Blinding Light Levels (Get your sunglasses!) [Kopernicus 1.10.x+]

RJVB09

1 minute ago, etoanrish said:

I've tried three different mods which install external solar systems using 1.8.0 and 1.81. In all of those cases the Loading Screen shows the files being loaded - but when KSP is started even in Sandbox mode, the standard KSP system is the only thing showing. Zooming all the way out shows no other star systems.  Going into the Tracking Station doesn't show them.  Creating a ship to be launched and using alt-F12 to instantly move the ship - no external star systems.
Wondering if anyone has an idea what might be going on.   Anyone else have this problem and has solved it?  What might I be missing. These are all using basic installs, no other mods at all.  Have the latest version, I think, of Kopernicus 

Thanks so much in advance.  I do have a KSP.LOG file which I can share if needed on Dropbox.  It shows a lot of timeout errors.

Weird, I've never heard of this. Can you send the dropbox link?

Continued. .  See previous message about difficulty getting external star systems to load.

The previous message mentioning ModularFlightIntegrator was for another external star system mod. Please excuse for any confusion there.

This is what I have under GameData for Blinding Light:

For Blinding Light I have B2L with 6 subfolders.

B2LWormholes with 3 subfolders and a file, SingularityConfig . cfg

CTTP with subfolder Textures and a file CommunityTerrainTexturePack . version

ImprovedSystem with 4 subfolders

KopernicusExpansion with Plungins and Shaders subfolders and a file License.txt

And the Squad folder.

5 hours ago, etoanrish said:

I've tried three different mods which install external solar systems using 1.8.0 and 1.81. In all of those cases the Loading Screen shows the files being loaded - but when KSP is started even in Sandbox mode, the standard KSP system is the only thing showing. Zooming all the way out shows no other star systems.  Going into the Tracking Station doesn't show them.  Creating a ship to be launched and using alt-F12 to instantly move the ship - no external star systems.
Wondering if anyone has an idea what might be going on.   Anyone else have this problem and has solved it?  What might I be missing. These are all using basic installs, no other mods at all.  Have the latest version, I think, of Kopernicus Expansion. January 3,  2020 

20-02-04 Modular Flight Integrator

Thanks so much in advance.  I do have a KSP.LOG file which I can share if needed on Dropbox.  It shows a lot of timeout errors.

I have that problem too

10 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Hey @RJVB09! I might have a (self-perceived) reputation as being a slightly annoying advocate for the Interstellar Consortium mod. I can provide compatibility patches if you'd like for all your Light Levels mods.

Thanks!

Compatibility patches are welcome! (got some irl stuff so it be nice if someone else does it :p)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/15/2020 at 6:09 PM, Athur Dent said:

This mod seems to limit the Sun's SOI, without reparenting it.

What happens when you leave it? Are you literally not orbiting anything, and are you sure this is a good idea concerning the internal game mechanics?

Thanks for this interesting mod

When you exit the suns SOI you are technically still in the influence of it, it just tells that you are out of the "SOI"

• 4 weeks later...

Hey man, your mods are super cool ! I have all three of your planet packs and i love them but i have a problem with all of them, the sunflares are in different places than the stars. Let me explain:

For example with the red giant: The star itself is where it should be but the point from which the light and the sunflares are coming are in a point away from the star.

The only planet packs / graphic mods i have are:

Eve
Scatterer
Astronomers's visual pack

Low light levels blue
Low light levels red
Blinding light levels
Outer planets mod
Minor planets expansion

Everything works perfectly fine with all of them, the only thing are the offset sunflares.

1 minute ago, Kikin8034 said:

Hey man, your mods are super cool ! I have all three of your planet packs and i love them but i have a problem with all of them, the sunflares are in different places than the stars. Let me explain:

For example with the red giant: The star itself is where it should be but the point from which the light and the sunflares are coming are in a point away from the star.

The only planet packs / graphic mods i have are:

Eve
Scatterer
Astronomers's visual pack

Low light levels blue
Low light levels red
Blinding light levels
Outer planets mod
Minor planets expansion

Everything works perfectly fine with all of them, the only thing are the offset sunflares.

Hi!, The sunflare offset is a well known issue/limitation from scatterer. Its due to the distance from the sun and in the case of 3LR and 3LB the small size of the stars. Fortunately the issue is tracking-station-only so everything should look normal in flight view or map view.

1 hour ago, RJVB09 said:

Hi!, The sunflare offset is a well known issue/limitation from scatterer. Its due to the distance from the sun and in the case of 3LR and 3LB the small size of the stars. Fortunately the issue is tracking-station-only so everything should look normal in flight view or map view.

Oh okay thanks a lot. I put a similiar comment on the other two mods so you can ignore that now thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2020 at 10:58 PM, Minmus Taster said:

Love the mod but it seems that when i put my Kerbal on the surface and start walking my Kerbal will just KEEP walking and all control of the Kerbal is lost.

Did you hyperedit?

On 10/9/2020 at 10:01 PM, Minmus Taster said:

No.

Hmm, I've had this issue before with my indev planet pack and it got miraculously fixed by switching to KSP 1.9.1
(thus some of those glitches are also unknown to me)

Edited by RJVB09

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@RJVB09 So, I have to admit, I havent tried many planet/system packs, so consider me ignorant :P , reading thru the OP here a few times, and I still am not clear on if ALL your Light Levels can be used *together*?
I did skim thru the thread, and finally saw a post by @Kikin8034 a few posts up, where they listed their installed mods, and I see all your LL mods are there, so I *assume* they *can* be used together. Mebbe add that clarification to the OP, for the newly curious, and un-initiated in how planet/system pacs work? vOv
Anyway, THANX for such awesome looking pacs. Even though I havent tried them (old hardware, and not enough time), I live vicariously thru everyone's posted screenies, and loo forward to the day I can finally try a lot of the great planet/system packs out there, which I consider ALL of your stuff to classified as.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm on 1.10.1 and the wormholes aren't working, I drop my Periapsis to 1-2km and my ship starts shaking but I don't get teleported...

I also tried lowering both my apoapsis and periapsis to the correct altitude and the ship just shakes indefinitely

Is this a known issue or is it just me?

Edited by NickTTD
indefinitely.

22 hours ago, NickTTD said:

Hey, I'm on 1.10.1 and the wormholes aren't working, I drop my Periapsis to 1-2km and my ship starts shaking but I don't get teleported...

I also tried lowering both my apoapsis and periapsis to the correct altitude and the ship just shakes indefinitely

Is this a known issue or is it just me?

Did you pass periapsis too?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.