[WIP] [1.8.x] C.E.D.A Future Tech Division (FTD) Parts Development

KerboNerd

Epstein Drive Standalone Release  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should i release the Epstein drives with some reactors as a standalone mod?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

nglMK0Hh.png

Presents

PvoTQnr.png

On this topic i will try to post all the parts i'm working on for FTD.

Feel free to give feedback. Any appreciated. :)

So let's begin...

Main idea:

Creation of the series "The Expanse" inspired parts. That means:

• Famous military frigate "Rocinante" parts 
  • Mega Station parts
  • Various Fusion Torch Drives (Epstein drives)
  • Other well known ship parts like the Truman-class, Donnager-class etc.
  • Structural parts that you'll be able to use to make utilitarian ships look industrial (tanks with trusses)
  • Sleek ship parts to make yachts

Creation of other, heavily Sci Fi inspired parts.

• Freight containers
  • Reactors or many kinds
  • Structural parts

Possible help:

My dream goal for KSP is to gather a team of creative KSP veterans that have a special place in their hearts for Sci Fi. To come up with ideas and solutions for creating an awesome universe of toys that, in the end, can make an awesome universe of possibilities. This way the transition to KSP2 would be perfect. Since KSP2 very much emphasizes Sci Fi and interstellar travel tech, all the stuff we'd make for KSP1 could be easily ported to KSP2 with ease and we'd have a "head start" of sorts.

Of course my coming up with C.E.D.A has nothing to do with all this. Well actually it kind of does. C.E.D.A is my first official step in KSP "Roleplay" if you can call it that. That doesn't mean you'd have to specifically "work" under C.E.D.A. It's just fictive. The team's name can be whatever, and i would be in no place a leader or a "slave master" as i've heard stuff like that happening. I'm just fascinated with this idea of a Sci Fi nerd team that could Sci KSP the Fi up! 

I hope all this doesn't make a weird picture.

If you think you're up for the task, throw a comment! I'll invite you to C.E.D.A's discord and from there we can start the ventures of KSP SciFi-ification!

Edited by KerboNerd

10 hours ago, krenshala said:

Now i'm curious what Isp and thrust they have.  Things look really nice so far.

The drive's stats are made relative to Rocie's stats on the fandom site.

• Thrust: 6,370,000 N
  • Specific Impulse (isp): 1,927,000 seconds
  • Exhaust Velocity (ve): 18,900,000 m/second (6.8% of light speed)
  • Mass Flow Rate: 2.2 kg/second
  • Thrust Power: 60.2 Terawatt
  • Total power output: 96.8 Terawatt
  • Engine's Thrust to Weight Ratio: Presumably over 3 (The Roci has a dry TWR of 2.6)

• 1 month later...

ZEaPD9x.png

ICFR-8320 "HELIOS" Inertial Confinement Fusion Reactor

I've made a more "realistic" converter method for the ICFRs so that powering engines becomes less efficient therefore more balanced.

These parts look fantastic! might i ask how the fusion reactors work? can you mine fuel for them from some planets or moons or are you limited with what you carry? and are there / will there be tanks too increase fuel capacity for said reactors? thanks!

6 hours ago, reese4221 said:

These parts look fantastic! might i ask how the fusion reactors work? can you mine fuel for them from some planets or moons or are you limited with what you carry? and are there / will there be tanks too increase fuel capacity for said reactors? thanks!

Both the reactors and the fusion rockets work in a similar manner. Currently the only fusion mode for the reactors is Helium3/Deuterium. I've created a new resource called ""Helium Plasma" that the reactors create when activated. The plasma then can be routed to either the engines or power converters.

Helium-3 is commonly available in the atmospheres of gas giants. Therefore this pack will have scoops to gather the helium. Deuterium(Heavy Water) is created by gathering water and separating it with a standalone converter that will be made.

• 2 weeks later...

Need more cargo parts in several designs, also need more habitat modules for both planetary and space in several different designs. maybe more food storage and prossesing modules compatable with S.N.A.C.K.S. also maybe refinery parts for both planetary and space. these are just some ideas. will try to come up with designs for these if I can.

I have a bunch of 3d files for crates and barrels that could also be used for engines or other parts. if you would like them let me know what format for the 3d files and where to send or post them for your use. I would be glad to share them to help your idea. this type of mod sounds awsome.

• 2 months later...
On 6/14/2020 at 2:24 PM, dvdwilliams88 said:

I have a bunch of 3d files for crates and barrels that could also be used for engines or other parts. if you would like them let me know what format for the 3d files and where to send or post them for your use. I would be glad to share them to help your idea. this type of mod sounds awsome.

You can hop on C.E.D.A's discord - https://discord.gg/yQBam7d

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

''If you think you're up for the task, throw a comment! I'll invite you to C.E.D.A's discord and from there we can start the ventures of KSP SciFi-ification!''

but I don't know if you can  just download it and play or you have to develop something IDK I'm just tired it's really late in the day

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Opteryx said:

download?

go onto the discord server pls, I asked there together with another person, we got no answer sadly

so unless the author does anything here or on the discord server it seems to me there is no download avaiable :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.