Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System [1.9.1] Development by EHI

2 hours ago, Emilius73 said:

While a pad could be made with Tweakscale and the VAB gizmos, I think it would be amazing if custom parts were made in the KSO's artstyle, maybe even using a different tower layout.

Hmm never tried to make one with Tweakscale.  I just used different attachment points and lowered the number of tiers in the tower using the context menus for the launch pad parts

On 7/26/2020 at 7:32 PM, Emilius73 said:

It'd also be super cool if @AlphaMensae agreed to make some Modular Launch Pads parts for the KSOS...

I only have a vague recollection of this being mentioned some unknown time ago, and I didn't even know this was still around. :D  As smotheredrun said, the Shuttle Launch Pad parts can be made to work with this with some tinkering. Otherwise, the General Pads parts in MLP also can work for non-STS/Buran-type shuttles.

The current MLP Shuttle pad parts will be revamped in the coming months, I could add additional options for the KSOS.

Oh yeah, as @smotheredrunmentioned, the tower (as all towers are in MLP) is modular, and can be made as short or tall as needed. A different launch base with a rectangular exhaust hole variant can be usaed if the Shuttle Base isn't appropriate.

Edited by AlphaMensae
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 8:37 AM, SovietGamer said:

when this will update?

Someday.  The current maintainer/modder is working on multiple projects.  Due to the changes between KSP 1.2.x and the current version, there is a lot of work to do for all the parts.  And this is quite an extensive suite of parts including ground vehicles and station parts.  The wheels in particular have been broken for some time and require some effort to fix.

Keep checking back though, and when something is ready Eskandare will let us know

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's such a shame that these lovely parts are not usable currently. Is there anything I can do to help with the updating process? I do not have any skills in terms of modelling and only basic knowledge of programming, but I have tinkered with plenty of part configs over the years. I'd like to help out if that can be of any use.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.