Late Introduction

arthur106

Hey everyone, this is a bit of a late introduction, as I started playing about a month ago.  Anyway, I´m switching over from the dark side, having played Orbiter on and off for many years.

Since starting, I've managed to get set up surface and orbital stations/fuel depots around minmus and mun and I've sent Jeb to Eve's surface and back (that was a PITA).  I've got comm relays set up on every planet and moon all the way from Moho to Duna.  I'll be going there next.

I'm also slowly tinkering with KOS.  I downloaded it two days ago and have a working launch script that follows a pre-computed or recorded launch profile (I'll be using MATLAB to optimize the ascent once i do a little bit more research on how to predict drag).  Is there anywhere in this forum (or elsewhere) where I can post bits of my code and get advice?

Just a small bit of background on myself.  I have a bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering and am an airline pilot by profession.  Somehow, these two qualifications don't stop me from killing poor Jeb on a regular basis!

Ich hätte gedacht, es gab mehre Deutsche hier.  Es gibt viele schon beim Orbiter Forum.  Wo versteckt ihr euch alle?

Edited by arthur106

It was a VERY expensive trip, 3 separate launches, and I may have "cheated" by using alt F12 to set my lander on the surface during the design process.  But I did complete the whole trip from start to finish without cheating...except when i edited the save file to place jeb back in the ascent vehicle; somehow one of the ladders got deleted when I was making iterations to my design in the VAB.  But I didn't want to go all the way back, so can I really be blamed? :p

16 hours ago, arthur106 said:

I'm also slowly tinkering with KOS.  I downloaded it two days ago and have a working launch script that follows a pre-computed or recorded launch profile (I'll be using MATLAB to optimize the ascent once i do a little bit more research on how to predict drag).  Is there anywhere in this forum (or elsewhere) where I can post bits of my code and get advic

okay okay OKEY.

WHY are all the new players/members using kOS, while I have been playing since 0.23 and know how to use “print” and “stage.”

1 hour ago, arthur106 said:

except when i edited the save file to place jeb back in the ascent vehicle; somehow one of the ladders got deleted when I was making iterations to my design in the VAB.  But I didn't want to go all the way back, so can I really be blamed? :p

krakensbane file editing is allowed in my book. Matt Lowne’s? Maybe not.

15 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

I don't know what kind of coding advice you're looking for, but you could ask here.

I assume @arthur106, that you meant a question about a kOS script, which you develop, is that correct? In that case, I have a feeling, that a subforum of the abovementioned one may be more suitable: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/104-general-mod-development-help-and-support/ - there is a sticky post, which mentions scripts as a suitable content.

And herzlich willkommen! (Kein Deutsche, aber ich mag die Sprache. :))

6 hours ago, Kazkar said:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/104-general-mod-development-help-and-support/ - there is a sticky post, which mentions scripts as a suitable content.

And herzlich willkommen! (Kein Deutsche, aber ich mag die Sprache. :))

perfect, thats what I was looking for :)

Neither am I; I grew up with it and spoke quite fluently years ago and am slowly regaining what I've lost.  I'm just surprised by the evident lack of German speakers here.  I recall seeing a fair number of [Ger] posts over there.

On 4/11/2020 at 3:51 AM, arthur106 said:

these two qualifications don't stop me from killing poor Jeb on a regular basis!

LOL, yup I think we all do this on a daily basis, haha!

Welcome to the KSP forum @arthur106. New here myself since the end of last year, but yea so much fun with KSP and this forum. Wow you seem like me! I have always loved rocketry all my life and so cool to see another engineer here

My advice for coding related stuff is a youtube guy called Mike Aben. A math teacher that does KSP and kos. 

The best recommendation I have....Have fun!