Jump to content

[1.10.1] Luciole 1.5


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

@Wellif you could, can you do a 3-way stack splitter for the triangular satellites? They're slightly too big to fit on the 4-way one comfortably. The cube sat has the same battery and solar panel capacities regardless of its size, is there a way to make these scale with the length chosen? If it's going to involve a lot of work then don't bother, it's a minor thing :)

I could investigate for a second payload adapter. (If you offset the sat you could use the actual adapter, sorry no picture but i've made some launch this way)

For the Cubesat, sadly no i can't change the stats, stock part variant system don't allow that, only mass and cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

It is worth looking the truth - almost all parts in this mod have too high characteristics and therefore make a lot of key stock parts ineffective or useless.

Several years ago, many modders did the same, so the story repeats itself.

P.S. But all this parts looks really amazing.

consider making your feedback more effectual and less insulting by actually giving suggestions for better values the author can consider implementing

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drew Kerman said:

consider making your feedback more effectual and less insulting by actually giving suggestions for better values the author can consider implementing

I tried to say directly, but honestly.

Anyway I am sorry for my bad english and excessive directness.

Edited by Aerospacer
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

It is worth looking the truth - almost all parts in this mod have too high characteristics and therefore make a lot of key stock parts ineffective or useless.

Several years ago, many modders did the same, so the story repeats itself.

P.S. But all this parts looks really amazing.

The mod is still in development, have some patience.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Salut well bravo pour ce mod. Comme knes ce mod est vraiment très bien fait.

[Moderator added translation]
Hi well done for this mod. Like knes this mod is really very well done.

Edited by James Kerman
Added translation
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, shakuvendell said:

Soooo.... Will this mod explode on 1.8.1? Not ready to go 1.9.1 yet.

I'm using it in 1.8.1 and everything works fine as far as I can tell. The example rockets you get with the mod won't work in 1.8 or earlier unless you change the version inside the file to match the version you're using but that's the only thing I've found.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, I allowed myself to make a short video with mod.
We don't see all parts present in the mod but this gives an overview and I hope to convince those who don't yet have the mod in their GameData.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour, je me suis autorisé à faire une petite vidéo avec le mod.
On ne voit pas tout les élements présent dans le mod mais cela donne un aperçu et j'espere convaincra ceux qui n'ont pas encore le mod dans leur GameData.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v64BuJqZvWA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Kapu
Link to post
Share on other sites

Luciole 1.2 is online 

Luciole 1.2 [2020-04-24]
-------------------------------

    - Fix Missing name for 0.3125 fuel tank
    - Fix of name variant error
    - Probes cost adjusted
    - Kickstage cost adjusted
    - Added Vertex color AO for engine plate
    - Added a Fairing to the Engine mount

Github

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

@Well would really appreciate seeing this on CKAN.

For many reason my mod are not on CKAN, i've already talked a lot about that.

If you like it, please download here, Github or spacedock, thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Well said:

For many reason my mod are not on CKAN, i've already talked a lot about that.

If you like it, please download here, Github or spacedock, thanks.

I like the mod (and most of yours)  - just have so many mods installed to keep track of which is what version - hence CKAN.

No worries. Keep up the beautiful work, and I will use when they are on CKAN.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Well have you thought about doing a 0.625m to 0.3125m adapter/fuel tank? I think that's the only thing this mod still needs (well, that and a red version of the little fin please!), everything else is excellent and it has already become a staple of my space program especially those 'put a satellite here' type contracts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

@Well have you thought about doing a 0.625m to 0.3125m adapter/fuel tank? I think that's the only thing this mod still needs (well, that and a red version of the little fin please!), everything else is excellent and it has already become a staple of my space program especially those 'put a satellite here' type contracts.

Why did you need an 0.625 / 0.3125 adapter ? For what use ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Well said:

Why did you need an 0.625 / 0.3125 adapter ? For what use ?

I wanted to put a 0.3125m stage on top of a 0.625m stage but without an adapter it doesn't look right and will generate more drag.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I wanted to put a 0.3125m stage on top of a 0.625m stage but without an adapter it doesn't look right and will generate more drag.

I understand that but i don't have any 0.3125 fairing so i don't see the interest. What the point of making a 0.3125 fuel stage ? Anyway if people really want it i could look at that but no garantee.

I generally don't made part if i don't see a real use in game.

Also if you have my knes mod, the Veronique / Vesta rocket have a 0.625 / 0.3125 adpter decoupler, for the 0.3125 catpod

Dv6pscKX0AAqbCJ.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

I wanted to put a 0.3125m stage on top of a 0.625m stage but without an adapter it doesn't look right and will generate more drag.

Wouldn't it be possible to just encapsulate the 0.3125m stage in a 0.625m fairing?

Though, to be honest, I could see the utility in a tiny 0.3125m upper stage with a dedicated adapter for launching ultra small payloads for cheaper than with a 0.625m stage. I guess getting such a tiny fairing to work properly and making a payload small enough to fit would be challenging.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Wouldn't it be possible to just encapsulate the 0.3125m stage in a 0.625m fairing?

Though, to be honest, I could see the utility in a tiny 0.3125m upper stage with a dedicated adapter for launching ultra small payloads for cheaper than with a 0.625m stage. I guess getting such a tiny fairing to work properly and making a payload small enough to fit would be challenging.

From what i know that impossible at 0.3125, the thickness of the fairing is not adjustable, so you can't have a payload at this scale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Well said:

From what i know that impossible at 0.3125, the thickness of the fairing is not adjustable, so you can't have a payload at this scale.

This is upsets; a fairing with a 0.625 size is difficult to form a normal shape with a stock editor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...