Well

[1.10.1] Luciole 1.4

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

gQnQ00V.jpg

Ed2aTEgXsAIMLb9?format=jpg&name=large

Download : Github / Spacedock

Changelog

Luciole 1.4 [2020-08-05]
------------------------

	- 2 New LaunchPad
	- Fix HyperNavier attach node
	- Fix Luciole Pod Engine Fx

Luciole 1.3 [2020-07-25]
------------------------

	- "Bot" Probe have now a SAS Level = 3
	- Fix CubeSat 3U theme color icon
	- Fix a typo Error in Kickstage config (Thanks @Iodyne)
	- Fix Nodes af the Vacuum engine in 0.3125 variant
	- Fix RCX fx of the kickstage
	- New embbed Science "Student Experiment" for CubeSat 3U
	- New embbed Science "Customer Experiment" for "Bot" ProbeSat
	- New Nano Antenna
	- New UHF Antenna (By @CineboxAndrew)
	- New X-Band relay (By @CineboxAndrew)
	- New 6U "Ker" CubeSat
	- New 0.3125 monoprop fuel tank
	- New "Hyper Mantis" 0.3125 engine
	- New srf attach mono prop fuel tank
	- 4 new solar panel
	- New 0.3125 decoupler
	- New Craft Files
	- Reduced sound engine when they "activate"
	- Reduced Probes Com Range & set to internal
	- Review of CubeSat Mass

Luciole 1.2.1 [2020-07-04]
-------------------------------

	- Fix for Fairings in KSP 1.10
	- Firefly Kickstage is now in probe category	

Luciole 1.2.0 [2020-04-24]
-------------------------------

	- Fix Missing name for 0.3125 fuel tank
	- Fix of name variant error
	- Probes cost adjusted
	- Kickstage cost adjusted
	- Added Vertex color AO for engine plate
	- Added a Fairing to the Engine mount

Luciole 1.1.0 [2020-04-16]
-------------------------------

	- New Radial Decoupler
	- New Little Fin for a better control
	- New 0.3125 LFO tank for liquid booster (3 sizes)
	- New 0.3125 NoseCone
	- New 0.3125 Probe
	- New CubeSat
	- New Payload Adapter
	- Navier texture update
	- LFO Tank mass/cost ratio adjusted
	- Updated craft files
	- Fx not used removed
	- Fx fix at low throttle
	- Set a new sound effect
	- Reduced Fairing Drag
	- Reduced Drag on the nose cone
	- Reduced ISP of All engines
	- TechTree Review

What is Luciole mod?

This is a stockalike parts mod that allows you to create a small 0.625 rockets inspired by a real private french concept "Zephyr"

ERY1Ae3XsAEyvy4?format=jpg&name=large

http://www.venture-orbital.com/

Manned pod was inspired by the Copenhagen suborbital Spica capsule.

Firefly Aerospace for the Aerospike engine.

 

xQW4MV1.jpg

Parts Render :

Spoiler

 

dLSBRcL.jpg

EVkeNxRXQAMR37e?format=jpg&name=medium

EVkeNxTX0AQmFDS?format=jpg&name=large

screen_2560x1440_2020-07-25_15-12-26.jpg

xQW4MV1.jpg

Parts Variant :

Spoiler

bZOPpe2.jpg

Licence : Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) 

by-nc-nd.png

Thanks: 

@JadeOfMaar for the Aerospike Engine Plume Fx (old Plume party Fx)

@Beale for the texture advices

 

In game screenshots:

Spoiler

 

screenshot0.jpg

screenshot0.png

screenshot20.png

screenshot0.jpg

screenshot11.png

screenshot6.jpg

screenshot3.png

screenshot19.png

screenshot4.png

 

Edited by Well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats! This looks super cool! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you have a picture or link about the Zephyr concept? The only Zephyr rocket I found is a book for kids :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ndiver said:

Do you have a picture or link about the Zephyr concept? The only Zephyr rocket I found is a book for kids :D

i'm going to add picture and link on the thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is awsome. I having been waiting for someone to make a dedicated nano launch vehicle mod. Combining this with Commonwealth Rockets by @Beale, I will have so many small rocket options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking for this type of stuff and will give it a try for sure!

