Blinding Light Levels (Get your sunglasses!) [Kopernicus 1.10.x+]

RJVB09

V5I3aBj.png

What is this?

The final part of my Light Levels (LL/2L) series
It adds in two stars with a handful of planets and moons ready to be explored

I also added wormholes for the people who don't want to use interstellar drives :)
^ you can also remove them easily if you don't want to play with them

Bodies:

• Rigos: A hot and bright A type star, its twice the size of Kerbol and has a decently sized system.
  • Ben: The innermost planet of Rigos, no REALLY innermost. It orbits so close that its shape got distorted.
  • Teros: A really hot and bright Eve like planet, its atmosphere is so thick that almost all engines don't work. (Tip, use propellors)
  • Gert: The only moon of Teros. Its surface has a nice cratered brown color.
  • Termina: A type II gas giant with water clouds, making the planet very white and bright.
  • Erto: Erto is a small cratered minmus sized rock with a grey color.
  • Tempora: Probably the best place for an interstellar colony. It's very similar to Kerbin, but a bit more dry with vast deserts.
  • Gosa: A mega Kerbin disguised as a gas giant. Probably the most Aqua colored planet ever to be found.
  • Lilk: A cracked Icy inner moon of Gosa.
  • Mago: Cold, covered with craters, a thin atmosphere and some interesting cryovolcanoes.
  • Pjotter: The outermost planet of the Rigos system. Visit him now to make him less lonely!
  • Rouger: A gigantic star, If it were placed in the Kerbolar system, it would just fit in the orbit of Jool!
  • Col: A hot selena getting roasted by this ginormous star.
  • Ufer: Very similar to Tylo, but a tad bit bigger.
  • Qualia: A boiling wet moon of Ufer covered in endless oceans.
  • Spol: The perfect place to insta freeze your ice creams in the nitrogen lakes.
  • Rol: It has had a recent asteroid bombardment covering it in craters.
  • Wol: A weird icy moon between the size of Minmus and the Mun and a bit bigger than its counterpart of Rol

The series

-B2L - you are looking at it right now

-3LR - The other part of this series which adds 2 brown dwarfs.

-3LB - A pack with a binary white dwarf and magnetar neutron star, and a whole lot of planets to explore

Kottabos Review

Spoiler

Download

Github: https://github.com/RJVB09/Blinding-Light-Levels/releases

(secondary) Spacedock: https://spacedock.info/mod/2395/Blinding Light Levels

Dependencies

Kopernicus:

(optional) Kopernicus Expansion (Wormholes): (Already combined with download)

(optional) EVE: https://github.com/WazWaz/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases

(optional) scatterer: https://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer

Screenshots

Imgur Album: https://imgur.com/a/uhveiKZ

Contact

For development updates join my discord server! :)
https://discord.gg/gHGupT8

Please report bugs here: https://github.com/RJVB09/Blinding-Light-Levels/issues

License

CYRJjIC.png

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Edited by RJVB09
Works in 1.10.x and above

Personally, i would describe Teros as Eve-like, not Venusian, because Kerbals don't know of Venus, I would also not include Earth in Gosa's description, because same reason

Edited by BallistX

3 minutes ago, ssd21345 said:

side note, Low blue thread is dev thread, which doesn't have download link, you may want to link to release thread instead

oops, forgot to replace that :p

1 hour ago, BallistX said:

Personally, i would describe Teros as Eve-like, not Venusian, because Kerbals don't know of Venus, I would also not include Earth in Gosa's description, because same reason

Good idea :)

[potentially dumb questions ahead]

If anyone has a quick sec to say a little about how to get to other star systems, that would be much appreciated. I see mention of interstellar drives and wormholes, how do these work?

For the engines, are you literally executing a maneuver that exits the stock system and then time warping? And for wormholes, I'm guessing these are locations in the stock system where a rendezvous within some tolerance results in getting transported to the other system? I hope I'm not asking anything spoiler-y! Just trying to understand what it would be like to use these, where you build/launch from, how you get there, etc. (I'm assuming they show up in the cheat to orbit list, and hopefully KRASH too?)

Also, can these be used with JNSQ?

