[1.12.3] Luciole 1.9

Well

7 minutes ago, SpaceGreer said:

This is great! Always looking for more.payloads. thank you!

Will this be in the next release? R

Many thanks, 

Yes those parts are for the next release, don't have planned to add too much. Those new parts allow more variety of payload

EdTYyVgX0AQlnP1?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Well

Great work . Do you think it would be possible to add a spin stabilised cylindrical sat , reusing those assets ? I really do struggle to find decent looking spin stabilised sats

4 hours ago, sslaptnhablhat said:

Great work . Do you think it would be possible to add a spin stabilised cylindrical sat , reusing those assets ? I really do struggle to find decent looking spin stabilised sats

Sadly no i don't think i want to add something like that. Luciole is designed like a modern rocket for small sat/ cubesat. also the period look so different.

(And to be honest i feel i don't want to add more probes on this mod )

I think Bdb have some nice SpinStabilised Sats ?

This afternoon the CEO of Luciole Space Systems organised an event at KSC for the next update:

EdYDLlnXYAAdEb0?format=jpg&name=large

EdYDd4qXYAEw3Lj?format=jpg&name=large

A nice Event with many Fx !

EdYDd54X0AAbUhA?format=jpg&name=large

But using a Real Luciole rocket full of fuel for the event was really a "Kerbals" idea!

EdYDsnIXoAEipOv?format=jpg&name=large

EdYDsnyXkAA0Ayq?format=jpg&name=large

We are currently looking for the director and the journalist. We will keep you informed.

(Event using the new mod made by @benjee10  be sure to check this : )

3 minutes ago, Well said:

Sadly no i don't think i want to add something like that. Luciole is designed like a modern rocket for small sat/ cubesat. also the period look so different.

(And to be honest i feel i don't want to add more probes on this mod )

I think Bdb have some nice SpinStabilised Sats ?

Fair enough , BDB has parts to recreate some Pioneer I can t remember off the top of my head , but they re really quite ... specific . Not sure they would be great for making generic spin stabilised sats .

I noticed a typo in _Luciole_KickStage_0625.cfg; was 

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleRCSFX
		staginEnabled = false

should be 

stagingEnabled = false

------------------------------------------------------

Also here's a patch to fix a realfuels bug that allots 1300L to the KickStage and Ladybug when it should be 50L. (The part will start with 50L but the bug allows it to be filled up to 1300L) I also lowered the Ladybug's volume to 25.

@PART[_Luciole_KickStage_0625]:AFTER[RealFuels]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleFuelTanks
		volume = 50
		type = ServiceModule
	}
	!RESOURCE[MonoPropellant] {}
 }
@PART[_Luciole_Avionics_0625]:AFTER[RealFuels]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleFuelTanks
		volume = 25
		type = ServiceModule
	}
}

------------------------------

Lastly, I'm having a bug where Kickstage's RCS thrusters' plume isn't showing. They still work and drain fuel; there's just no VFX (not sure whether the audio is working or not either, but I didn't check). Here's log and screenshot (I placed an RCS on the flag to compare to the ones that come with the kickstage).

-------------------------------

EDIT:

I noticed I had also manually changed Kickstage to run Hydrazine. Not sure if I needed to do that and did not test w/o as I'm trying out SMURFF+RationalResources in place of RealFuels.

Edited by Iodyne

On 7/21/2020 at 9:28 PM, Iodyne said:

I noticed a typo in _Luciole_KickStage_0625.cfg; 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lastly, I'm having a bug where Kickstage's RCS thrusters' plume isn't showing. They still work and drain fuel; there's just no VFX (not sure whether the audio is working or not either, but I didn't check). Here's log and screenshot (I placed an RCS on the flag to compare to the ones that come with the kickstage).

Thanks for your report. Typo errors in Luciole Kickstage will be fixed in the next update.

------------------------

RCS are so small they have 0.1 thurst power, so if you use fine control or Mechjeb, RCS could just not be visible at all.

