Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System [1.9.1] Development by EHI

Eskandare

2 hours ago, Emilius73 said:

While a pad could be made with Tweakscale and the VAB gizmos, I think it would be amazing if custom parts were made in the KSO's artstyle, maybe even using a different tower layout.

Hmm never tried to make one with Tweakscale.  I just used different attachment points and lowered the number of tiers in the tower using the context menus for the launch pad parts

On 7/26/2020 at 7:32 PM, Emilius73 said:

It'd also be super cool if @AlphaMensae agreed to make some Modular Launch Pads parts for the KSOS...

I only have a vague recollection of this being mentioned some unknown time ago, and I didn't even know this was still around. :D  As smotheredrun said, the Shuttle Launch Pad parts can be made to work with this with some tinkering. Otherwise, the General Pads parts in MLP also can work for non-STS/Buran-type shuttles.

The current MLP Shuttle pad parts will be revamped in the coming months, I could add additional options for the KSOS.

Oh yeah, as @smotheredrunmentioned, the tower (as all towers are in MLP) is modular, and can be made as short or tall as needed. A different launch base with a rectangular exhaust hole variant can be usaed if the Shuttle Base isn't appropriate.

Edited by AlphaMensae

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 8:37 AM, SovietGamer said:

when this will update?

Someday.  The current maintainer/modder is working on multiple projects.  Due to the changes between KSP 1.2.x and the current version, there is a lot of work to do for all the parts.  And this is quite an extensive suite of parts including ground vehicles and station parts.  The wheels in particular have been broken for some time and require some effort to fix.

Keep checking back though, and when something is ready Eskandare will let us know

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's such a shame that these lovely parts are not usable currently. Is there anything I can do to help with the updating process? I do not have any skills in terms of modelling and only basic knowledge of programming, but I have tinkered with plenty of part configs over the years. I'd like to help out if that can be of any use.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/3/2021 at 5:04 PM, Giancarlo Kerman said:

just give it time, Im sure eskandare is working hard on the update so please be patient

im sure this is very hard to do especially with a mod from at least 4 years ago 

@Eskandare's computer died and had to be rebuilt - and there was an Eskandare sighting this morning in another thread so hopefully there will be news soon, but we should all be patient. This mod in particular is notorious for having long lapses in development by all of the historical maintainers, and has complexities that make it difficult to maintain.

Oh, and Eskandare - welcome back! Glad to hear your computer is operational again!

7 minutes ago, panarchist said:

@Eskandare's computer died and had to be rebuilt - and there was an Eskandare sighting this morning in another thread so hopefully there will be news soon, but we should all be patient. This mod in particular is notorious for having long lapses in development by all of the historical maintainers, and has complexities that make it difficult to maintain.

Oh, and Eskandare - welcome back! Glad to hear your computer is operational again!

Hello all! Yes I had to rebuild my machine. The mother board burned out on me. I did a lot of 3d printing as well. I'm in the process of reinstalling unity and all assets need to begin modding and modeling KSP again. I also took a 3d modeling class. Humorously I already knew 99% of what was taught. As it appears Blender is starting to become an industry standard. Mainly because Z-brush and Autodesk aren't fixing some glaring bugs and blender can do everything in one package. I digress, I am back and modding. My back log and focus is KSR, EA, KSOS, and CVX. Hope to have some updates soon.

On 6/3/2021 at 5:04 PM, Giancarlo Kerman said:

just give it time, Im sure eskandare is working hard on the update so please be patient

im sure this is very hard to do especially with a mod from at least 4 years ago 

It is a bit, since I have full permission to update, I have to work on fixing the models and there are a lot of parts. I hope to add rotating ports as well.

On 6/29/2021 at 1:34 PM, Eskandare said:

Hello all! Yes I had to rebuild my machine. The mother board burned out on me. I did a lot of 3d printing as well. I'm in the process of reinstalling unity and all assets need to begin modding and modeling KSP again. I also took a 3d modeling class. Humorously I already knew 99% of what was taught. As it appears Blender is starting to become an industry standard. Mainly because Z-brush and Autodesk aren't fixing some glaring bugs and blender can do everything in one package. I digress, I am back and modding. My back log and focus is KSR, EA, KSOS, and CVX. Hope to have some updates soon.