10 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

[potentially dumb questions ahead]

If anyone has a quick sec to say a little about how to get to other star systems, that would be much appreciated. I see mention of interstellar drives and wormholes, how do these work?

For the engines, are you literally executing a maneuver that exits the stock system and then time warping? And for wormholes, I'm guessing these are locations in the stock system where a rendezvous within some tolerance results in getting transported to the other system? I hope I'm not asking anything spoiler-y! Just trying to understand what it would be like to use these, where you build/launch from, how you get there, etc. (I'm assuming they show up in the cheat to orbit list, and hopefully KRASH too?)

Also, can these be used with JNSQ?

@OrbitalManeuvers
Wormholes (This is the easiest option in my opinion):

The wormhole to his system is located between Jool and Sarnus (If OPM installed). To make use of the wormhole, make an encounter or go into orbit of it (Per above 3000m). And when you are ready to warp, lower your periapsis between 1000m and 2000m (Not below 1000m!!!) and then it should warp you when you've reached your periapsis. (These things are also explained in the description of the wormhole).

Interstellar drives:

I don't know much about it, but there are great mods out there (Like interstellar extended) which provide you with alcubierre drives and other interstellar propulsion. For alcubierre drives: just point to the star from your current position and make sure you have enough fuel for the drive, and then warp

All planets appear automatically on your cheat menu or whatever planet info/ cheat mod.

The mod isn't meant for JNSQ, But if you want to you can scale all values by yourself or make a sigma dimensions config

Edited by RJVB09

15 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

Kongrats on another amazing release also is this Kompatible with after kerbin/beyond home

I'm pretty sure that it's not possible to combine two different Kopernicus planet packs, it stops either of them from loading.

15 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

it is possible to do this as several packs are cross compatible, as long as it does not alter the home system it is fine

Then it is only compatible with After Kerbin, because Beyond Home alters the home system

2 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

Is it not possible to simply remove the wormhole, I don't care about long travel times, I have fast interstellar vessels.

I'm not the creator, there could be a wormhole-less version i don't know about, oh and btw, did you see my entry on the Apollo challenge?

Edited by BallistX
Addition

17 hours ago, eataTREE said:

Gonna launch a rocket to orbit from Gosa sea level. Just as soon as I figure out how to land without exploding.

10/10 these are my new favorite exoplanet packs.

Good luck! and thanks :))

@kspnerd122 It should work perfectly with BH. It ignores the beyond home system and will not be in the way of any bodies.
+ the wormholes are a seperate mod/folder which can be easily removed.
++ Make sure to remove ImprovedSystem and everything related to the stock system, it could cause some issues

Edited by RJVB09

• 1 month later...
On 6/1/2020 at 3:52 PM, KIMCHI said:

I love your planet pack!!!! The one thing I would love to see though in the Red Level is more Eyeball planets.

Nice!, I'm not planning on adding new or drastically change planets though. There will be more in a future pack im working on.

Edited by RJVB09

12 hours ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

What's the science involving Rouger's misshapen profile? It seems like such a supermassive object would be pulled into a sphere by gravity pretty quickly. Is this intentional?

@Clamp-o-Tron

It's intentional, Rouger is a Red supergiant which are heavy hot stars in their last life phase. These stars have a really low density of 7-10 solar masses fitting inside a ball the size of Jupiter's orbit. So you can say it's actually more like a glowing hot cloud than a real star which explains the bumpy shape.

Edited by RJVB09

I've tried three different mods which install external solar systems using 1.8.0 and 1.81. In all of those cases the Loading Screen shows the files being loaded - but when KSP is started even in Sandbox mode, the standard KSP system is the only thing showing. Zooming all the way out shows no other star systems.  Going into the Tracking Station doesn't show them.  Creating a ship to be launched and using alt-F12 to instantly move the ship - no external star systems.
Wondering if anyone has an idea what might be going on.   Anyone else have this problem and has solved it?  What might I be missing. These are all using basic installs, no other mods at all.  Have the latest version, I think, of Kopernicus Expansion. January 3,  2020 

20-02-04 Modular Flight Integrator

Thanks so much in advance.  I do have a KSP.LOG file which I can share if needed on Dropbox.  It shows a lot of timeout errors.

Edited by etoanrish
added more details of versions of Kopernicus and Mod Flight Int.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.