Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System [1.9.1] Development by EHI

Eskandare

Kerbal Shuttle Orbiter System

Development Page

Hello everyone, I've now found the time to work on this little gem. KSOS is originally developed by @helldiver and is now under my custodianship. I'm working on fixing many compatibility issues, weight and balance issues, and collider issues. If you have any community configs, PM them to me I'll add you to the credits. Additionally I'm looking for the alternate textures and names for the KSOS so I may incorporate them into the stock texture switching. 

This page acts to keep the community in the loop about the update. Helldiver's original page can be found here.

~Eskandare

PLEASE WATCH THIS SPACE!

Edited by Eskandare

Were you able to get the WIP KSOS Mk3 parts, as well? They looked pretty sweet. Given the scope of the changes you outlined, it seems like you got hold of the source files for the rest of the mod, that's why I'm asking.

16 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

Were you able to get the WIP KSOS Mk3 parts, as well? They looked pretty sweet. Given the scope of the changes you outlined, it seems like you got hold of the source files for the rest of the mod, that's why I'm asking.

I'm afraid not. Only the original KSOS files I'm working with. I have the permission to reverse engineer KSOS for updating.

Well, let me know if you need help updating the displays to MAS. I can even try to do something fancy, if you're in for making a few 2D graphics. :) 

7 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

Well, let me know if you need help updating the displays to MAS. I can even try to do something fancy, if you're in for making a few 2D graphics. :) 

Sure I could always do with help. I've been looking into MAS for the IVA's for Eskandare Aerospace, and Eskandare Exploration Pack. 

I'll see what I can do for your Aerospace pack. It seems to feature a lot of old-timey cockpits, so I could cook up a nice set of MAS-based analog gauges. Cameras are a bit broken in 1.9.1, but none of those will be using them (only KSOS will). :) 

I've been away from KSP for a while, but I'll let you know when I get back to it and make something.

9 hours ago, Dragon01 said:

I'll see what I can do for your Aerospace pack. It seems to feature a lot of old-timey cockpits, so I could cook up a nice set of MAS-based analog gauges. Cameras are a bit broken in 1.9.1, but none of those will be using them (only KSOS will). :) 

I've been away from KSP for a while, but I'll let you know when I get back to it and make something.

I haven't got all the IVA's done yet, only the SR-71 and I plan on reworking that a bit before next release. KSO is all that is needed for now.

Just a little news, I just started cleaning up the landing gear and setting up the suspensions and new wheel colliders. Also, just now made the depth mask for the IVA. Next I'll be giving the Dauntless a new cargo bay collider. I think after I got the depth mask, cargo bay, and landing gear fixed up, I should be able to update everything else via config.

Edited by Eskandare

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2020 at 9:54 AM, Angel-125 said:

Nice to see the old KSOS getting a facelift! She's in good hands.

The only actual full face lift will be the cockpit being switched from Raster Prop Monitor over to ASET by @alexustas, and MAS by @MOARdV

On 4/27/2020 at 1:24 PM, smotheredrun said:

I too am available for testing.

On 5/13/2020 at 6:31 AM, KIMCHI said:

I can test as well!

I'll be doing the initial Alpha test, I'll release the Beta as soon as it is ready.

Its really a shame that the KSOex never got the chance to materialize. It looked like such a nice craft.

Anyway Id like to drop my hat int he ring for testing, if and when it gets to that stage.

Edited by Avalon304

YES! YES! YES! I've hoped for years that someone would remake this (I even thought of doing it myself), but I kinda have 0 modding skill. Thank you so much!

PS: I can do testing as well if you need more testers!

• 1 month later...

@Emilius73  and   @Misguided_Kerbal It can be done, please see here.  (warning, you'll need many mods for this to show up in your VAB).  You'll also need the community patches from here.  You may also need to tinker around a bit to get it to work, but it does.  It's made for 1.3.1, and has the handling of a bucking bronco, but it's fun to fly.  No clue if this version will work correctly in any other version of KSP (I expect not anyways).

You just need to change the placement of some of the gantrys and other "things" but it's possible.

Here is a video I made using this sort of layout:

Spoiler

Edited by smotheredrun

32 minutes ago, smotheredrun said:

@Emilius73  and   @Misguided_Kerbal It can be done, please see here.  (warning, you'll need many mods for this to show up in your VAB).  You'll also need the community patches from here.  You may also need to tinker around a bit to get it to work, but it does.  It's made for 1.3.1, and has the handling of a bucking bronco, but it's fun to fly.  No clue if this version will work correctly in any other version of KSP (I expect not anyways).

While a pad could be made with Tweakscale and the VAB gizmos, I think it would be amazing if custom parts were made in the KSO's artstyle, maybe even using a different tower layout.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.