Decoration/Replica Plinths

I've just stumbled across Kurt's 'like a glove' moment again;

Spoiler

There were a lot of calls for a monument to be added to the game in that spot at the time, and it would probably have been worthy had it happened.

It inspired a more general idea in me though, what if there were areas or plinths around KSC that could be used to display craft? A way of customizing your KSC with memories of your best or worst moments.

I'd imagine it could easily use height/width/weight restrictions similar to early career restrictions, and maybe have parts locked in place or the craft converted to a single entity to reduce any performance hit.

Edited by Jimmidii

Sometimes I make cemeteries for dead kerbals by shoving around probe cores with a rover.  I don't know how big of a craft you are wanting to display, but I think it should be possible to construct a display stand in the VAB and then move it to the desired location with a rover.

23 hours ago, RoninFrog said:

but I think it should be possible to construct a display stand in the VAB and then move it to the desired location with a rover.

Since we'll be able to create colonies, I don't see why not just convert any craft into a part that can be placed anywhere in the colony.

Edit: I'm stupid, this isn't the KSP 2 thread. Disregard what I just said.

Edited by Bej Kerman

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.