(btw RCS are not really visible irl, NASA Tv or other irl live generally use light exposure to make them more visible)

---------------------------

Not sure i want to include this patch for real fuel, maybe later. But Thanks for your work

16 hours ago, Well said:

Thanks for your report. Typo errors in Luciole Kickstage will be fixed in the next update.

------------------------

RCS are so small they have 0.1 thurst power, so if you use fine control or Mechjeb, RCS could just not be visible at all.

(btw RCS are not really visible irl, NASA Tv or other irl live generally use light exposure to make them more visible)

---------------------------

Not sure i want to include this patch for real fuel, maybe later. But Thanks for your work

No problem.

Ah okay knowing that makes me feel more okay :) But there is the discrepancy that the separate RCS part does display exhaust.

9 hours ago, Iodyne said:

No problem.

Ah okay knowing that makes me feel more okay :) But there is the discrepancy that the separate RCS part does display exhaust.

i'm actually busy and don't have tested, but if the separate RCS work fine, the RCS on the Kickstage is maybe not set correctly, i will take a look soon. ASAP

Thanks for the review.

Luciole 1.3 is online :

screen_2560x1440_2020-07-25_15-12-26.jpg

Luciole 1.3 [2020-07-25]
------------------------

- "Bot" Probe have now a SAS Level = 3
	- Fix CubeSat 3U theme color icon
	- Fix a typo Error in Kickstage config (Thanks @Iodyne)
	- Fix Nodes af the Vacuum engine in 0.3125 variant
	- Fix RCX fx of the kickstage
	- New embbed Science "Student Experiment" for CubeSat 3U
	- New embbed Science "Customer Experiment" for "Bot" ProbeSat
	- New Nano Antenna
	- New UHF Antenna (By @CineboxAndrew)
	- New X-Band relay (By @CineboxAndrew)
	- New 6U "Ker" CubeSat
	- New 0.3125 monoprop fuel tank
	- New "Hyper Mantis" 0.3125 engine
	- New srf attach mono prop fuel tank
	- 4 new solar panel
	- New 0.3125 decoupler
	- New Craft Files
	- Reduced sound engine when they "activate"
	- Reduced Probes Com Range & set to internal
	- Review of CubeSat Mass

I need to said a big Thanks to @cineboxandrew wich have offer to me the UHF and X-Band Antenna of Marco A&B Cubesat for this Luciole Mod. Those hight detailed model are awesome, please send all your love to him.

This update add more "lego part" at this scale for more interesting payload, please enjoy, show what you build with those, and of course let me know any little thing that need to be fixed.

Github / Spacedock

52 minutes ago, Well said:

I actually work on a launch pad for Luciole, not sure what i'm doing tbh. but will see.

screen_5120x2880_2020-07-28_18-51-46.jpg

screen_5120x2880_2020-07-28_18-53-14.jpg

Are you planning to make it a Kerbal Konstructs launchpad in the KSC or somewhere else? Or any other option?

Also i think it looks quite nice.

5 hours ago, Well said:

I actually work on a launch pad for Luciole, not sure what i'm doing tbh. but will see.

screen_5120x2880_2020-07-28_18-51-46.jpg

screen_5120x2880_2020-07-28_18-53-14.jpg

I've been really enjoying the modular launchpads mod as I find that helps the "immersion", so having one especially designed for Luciole would be really great.

16 hours ago, BallistX said:

Are you planning to make it a Kerbal Konstructs launchpad in the KSC or somewhere else? Or any other option?

Also i think it looks quite nice.

Thanks,

and no that actually just a sort of Launch Clamp.. A giant launch Clamp.

This are going to have a specific folder, so if people don't like it you could just delete the folder.

1 hour ago, Well said:

Thanks,

and no that actually just a sort of Launch Clamp.. A giant launch Clamp.

This are going to have a specific folder, so if people don't like it you could just delete the folder.

Oh, basically a launchclamp-like part, that could work as well.

16 minutes ago, SpaceGreer said:

This looks immense - can't wait. Also, looking forward to trying out 1.3!

It looks immense but the rocket is really small

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.