[1.12.3] Luciole 1.9

Well

On 8/20/2020 at 2:15 PM, Daveroski said:

The Goliath barely lost any ablator during Atmo braking at 40k from Mimnus.

It also failed to protect the Walking Leaf mounted behind it which was destroyed by over heating.

I had to reload a save, and then return at 50K. The Walking Leaf got overheated but managed to survive, after 4 times through the atmosphere during which time only a couple of units of ablator were used I managed to recover the craft.

I expected 40K atmospheric entry  from Mimnus orbit to be easily survivable. I expected to use a whole lot of ablator in the process.

Heat is being transfered to the item behind the heat shield because the heat shield is not shedding heat with the ablator.

Please fix this at your convenience.

D.

Interesting review, i will take a look. The shield actually use the same "config" "stats" than the 0.625 stock heatshield. it supposed to work the same way. Maybe i've set a stupid heat resistance or something like that. Are you on 1.10.1 ?

1 hour ago, Well said:

The shield actually use the same "config" "stats" than the 0.625 stock heatshield. it supposed to work the same way. Maybe i've set a stupid heat resistance or something like that. Are you on 1.10.1 ?

I can't honestly speak for the stock version of the heat shield.
I have never had the need for one until I started using your mod.

I was comparing it with the experience I have had with the 1.25 stock heat shield.

Just because something is 'stock' doesn't mean it works as it should.
If yours works but stock's doesn't then hurrah! for you :D

The problem may not even be down to the heat shield.
It may be a fault with the parachute. I figure that either the heat shield is transferring heat to a connected item, which it shouldn't do unless it is out of ablator or the in-line-parachute is catching re-entry heat when it should be protected by the shield in front of it.

The decoupler for the in-line-parachute still does not show up in staging. Only the parachute shows in staging and firing it triggers the decoupler. This can have disastrous results on some builds.

Yes I am on 1.10

D.

Edited by Daveroski
Missing data

2 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

The decoupler for the in-line-parachute still does not show up in staging. Only the parachute shows in staging and firing it triggers the decoupler. This can have disastrous results on some builds.

I know you don't like that but that how it is supposed to work. ( Also part can't have Chute and decoupler icon on the stage list, can't have both )

I've also asked if you play in 1.10.1 because 1.10.1 is still a lot bugged tbh

Just because something is 'stock' doesn't mean it works as it should.
If yours works but stock's doesn't then hurrah! for you :D

I perfectly understood that lol

@Daveroski 

On my test he overheat a little but don't explode even from minmus, but depend maybe of the craft and your setting. By the fact this chute is generally hight on the vessel, the heatshield can't really protect it at 100%.

But i've noticed the "Walking leaf" inline chute have a Max temp a little low compared to stock part or other chute 2000K vs ~2800K. So i'm going to fix it that way.

Fixed on the actual Github master repo if you want  https://github.com/AstroWell/Luciole

7 hours ago, Well said:

I've also asked if you play in 1.10.1 because 1.10.1 is still a lot bugged tbh

True, but if pioneers like myself don't take the lead and try it, it will never get fixed. :D

1 hour ago, Well said:

But i've noticed the "Walking leaf" inline chute have a Max temp a little low compared to stock part or other chute 2000K vs ~2800K. So i'm going to fix it that way.

I just tested a stock version using the mk16 chute and a stock heat shield. My experiments all made it safely back down.
That test was from further than Mimnus. It was from the very edge of Kerbin Space and It came in with a Pe of only 30K.

Nothing took heat other than the shield and it used around 20 ablator

I am testing for an Eve flyby. Don't stop, just fly by and grab the data and come right home again. It will need to take the heat of atmospheric  braking. I think the craft I sent should do the job. The heat shield and chute are stock but several of the parts are from your mod.

Yesterday, I rescued a kerbal from the surface of The Mun and returned him home in a singe flight using only your mod.

D.

Hello!

Would there be a possibility of seeing a patch for RemoteTech? Using the wonderful probe cores added by this mod, it makes it a shame to not be able to use the fitting antennas.
If it's not convenient for yourself, I could take a look at it and do a PR into RemoteTech mod (or this one if you'd like) as it already has patches for multitude of other mods built into it.

2 hours ago, SubbDogg said:

Hello!

Would there be a possibility of seeing a patch for RemoteTech? Using the wonderful probe cores added by this mod, it makes it a shame to not be able to use the fitting antennas.
If it's not convenient for yourself, I could take a look at it and do a PR into RemoteTech mod (or this one if you'd like) as it already has patches for multitude of other mods built into it.

Yeah sorry i don't know anything about RemoteTech ( didn't even know it was still aviable )

If you want a patch you need to do it or ask someone else.