Super boulot :D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like this mod, I'm a fan of small probes/rockets and this could be a great addition. I eagerly await the addition of some small (0.625m/0.3125m) probe cores and related parts especially relay dishes which are very hard to come by. I also like that despite using lots of small engines the sound effects don't ruin my ears with excessive noise or weird harmonics that playing the same sound effect repeatedly can often create.

The 'Mosquito' engine used by the Luciole Heavy acts a bit strangely for me, there's a ~20% zone at maximum and minimum throttle where the sound and visual effects from the engines don't change when the throttle is adjusted- it works fine in the middle, from ~20-80%, but it's silent below ~20% throttle with no engine plumes and doesn't change above ~80%. I don't know much about the inner workings of engines but I'm hoping it's a simple fix to spread the effects out over the entire throttle range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I like this mod, I'm a fan of small probes/rockets and this could be a great addition. I eagerly await the addition of some small (0.625m/0.3125m) probe cores and related parts especially relay dishes which are very hard to come by. I also like that despite using lots of small engines the sound effects don't ruin my ears with excessive noise or weird harmonics that playing the same sound effect repeatedly can often create.

The 'Mosquito' engine used by the Luciole Heavy acts a bit strangely for me, there's a ~20% zone at maximum and minimum throttle where the sound and visual effects from the engines don't change when the throttle is adjusted- it works fine in the middle, from ~20-80%, but it's silent below ~20% throttle with no engine plumes and doesn't change above ~80%. I don't know much about the inner workings of engines but I'm hoping it's a simple fix to spread the effects out over the entire throttle range.

Thanks

------------

Fx could be adjusted in Config files, I would investigate that to see what i could do, i don't have noticed because i generally use them at full throttle.

( If you talk about the Glowing effect on the engine, i think you can't have it at 20 % throttle not hot enought.

Don't worry that the first release, and i can't test everything in all case. So let me know what need to be adjusted or fixed, no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Well I have long dreamed about such, GRANDY THANK YOU very big much a lot OMFG size! :cool: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Well after some more playing with this mod, I have a few suggestions, feel free to ignore them if you like ;):

- A really small aero fin, smaller than the stock basic fin and preferably with the same colours as the other parts, for improved stability during launch. Control surfaces would be good, but not essential for rockets this small. I'd also like to see white/red variants of the 'Honeybee' engine mount and the two payload fairings. Also, a radial decoupler for strap-on boosters- some other mods e.g. Restock+ have them but it would be nice to have one that matched the rest of the Luciole parts;

- The aerospike engine seems too efficient compared to stock parts and also to most mods I've seen, a vacuum ISP of over 400 for a Lf/Ox engine is too high. The Mosquito engine's ISP at sea level also seems very high- 340 is higher than most vacuum-optimised engines get in vacuum. Reductions to ~360 for the aerospike and ~300-330 for the mosquito would make them more in line with stock (but still better :P).

- Fuel tank cost/mass/fuel ratios are inconsistent, the Beetle tank is too heavy for its size and the two smaller tanks should be a bit more expensive to be more in line with the stock fuel tanks- larger tanks cost less than the same capacity using smaller tanks. While I'm talking about fuel tanks- any chance you could move that vertical bar/line/stripe thing to be directly opposite the flag? Asymmetry annoys me a lot more than it probably should :0.0:;

- Tech tree nodes. Everything is in the first node, so it's possible to build a rocket that can make orbit right away in a career game which seems wrong to me. Spreading the parts across a few different nodes further along the tree (levels 3-5 on the tree maybe and miniaturization in particular, see https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Technology_tree) would avoid this issue.

