[1.12.3] Luciole 1.9

Well

I didn’t want to make a classic fin, so to help with the guidance, I add this small curved section as a kind of guidance for the airflow.

Very light guidance, but very useful for a rocket of this size, and without "destroying" the design of the rocket.

EVY2-lEWoAAHfyw?format=png&name=900x900

Hi, I am enjoying this little beauty, I just logged in to second the small fin but you beat me to it, while I'm here, many thanks, also looking forward to boosters, I never realised smaller was good :lol:

5 hours ago, lionwave said:

Already adore this mod! Looking forward to seeing more parts in this size. Would love some tiny solar panels maybe?

The most interesting thing I've done with them so was this (honestly overbuilt) mun-lander:
Qqu5lel.png

Thanks! Interesting use of those parts, Kerbals Style!!

So far the next update are going to add Radial Decoupler, little aero fin, fuel tank at 0.3125 scale + nose cone 0.3125.

like i've said I probably want to do some 0.3125 / 0.625 probe

I like this mod but it has a few issues.

First off: The tech tree needs to be sorted out.

Also: The Praying Mantis engine's ASL ISP should be reduced to levels similar to the Terrier or Poodle engines

Finally: I think the ISP's are a little bit overpowered, the Aerospike should have similar ISP to the Stock Dart aerospike instead of 400+ in vacuum, the Praying mantis could be reduced from 360 to 340, between the Terrier and Poodle, and the Mosquito could have it's overall ISP slightly reduced

2 hours ago, BallistX said:

I like this mod but it has a few issues.

First off: The tech tree needs to be sorted out.

Also: The Praying Mantis engine's ASL ISP should be reduced to levels similar to the Terrier or Poodle engines

Finally: I think the ISP's are a little bit overpowered, the Aerospike should have similar ISP to the Stock Dart aerospike instead of 400+ in vacuum, the Praying mantis could be reduced from 360 to 340, between the Terrier and Poodle, and the Mosquito could have it's overall ISP slightly reduced

yes the techtree is not set for now.

Engine ISP need to be reduced, but i need to adjust carrefully to make them useful at 2.5 scale.

More French style rocketry ! Nice to separate it from KNES since it was supposed to be private !

I think the most use of this mod is for those who play in difficult career mode with low funds, so mounting a first Mun science return mission with that kind of gear seems approppriate.

And for those whu ask for tiny solar Panels, KNES has a part that can fit this role.  Tbh it is even useful on stock parts since it is the FIRST solar panel we get in the tech tree, before the others and even before the Tantares ones.

Well, if you wish to make Luciole completely independant from KNES, you could repurpose your own part with just a color change unless it creates difficulties about compatibility with KNES. The only solution I can recommend is to download KNES as well. But I'm sure most of Well's mods fans will already have it anyways.

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

19 hours ago, Quoniam Kerman said:

Well, if you wish to make Luciole completely independant from KNES, you could repurpose your own part with just a color change unless it creates difficulties about compatibility with KNES. The only solution I can recommend is to download KNES as well. But I'm sure most of Well's mods fans will already have it anyways.

I don't have decided if i want to make a solar panel for this mod.

But Really small probe are already made

a 0.3125 probe and cubesat 3size in variant (bottom ring of those is 0.125 diameter)

EVkeNxRXQAMR37e?format=jpg&name=medium

EVkeNxTX0AQmFDS?format=jpg&name=large

This small cubesat could maybe be used like a small solar panel if i add srf attach

On 4/11/2020 at 12:04 PM, Well said:

I already work on the update, with at first a small radial decoupler for the Heavy variant.

radial_decoupler.png

Speaking of decouplers, the current ones need balancing, the Cicada decoupler has way too much power and the Cricket not enough.

7 hours ago, BallistX said:

Speaking of decouplers, the current ones need balancing, the Cicada decoupler has way too much power and the Cricket not enough.

Thanks for the Review, the 0.125 Cricket decoupler is for payload at low mass, so it is not supposed to have any "force" i could adjust them a little.

the 0.625 Cicada decoupler is for stage decouple, this one need more force, is that too much for you remember you could adjust them by right click on it.

Stock decoupler are generally powerful (too much) but make sense to allow 'more" by the fact you could reduce the force by right click.

