[WIP] Boring Crew Services - Stockalike Starliner Mod

DylanSemrau

1 hour ago, bacontornado said:

I'm having a weird issue where the Crew Module isn't showing up in assembly (all of the other parts are, though). I can see it unlocked in the tech tree, just not in the VAB. Anyone else run into this?

For me it is in "Containers" tab instead "pods".  Don't know why..

12 hours ago, bacontornado said:

I'm having a weird issue where the Crew Module isn't showing up in assembly (all of the other parts are, though). I can see it unlocked in the tech tree, just not in the VAB. Anyone else run into this?

Personally I can see it, the only problem is that it doesn't come out searching "starliner", only "centauri" unlike the rest

I encountered a bug

Placing the C-100 Androgynous Docking Mechanism from Benjee_10 Shared Assets (The shiny one, the APAS, works just fine) causes the craft to become impossible to click on. It's hard to explain but basically I can't click anything in the VAB after placing it on the docking port placement node on the top of the command pod.

Otherwise this is a great parts mod!

throwing this edit in here to clear confusion: there are two models in Benjee_10's shared assets called C-100 Androgynous Docking Mechanism. One is shiny and is in the image above this post. Another one isn't shiny. The non-shiny one is causing issues. It's hard to tell exactly what part it is since they both share the same name but hopefully if you test it you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

Edit 2: This might be an issue with Benjee10's parts and not yours. I've noticed a couple other errors in Benjee10 parts on my save.

Edited by Fundati

1 hour ago, Fundati said:

I encountered a bug

Placing the C-100 Androgynous Docking Mechanism from Benjee_10 Shared Assets (The shiny one, the APAS, works just fine) causes the craft to become impossible to click on. It's hard to explain but basically I can't click anything in the VAB after placing it on the docking port placement node on the top of the command pod.

Otherwise this is a great parts mod!

throwing this edit in here to clear confusion: there are two models in Benjee_10's shared assets called C-100 Androgynous Docking Mechanism. One is shiny and is in the image above this post. Another one isn't shiny. The non-shiny one is causing issues. It's hard to tell exactly what part it is since they both share the same name but hopefully if you test it you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.

Edit 2: This might be an issue with Benjee10's parts and not yours. I've noticed a couple other errors in Benjee10 parts on my save.

Okay so it’s breaking because the “Non shiny one” is the old APAS - you have to remove it has it’s the old port and has been replaced for the new APAS

17 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Okay so it’s breaking because the “Non shiny one” is the old APAS - you have to remove it has it’s the old port and has been replaced for the new APAS

Got it, Benjee himself should just remove it from the mod I'm not sure why its still around if its depreciated.

55 minutes ago, Beccab said:

Is it possibile to at least remove it from the menu and/or do a BDB and call it "deprecated"?

Using Janitors Toolbox you can 'cull' it from your parts list so it wont appear. Otherwise just delete it from the parts folder.

As someone who's been recently obsessed with the design of X-37B, I was delighted to see someone working on a more detailed mod for it, as the ones that I could find were inaccurate and not detailed enough. 

I've been trying to recreate a close resemblance of this with stock which is fun, but obviously not good enough. I don't ever use part mods in KSP, but this will certainly be a must-have exception once it's released. Keep up the good work @DylanSemrau,  the photos of it so far look amazing, I look forward to this and can't wait to fly it in game.

Edited by Kerb Your Enthusiasm

Given the percentages of sr management at Boeing that are former McDonnell Douglas execs vs pre transition Boeing Execs...*   You could almost call this the McD Spaceliner.   Or Gemini's great Grandson :D

Factual but tongue in cheek comments aside, Nice Capsule!

The McD err SORRY   Boeing Space capsule built family tree:

Mercury-Gemini-BigGemini-DCx-Starliner and Off in left field a shirttail cousin NAA/Rockwell STS SpaceShuttle :D  

19 minutes ago, Pappystein said:

Given the percentages of sr management at Boeing that are former McDonnell Douglas execs vs pre transition Boeing Execs...*   You could almost call this the McD Spaceliner.   Or Gemini's great Grandson :D

Factual but tongue in cheek comments aside, Nice Capsule!

The McD err SORRY   Boeing Space capsule built family tree:

Mercury-Gemini-BigGemini-DCx-Starliner and Off in left field a shirttail cousin NAA/Rockwell STS SpaceShuttle :D  

Clearly, we now have to put a Gemini command module on a Starliner SM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/2/2021 at 8:31 AM, Beccab said:

Personally I can see it, the only problem is that it doesn't come out searching "starliner", only "centauri" unlike the rest

This is part of your filter settings - one of the standard packages prevents multiple categories by setting its original category to none - the problem is that it doesn't show up through search then.

• 2 weeks later...

Pre OFT-2 work is going well

Tiles are almost all complete, thrusters are all done, RCS blocks on SM have been reworked, the SM umbilical has also been changed to the all blue OFT-2 look

3UsqG26.pngZMqehc5.pngeq9ZME7.png

Edited by DylanSemrau

6 hours ago, DylanSemrau said:

Pre OFT-2 work is going well

Tiles are almost all complete, thrusters are all done, RCS blocks on SM have been reworked, the SM umbilical has also been changed to the all blue OFT-2 look

3UsqG26.pngZMqehc5.pngeq9ZME7.png

Thats so darn pretty. Big admiration for your texturing. Wen X-37b teasers?