I can confirm that everything works in KSP v1.8.1 and am planning to make many more rockets with this great little mod, keep up the good work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

@Well after some more playing with this mod, I have a few suggestions, feel free to ignore them if you like ;):

- A really small aero fin, smaller than the stock basic fin and preferably with the same colours as the other parts, for improved stability during launch. Control surfaces would be good, but not essential for rockets this small. I'd also like to see white/red variants of the 'Honeybee' engine mount and the two payload fairings. Also, a radial decoupler for strap-on boosters- some other mods e.g. Restock+ have them but it would be nice to have one that matched the rest of the Luciole parts;

- The aerospike engine seems too efficient compared to stock parts and also to most mods I've seen, a vacuum ISP of over 400 for a Lf/Ox engine is too high. The Mosquito engine's ISP at sea level also seems very high- 340 is higher than most vacuum-optimised engines get in vacuum. Reductions to ~360 for the aerospike and ~300-330 for the mosquito would make them more in line with stock (but still better :P).

- Fuel tank cost/mass/fuel ratios are inconsistent, the Beetle tank is too heavy for its size and the two smaller tanks should be a bit more expensive to be more in line with the stock fuel tanks- larger tanks cost less than the same capacity using smaller tanks. While I'm talking about fuel tanks- any chance you could move that vertical bar/line/stripe thing to be directly opposite the flag? Asymmetry annoys me a lot more than it probably should :0.0:;

- Tech tree nodes. Everything is in the first node, so it's possible to build a rocket that can make orbit right away in a career game which seems wrong to me. Spreading the parts across a few different nodes further along the tree (levels 3-5 on the tree maybe and miniaturization in particular, see https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Technology_tree) would avoid this issue.

- i know color variant could look weird, but the idea was to match the irl Zephyr concept, i could see later if i could add more color by mesh switch, but i can't for all part (no all white / black / red for all parts) will see for Fin or decoupler

- yeah engine are cheated for the scale, the ISP is too height, i could probably balance them again, but that was needed to make them useful, the Irl concept could only launch ~40 Kg in low orbit. The idea was to have a funny mod, pushing people to use those small part, 0.625 are too much unused in game)

- i will try to balance Fuel tank cost/mass/fuel ratios        /       sorry for your Asymmetry problem, fuel line are not going to move. (you could remove from symmetry in game now)

- I've planned to balance TechTree, but i need to play a lot with it in carreer before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jimmymcgoochie i've noticed some problem with the engine sound, so yeah i'm probably going to switch to a classic stock sound if i can't fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite fun and pretty little rocket! Very useful to launch early BDB satellites (Explorers, Vanguards and such) if you want a fully-liquid launcher for all your MJ needs instead of using Vanguard/Juno/Scout. Works nicely in 2.5x rescale. Manned variant can't reach orbit, but that's expected (it's a suborbital capsule, after all).

One wish: RealPlume configs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, biohazard15 said:

Quite fun and pretty little rocket! Very useful to launch early BDB satellites (Explorers, Vanguards and such) if you want a fully-liquid launcher for all your MJ needs instead of using Vanguard/Juno/Scout. Works nicely in 2.5x rescale. Manned variant can't reach orbit, but that's expected (it's a suborbital capsule, after all).

Many thanks for this return, happy to know that work fine in 2.5 scale. Manned variant only suborbital sound correct at this scale.

------------------------

I never do Real Plume config, people are going to made them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Well said:

Many thanks for this return, happy to know that work fine in 2.5 scale. Manned variant only suborbital sound correct at this scale.

------------------------

I never do Real Plume config, people are going to made them

I'll be sure to include them in the next update of RealPlume-stock :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

A really small aero fin, smaller than the stock basic fin and preferably with the same colours as the other parts, for improved stability during launch. Control surfaces would be good, but not essential for rockets this small. I'd also like to see white/red variants of the 'Honeybee' engine mount and the two payload fairings. Also, a radial decoupler for strap-on boosters- some other mods e.g. Restock+ have them but it would be nice to have one that matched the rest of the Luciole parts;

I second that, especially tiny radial decoupler.