Payload Adapter for all those new sat

screen_2560x1440_2020-04-15_13-44-20.png

EVpdXr7X0AAhiij?format=jpg&name=medium

Stack something at this scale is really hard, not easy to set the craft files. But really fun to play !

Having multipayload at this scale is awesome

Edited by Well

Luciole 1.1  "It's Business Time"  is online

lxg7pyZ.jpg

Luciole 1.1 [2020-04-16]
-------------------------------

- New Radial Decoupler
	- New Little Fin for a better control
	- New 0.3125 LFO tank for liquid booster (3 sizes)
	- New 0.3125 NoseCone
	- New 0.3125 Probe
	- New CubeSat
	- New Payload Adapter
	- Navier texture update
	- LFO Tank mass/cost ratio adjusted
	- Updated craft files
	- Fx not used removed
	- Fx fix at low throttle
	- Set a new sound effect
	- Reduced Fairing Drag
	- Reduced Drag on the nose cone
	- Reduced ISP of All engines
	- TechTree Review

Github

Hello, Well,

i noticed that it is quite difficult to equip the engine mount with single or tripplets of engines. One reason is the collider which reaches far over the connection points, another reason is the fact that the engine mount allows radial attachments. Maybe you could rework this?

regards
hraban

10 minutes ago, hraban said:

Hello, Well,

i noticed that it is quite difficult to equip the engine mount with single or tripplets of engines. One reason is the collider which reaches far over the connection points, another reason is the fact that the engine mount allows radial attachments. Maybe you could rework this?

That probably a good idea, thanks for the review, i will investigate that!

Micro-sats and radial decouplers and little aero bits? :D 

I agree about the mosquito being a bit of a faff to assemble, it might work better with the single mosquito as a .3125m part and the Honeybee as a single part with the engines included and would also reduce part count.

I find it weird that the fairings and the kick stage engine have probe control points, I deleted those from their config files so that the avionics module has more of a purpose. Unless that was changed in 1.1?

Edit- the tiny 0.3125m fuel tanks have no names?

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

27 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Micro-sats and radial decouplers and little aero bits? :D 

I agree about the mosquito being a bit of a faff to assemble, it might work better with the single mosquito as a .3125m part and the Honeybee as a single part with the engines included and would also reduce part count.

I find it weird that the fairings and the kick stage engine have probe control points, I deleted those from their config files so that the avionics module has more of a purpose. Unless that was changed in 1.1?

Edit- the tiny 0.3125m fuel tanks have no names?

I think the KickStage has probe control so it can be recovered, like the fairings.

4 minutes ago, BallistX said:

I think the KickStage has probe control so it can be recovered, like the fairings.

Didn't think of that, but I use the StageRecovery mod which does that for me as long as I stick enough parachutes on the bits to be recovered. I still don't see why sticking a little avionics module into the stack would be that much harder though.

1 minute ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Didn't think of that, but I use the StageRecovery mod which does that for me as long as I stick enough parachutes on the bits to be recovered. I still don't see why sticking a little avionics module into the stack would be that much harder though.

I guess it saves some weight and if you forget to put a probe core, it has control.

It is worth looking the truth - almost all parts in this mod have too high characteristics and therefore make a lot of key stock parts ineffective or useless.

Several years ago, many modders did the same, so the story repeats itself.

P.S. But all this parts looks really amazing.

Edited by Aerospacer

4 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

It is worth looking the truth - almost all parts in this mod have too high characteristics and therefore make a lot of key stock parts ineffective or useless.

I find that a little hard. I can understand and still adjust some parts. But I also don't force anyone to use this mod

8 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

I find that hard to believe, there are almost no stock parts in the 0.625m size bracket and none at all in 0.3125m. Initially the engine ISPs were a bit too high but they've been adjusted to more reasonable levels now and the parts moved through the tech tree a bit more so it seems well balanced to me and compares quite well with other small parts mods like RLA Reborn. Plus it looks better than almost any other parts mod I've come across to date.

@Wellif you could, can you do a 3-way stack splitter for the triangular satellites? They're slightly too big to fit on the 4-way one comfortably. The cube sat has the same battery and solar panel capacities regardless of its size, is there a way to make these scale with the length chosen? If it's going to involve a lot of work then don't bother, it's a minor thing :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.