[1.12.3] Luciole 1.9

Well

14 hours ago, CDSlice said:

That said, even in JNSQ scale Luciole is extremely overpowered and wrecks the balance of the game by giving you much more powerful parts earlier and smaller than the 1.25m parts. As such although the parts are really amazing since I haven't had the time to figure out the best way to nerf them to give reasonable performance in JNSQ I've had to take them out of my game.

Well, I've never played JNSQ, but if you say Luciole doesn't even have a realistic performance in 2.5 times stock scale, then I'm not surprised it's massively overpowered for stock.

14 hours ago, CDSlice said:

Other than trying to recreate a specific mission there would be no other reason to use the massively weaker BDB parts instead of stock parts at the same size.

Well, the reason why you would download something like BDB is to recreate specific missions, isn't it? But I get your point, and it really makes more sense to design a mod for recreating real-life launch vehicles to be comparable with stock parts (and have somewhat the performance of their real-life counterparts) in 2.5x rescale instead of giving them realistic performance for stock scale and making the parts themselves incomparable to stock parts. I got it, I guess. 

But this means, since most real-life-recreation mods went this way, they're more or less limited to advanced players. Welp.

6 hours ago, Neebel said:

Well, the reason why you would download something like BDB is to recreate specific missions, isn't it? But I get your point, and it really makes more sense to design a mod for recreating real-life launch vehicles to be comparable with stock parts (and have somewhat the performance of their real-life counterparts) in 2.5x rescale instead of giving them realistic performance for stock scale and making the parts themselves incomparable to stock parts. I got it, I guess. 

But this means, since most real-life-recreation mods went this way, they're more or less limited to advanced players. Welp.

Well there are also lots of people that like to use parts from BDB/Tanteres/Knes to kitbash their own rockets and aren't really interested in only flying recreation missions. Making the parts balanced against stock parts means that people that want to kittbash with the parts can do that as well as allow the people who want to do recreations to do those, they just need a 2.5x rescale mod. If you are just recreating the rockets you won't really need to be an advanced player to use BDB in 2.5x scale since your recreations will have the performance you need to do the missions you want. Also, as someone who has played in JNSQ scale it isn't really that "advanced". it is a bit harder since you need more dV to get places and therefore need larger rockets with more fuel but everything you've learned in stock about orbital mechanics still works. It mostly just ends up being that your rockets look more realistic since you can't have absurd payload mass fractions and for larger crafts you will probably need to launch them in pieces and dock them together in orbit instead of making crazy single launch crafts.

7 hours ago, Neebel said:

Well, I've never played JNSQ, but if you say Luciole doesn't even have a realistic performance in 2.5 times stock scale, then I'm not surprised it's massively overpowered for stock.

As said before: stock parts are overpowered too. Build a little rocket and you can launch tons of payloads to the Mun or everywhere. Mod-Parts are mostly align to this performance. So if you make mods stock-compatible you should first make stock-parts-stock-compatible themself.

@Cheesecake No. Just as Aerospacer said yesterday: 

23 hours ago, Aerospacer said:

Stock-parts, in principle, can not to be overpowered for stock. They are the stock as it is. They form an overall balance of characteristics, which the developers control, and if some property of a part falls out of the characteristics, it is compensated for by another property. This is how the general technical level of all parts of the KSP is formed and allows them to be harmoniously used in one game, complementing (but not replacing) each other.

Also, I'll end the discussion now. I've said everything necessary, if you still believe stock parts are "overpowered for stock", it's not my problem.

Thanks to everyone else for the conversation, I'm going to play with JNSQ in the not too distant future  :D

Edited by Neebel

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you so much Well! I've used your mods for more than a year now, and can't play without it. I generally do a KNES/Tantares/BDB friendly competition playthrough and it's always so much fun! I confess I hadn't heard about your other mods until I finally saw your sig (sorry!) ...and I honestly love this mod as well. I use the cubesats as tracker SAS modules for KNES craft and make use of other parts for custom designs. Thanks for all your work Well!

On 8/10/2021 at 12:35 AM, shinden1974 said:

Thank you so much Well! I've used your mods for more than a year now, and can't play without it. I generally do a KNES/Tantares/BDB friendly competition playthrough and it's always so much fun! I confess I hadn't heard about your other mods until I finally saw your sig (sorry!) ...and I honestly love this mod as well. I use the cubesats as tracker SAS modules for KNES craft and make use of other parts for custom designs. Thanks for all your work Well!

On 8/9/2021 at 4:18 AM, aviin said:

Loving this mod.  Don't know how I have played for so many years without ever installing any of your mods, but this playthrough is practically the Well Space Program.  Lol

This is really nice to read! Many thanks!

------------------------------------------------

playing with KSP 1.12.2 i've noticed some animation are played in the vab and some antenna are showed deployed, also during the launch. Something have changed with 1.12.2, i need to investigate that, sorry for the inconvenience guys. I see what i could add to the mod with those new fix needed.

I work on it

I think i've fixed the animation issue of those Antenna, fix will be released in the next update ( probably soon )

I see what i could add for the mod, i've just added a tiny fuel tank without fuel line to adjust the launch config really helpfull, and a cargo storage

screen_2560x1440_2021-08-12_08-16-34.png

github dev repo is already up to date

Luciole 1.8 is online Github

Luciole 1.8 [2021-08-12]
------------------------

- New UpperStage 0.625 nano
	- New Cargo Module 0.625
	- Fix MarCO_UHF Antenna animation
	- Fix MarCO_XBand Antenna animation
	- Fix Nano_Antenna animation

• 4 months later...

This appears to be a tick underpowered for real scale, real fuel launches - even with GravityTurnContinued attempting to optimise the launch I can't quite get a (payload-less, otherwise stock) Heavy to orbit.

I do, however, know a bit of part config-fu, are there any adjustments you would recommend?

Edited by Angstinator

• 3 months later...
On 10/4/2020 at 6:31 PM, Gordon Dry said:

https://github.com/Kerbalism/Kerbalism/pull/677

This is a support config for Luciole.

The pull request is targeted to Kerbalism 4.x dev but still got the "old" Kerbalism 3.x release syntax.

This means this config actually works correctly on Kerbalism 3.x

The direct link to the file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Gordon-Dry/Kerbalism/add-support-for-Luciole/GameData/KerbalismConfig/Support/Luciole.cfg

The end of the url tells you where it has to be placed.

@Well Examples:
(the availability of certain setups depends the unlocked tech tree, based on CTT)

Reveal hidden contents

The "Student Experiment":EYJanDS.jpg

The "KSC Experiment" is the test bed and prototype of the following "Custom Experiment":dBByCDw.jpg

The "Custom Experiment" still needs to be unlocked:DeUWMHw.jpg

The 0.625m fairing:ETh5WmM.jpg

The 0.7m fairing, surprise, what will it be when the tech tree nodes are unlocked?u5t2bsF.jpg

The avionics, also surprise:nDVkqN4.jpg

And the kick stage:vvwkwK0.jpg

Hey @Gordon Dry,

your links don't seem to work anymore...

Can you or somebody else please share the Kerbalism configs for this great beautiful mod?

Edited by N3N

• 2 months later...

Luciole 1.9 is online https://github.com/AstroWell/Luciole/releases/tag/v1.9

Luciole 1.9 [2022-07-23]
------------------------

- Updated Craft Files
    - Add Localization config
    - Add French Language
    - New small 0.625m Booster
    - New medium 0.625m Booster
    - New long 0.625m Booster    

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.