Eve Base keeps Flipping

I have tested numerous times, but when i really do the mission, EVERYTHING FAILS. First, i use a Rhino transfer stage and 4 of my base modules has a bottom 2.5m tank, the first time i try this everything was successful, but when i really do the mission IT FLIPS. So I know that CoL need to be above CoM to be stable during reentry, I tried again but with a nuclear transfer stage, and the bottom tanks are locked. I tried, and the reentry was still the same, but now when i perform insertion, the orbit changes, and again with time warp, that was enough to throw the maneuver nodes off a thousands of Dv. Next, when i reenter (with the bottom tanks full), IT FLIPS, AGAIN. I also did try to see what's wrong with the CoM and CoL in SPH with the 12 inflatable heat shields inflated, and no CoL appears. BUT STILL FLIPS, I've lost all my sanity doing that mission since I was recording. Please Help.

Have you tried putting an inflatable heat shield(s) on the back end of the craft? That usually helps balance it during entry, I have used this trick in both eve return missions I’ve done. Be sure to include sepratrons on both shields so they eject properly and don’t crash back into your base. Also, adding a lot of reaction wheels or RCS could help.

21 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Could we see pictures of your craft? That often helps diagnose problems. 

I don't know how, it only says import from URL

19 hours ago, Jack Joseph Kerman said:

Have you tried putting an inflatable heat shield(s) on the back end of the craft? That usually helps balance it during entry, I have used this trick in both eve return missions I’ve done. Be sure to include sepratrons on both shields so they eject properly and don’t crash back into your base. Also, adding a lot of reaction wheels or RCS could help.

I have 12 heatshields, 6 at front and 6 at back, but when it goes at about 42~38 km it starts to not point retrograde. Also I have 5 large reaction wheels and 2 inline reaction wheels, and about 28 RCS

Edited by Sirius K

Consider that aerobraking can give you 5-10g of deceleration. RCS would need a pretty large fraction of that to compete if the craft is aerodynamically unstable, and RCS TWR is usually an order of magnitude or two less than 1.0. Give it a big 'ol airplane tail instead. Detach the tail once it's safe to open drogue parachutes.

7 hours ago, ExtremeSquared said:

Consider that aerobraking can give you 5-10g of deceleration. RCS would need a pretty large fraction of that to compete if the craft is aerodynamically unstable, and RCS TWR is usually an order of magnitude or two less than 1.0. Give it a big 'ol airplane tail instead. Detach the tail once it's safe to open drogue parachutes.

Does 6 inflatable heat shields works like a airplane tail?

16 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

@Sirius K, you can upload your screenshots to a sharing service such as Imgur and copy the link they provide into your posts here. 

Idk why I posted on imgur and when I put my URL in there the bar shows red

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.