7 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

The aerospike engine seems too efficient compared to stock parts and also to most mods I've seen, a vacuum ISP of over 400 for a Lf/Ox engine is too high. The Mosquito engine's ISP at sea level also seems very high- 340 is higher than most vacuum-optimised engines get in vacuum. Reductions to ~360 for the aerospike and ~300-330 for the mosquito would make them more in line with stock (but still better :P).

Some adjustments may be good, but right now Luciole fits into 2.5x/JNSQ rescale balance quite nicely - small launcher for really small things. Balancing it for stock system would likely make it barely usable in rescales - and most popular mods (BDB, Tantares) are balanced for 2.5x/JNSQ, not for stock.

7 hours ago, Well said:

Fuel tank cost/mass/fuel ratios are inconsistent, the Beetle tank is too heavy for its size and the two smaller tanks should be a bit more expensive to be more in line with the stock fuel tanks- larger tanks cost less than the same capacity using smaller tanks.

Same as above - some adjustments may be good, and some not so much.

7 hours ago, Well said:

Tech tree nodes. Everything is in the first node, so it's possible to build a rocket that can make orbit right away in a career game which seems wrong to me.

Depends on what you're balancing it against. For example, BDB adds Redstone/Juno I and Vanguard, with associated satellites. Tantares adds Vostok and R-7. I'd say leave it in start node.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's even possible to launch them from an airplane for a heavier payload.:kiss:

Don't know why but the alternate color remind me of Tintin Moon Rocket.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, josselin2196 said:

It's even possible to launch them from an airplane for a heavier payload.:kiss:

Why not? They're not heavy. Something like Stratolauncher (with rocket between fuselages under centerplane) would work just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

...I eagerly await the addition of some small (0.625m/0.3125m) probe cores and related parts especially relay dishes which are very hard to come by...

My current playthrough has many cores and relays that go well with 0.625m, plus a good choice of small relays. These other mods should all work fine with Well's shiny new mod.

Coatl Aerospace Probes Plus: 2 rectangular 0.625 probes, one relay dish, some folding relays that can lay flat against the outside of a tank for launch.

Near Future Exploration: 1 circular 0.625 probe, some tiny relays, and a new game mechanic for deployable dishes that amplify the power of the small relays.

Tantares: 3 circular probes, at least 5 small relays.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

I second that, especially tiny radial decoupler.

Some adjustments may be good, but right now Luciole fits into 2.5x/JNSQ rescale balance quite nicely - small launcher for really small things. Balancing it for stock system would likely make it barely usable in rescales - and most popular mods (BDB, Tantares) are balanced for 2.5x/JNSQ, not for stock.

Same as above - some adjustments may be good, and some not so much.

Depends on what you're balancing it against. For example, BDB adds Redstone/Juno I and Vanguard, with associated satellites. Tantares adds Vostok and R-7. I'd say leave it in start node.

Thanks, yes i don't want to break 2.5 compatibility, i need to see what i could adjust a little. (it's maybe time for me to install 2.5 scale to adjust it fine)

I've planned to move some part later on the techtree, but not so much. I think Docking Port / Aerospike / small rcs / inline parachute could be moved 1 or 2 branch later on the tech tree. But like you have said i like to have a full launcher aviable at the start.

7 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

My current playthrough has many cores and relays that go well with 0.625m, plus a good choice of small relays. These other mods should all work fine with Well's shiny new mod.

Yeah i think all big part mod have always 1 or 2 probe core at this scale, the 0.7 fairing allow 0.625 payload so that make many possibilities. But for the classic fairing i need 1 or 2, 0.3125 probe.  At this scale they probably need embbed solar panel and antenna (low capacity)

Edited by Well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, josselin2196 said:

It's even possible to launch them from an airplane for a heavier payload.:kiss:

Don't know why but the alternate color remind me of Tintin Moon Rocket.

for the variant color of monoprop tank with checkerboard style, i was inspired from the Spica capsule. But with red color to keep color of Zephyr concept.

spicamission_capsule-e1506153907545.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already work on the update, with at first a small radial decoupler for the Heavy variant.

radial_decoupler.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.