It is a bit, since I have full permission to update, I have to work on fixing the models and there are a lot of parts. I hope to add rotating ports as well.

Im sure you can do it! 

:)  take all the time you need to repair/replace what's been damaged and we will all be patient 

6 hours ago, Giancarlo Kerman said:

Im sure you can do it! 

:)  take all the time you need to repair/replace what's been damaged and we will all be patient 

Well, it's not damaged per se, just out of date and needs reworking.

Edited by Eskandare

Which parts of this mod are the broken ones? I've been away from KSP for quite a while and kinda lost track of what changed when.

I know the wheels system changed at some point, so the wheels parts need to be redone. There was also a change to how animations worked, but I think that might have been before the initial release of KSOS? I remember that that was what finally broke BobCat's HOME mods. I still have those lying around on a backup somewhere...

But what about the station parts from this mod? Are they also broken, or is it mostly the vehicles and the shuttles themselves that are non-functional?

19 hours ago, wasmic said:

Which parts of this mod are the broken ones? I've been away from KSP for quite a while and kinda lost track of what changed when.

I know the wheels system changed at some point, so the wheels parts need to be redone. There was also a change to how animations worked, but I think that might have been before the initial release of KSOS? I remember that that was what finally broke BobCat's HOME mods. I still have those lying around on a backup somewhere...

But what about the station parts from this mod? Are they also broken, or is it mostly the vehicles and the shuttles themselves that are non-functional?

Vehicles and shuttles - the station parts are almost completely unbroken. Just don't use the MM patches I contributed for life support - they're very old and before I really understood how to write a Module Manager patch.

The most broken part is the weights / CoG if I remember right. @Eskandare can speak to that a lot better than I - the model files need tweaking to resolve longstanding balance issues. KSOS was released WAY back in something like 0.23 or 0.24 of KSP, and multiple changes to file format and flight mechanics over the years has made the shuttles nearly uncontrollable in large parts of the flight envelope. Eskandare worked with the original mod creators to obtain source files and permission to modify and redistribute, and has done a lot of work in the background towards a re-release. Ground vehicles were, IIRC, completely broken. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 5:28 PM, panarchist said:

Vehicles and shuttles - the station parts are almost completely unbroken. Just don't use the MM patches I contributed for life support - they're very old and before I really understood how to write a Module Manager patch.

The most broken part is the weights / CoG if I remember right. @Eskandare can speak to that a lot better than I - the model files need tweaking to resolve longstanding balance issues. KSOS was released WAY back in something like 0.23 or 0.24 of KSP, and multiple changes to file format and flight mechanics over the years has made the shuttles nearly uncontrollable in large parts of the flight envelope. Eskandare worked with the original mod creators to obtain source files and permission to modify and redistribute, and has done a lot of work in the background towards a re-release. Ground vehicles were, IIRC, completely broken. 

Ah, that sounds about right. I used to be reasonably good at the whole ModuleManager shenanigans, but I took a long break from about 1.0 until... well, a few months ago, so by now it really just gives me a headache to think about it. The functionality also seems to have become more advanced since last I looked, with all those resource switcher mods. Still, I should probably spend a few hours familiarising myself with it, as the payoff seems to be pretty great.

I take it that it's mostly the wheels that are broken for the ground vehicles? IIRC the wheel mechanics were changed a couple of times along the way.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:13 PM, wasmic said:

I take it that it's mostly the wheels that are broken for the ground vehicles? IIRC the wheel mechanics were changed a couple of times along the way.

Yep, exactly - wheels have been broken on those for several versions, IIRC.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2021 at 9:19 PM, FlybeachYon2021 said:

Link for the mod installation (pls dont use site www.)

Dauntless Orbiter mod files:  http://spacedock.info/mod/239/KSOS:%20Dauntless%20Orbiter

Space Station mod files: http://spacedock.info/mod/241/KSOS:%20Space%20Station

Super 25 Orbiter mod files : http://spacedock.info/mod/240/KSOS:%20Super%2025%20Orbiter

Space Center Vehicles mod files: http://spacedock.info/mod/242/KSOS:%20Space%20Center%20Vehicles

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.