for "Reach stationary orbit above Mermon's Bluff" so the contract should be complete once you can complete the last missing step, which is just ANY stationary orbit. Just wait until Ike is out of your way and put the sat back into the required stationary orbit and you should be fine. If it doesn't work, you can still use the cheat menu to complete this contract. Would be just fair to that, since you pretty much did everything you can do.

edit: :ph34r:

Edited by 4x4cheesecake

The checkmark sadly goes away the moment I leave the approximate area above the location on Duna.  I'm thinking the cheat menu might be the only way to do this one :( 

In response to Vanamode, will it count me as being above if I'm opposite the spot (i.e. on the wrong side of Duna)? I'll give it a shot though and see

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.