----------------------------------------

Working on a Vintage suit

screen_5120x2880_2020-08-29_19-25-13.png

EgnDY2MXsAY5So0?format=jpg&name=large
EgnDY2PXcAESA3h?format=jpg&name=large
EgnDY2PXkAAPwSw?format=jpg&name=large
EgnDY2RXcAI5oKN?format=jpg&name=large
Edited by Well

3 hours ago, Well said:

Yeah sorry i don't know anything about RemoteTech ( didn't even know it was still aviable )

If you want a patch you need to do it or ask someone else.

----------------------------------------

Working on a Vintage suit

screen_5120x2880_2020-08-29_19-25-13.png

EgnDY2MXsAY5So0?format=jpg&name=large
EgnDY2PXcAESA3h?format=jpg&name=large
EgnDY2PXkAAPwSw?format=jpg&name=large
EgnDY2RXcAI5oKN?format=jpg&name=large

Is that for the Texture Replacer mod?  Looks great! 

Edited by hemeac

Luciole 1.5 is online

Luciole 1.5 [2020-08-31]
--------------------------------------

- New Custom Classic Suit (Need KSP 1.10)
    - New Custom Vintage Suit (Need KSP 1.10 & MH dlc)
    - New Custom Future Suit (Need KSP 1.10 & BG dlc)
    - Fix Inline chute overheating

BjGcqjr.jpg

Luciole suit !

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

MASA

I'm currently using Alien Space Programs, to start from the Mun, which doesn't take too kindly to 1.10.1

I just added Luciole 1.5 to my 1.9.1 install (but removed the suits folder as that feature isn't in 1.9, but don't think that would cause any obvious issues if it remained).  I haven't used the launchpad yet, but it does load into the game.  I would just quickly backup your save and give it a go.

Edited by hemeac

On 9/10/2020 at 6:45 PM, GuessingEveryDay said:

Hey @Well? Do you think you can add the launchpads for 1.9.1 and before, because these parts are awesome. Structural tubes and launch clamps don't have that same shininess to it.

1.10.1 is needed only for eva suit, all other parts would load and work fine with old KSP

On 9/14/2020 at 10:04 PM, Gordon Dry said:

I cannot close the L-F "Butterfly" fairing - as soon as I use another one I have no issues.

That due to the 0.625 scale, sometime it's a little difficult to close, but the fairing work perfectly, and close if you really try...

15 minutes ago, Well said:

That due to the 0.625 scale, sometime it's a little difficult to close, but the fairing work perfectly, and close if you really try...

I wrote that post above after I tried it with 3 different (small) probes as payload. I also tried two different (small) decouplers.

• 2 weeks later...

Using DeadlyReentry the _Luciole_Heatshield_0625 was not able to stop the _Luciole_Avionics_0625 from heating up very quick and finally explode.
I guess the values are so stockish that when the DRE patching walks over it the values are not DRE capable.

I just recognized that the heat shield got a ModuleLiftingSurface.

Afaik this is outdated for smaller parts, like for example the Bluedog DB heatshield parts for Mercury and Gemini got none, but the Apollo heatshield does.

Also I remember that I read something about it that when DeadlyReentry and FAR are installed the ModuleLiftingSurface should be patched away.
I will test it.

Edited by Gordon Dry

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/pull/677

This is a support config for Luciole.

The pull request is targeted to Kerbalism 4.x dev but still got the "old" Kerbalism 3.x release syntax.

This means this config actually works correctly on Kerbalism 3.x

The direct link to the file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gordon-Dry/Kerbalism/add-support-for-Luciole/GameData/KerbalismConfig/Support/Luciole.cfg

The end of the url tells you where it has to be placed.

@Well Examples:
(the availability of certain setups depends the unlocked tech tree, based on CTT)

Spoiler

The "Student Experiment":EYJanDS.jpg

The "KSC Experiment" is the test bed and prototype of the following "Custom Experiment":dBByCDw.jpg

The "Custom Experiment" still needs to be unlocked:DeUWMHw.jpg

The 0.625m fairing:ETh5WmM.jpg

The 0.7m fairing, surprise, what will it be when the tech tree nodes are unlocked?u5t2bsF.jpg

The avionics, also surprise:nDVkqN4.jpg

And the kick stage:vvwkwK0.jpg

Edited by Gordon Dry
better link with actual content

@Well - wouldn't mind using the launchpad as a base for a mobile unit but problem is since I assemble in the HAB it won't fit out the door with the rocket standing up on it :P Other option is to have the platform be static and roll out the rocket but can't come up with a good mounting method. Easiest solution would just to be able to have the option to remove the vertical service tower monolith and I can just build my own to hold the rocket horizontal and then lift to vertical like Electron does

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.