[KSP 1.8/1.9] Wild Blue Decals

Angelo Kerman

Latest Release (Art assets license: All Rights Reserved)

Source (License: GPLV3)

I found myself wishing that I had an easy way to add decals to my craft to make them look better. I wanted something that would be easy to use, with no config files needed. With Wild Blue Decals, you can decorate your craft too!

wqsd5HF.png

304W9Cz.png

3gxQHpM.png

Zlu52n9.png

3 hours ago, Misguided_Kerbal said:

This is exactly what I needed, thank you so much! Does this happen to have a tweakscale plugin?

(edit): Is this also compatible with 1.7?

It might be compatible with KSP 1.7 but I don't know. There is currently no tweakscale support unless someone wants to make one. But there are other decal mods out there that do, I think. Their system is different.

14 hours ago, Angel-125 said:

It might be compatible with KSP 1.7 but I don't know. There is currently no tweakscale support unless someone wants to make one. But there are other decal mods out there that do, I think. Their system is different.

Hi! I tried this mod out. It is amazing! Only one thing. If I want to add my custom logo, what for format should it be in? And can it read flags outside the mods folder?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2020 at 3:55 AM, VoidCosmos said:

Hi! I tried this mod out. It is amazing! Only one thing. If I want to add my custom logo, what for format should it be in? And can it read flags outside the mods folder?

I think the stock flags are 256x256 px, and the format should be png. I also recommend that your custom logo has a transparent background.

On 4/15/2020 at 8:55 AM, VoidCosmos said:

1 hour ago, Stone Blue said:

Thanx @Angel-125 for another great mod.

Wondering tho, if sizes are customizable, or we locked in to the default ones?

304W9Cz.png

Sizes are limited to the stock 256 x 160 (1.6 : 1 aspect ratio) or 512 x 160 (3.2 : 1 aspect ratio) due to the parts. You can make textures bigger or smaller so long as they follow those two aspect ratios. It's a limitation of the UV mapping required for the parts.

32 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

If you want to bundle this with the In-Flight-Flag-Switcher mod I'm trying to maintain, it would be a good fit.

TBH I had forgotten about the In-Flight-Flag-Switcher. Wild Blue Decals does allow both editor and in-flight flag switching, so if nothing else maybe the plugin will be of use to you :)

• 1 month later...

So after reading the most recent "KSP Loading..." post on Steam for KSP 1.10: Shared Horizons, it seems this mod will be made obsolete due to the addition of new Flag parts that are basically just this mod but slightly more fleshed out and are packaged with the stock game. Good to see this feature (finally) being added, and it'll mean you won't have to maintain this mod anymore! Unfortunately I'm not sure the new parts will have a 'Wide" version for extra long flags but I could probably make do with a few normal-sized flags.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.