... when did you get the game?  

99 members have voted

1. 1.

• 0.8-0.16
    • 0.17-0.19
    • 0.20-0.25
    • 0.90-1.4
    • 1.5-1.9
    • LITERALLY THE FUTURE \ haven’t gotten the game (why :/)
    • KSP2
  2. 2. Demos

20 minutes ago, EchoLima said:

I found KSP around January 2013 and got hooked onto the demo (.13.3). The release of the .18.3 demo convinced me to buy the full game.

Speaking of, is KSP really yet ready to move out of beta:P

Oh man I forgot about all that, especially how they called adding females to the game "Project V"

V was for Valentina, just so we all know.

On 4/17/2020 at 10:18 AM, KerbolExplorer said:

On 1.2.2, started playing on the 26th of December of 2017(and i'm pretty sure that was a tuesday)

I remember playing the demo a few days before and I absolutly loved it and the game was on sale so I bought it.

hey, nice man. 1.2.2.... you are one of the ones that grew up with CommNet.

yeah y3ah, that’s cool

0.18.3 for me March 2013 (ooofff is it really that long ago?)

After being told 'you'd like this' by my kids, and work colleagues talking about it too, my resistance eventually crumpled.  Got the demo, got hooked, and bought it a week or so later.

18 minutes ago, HansonKerman said:

I bought it many versions after, and it feels long. Remember when you needed a mod to get reentry heat and dV calculation was all the rage

I was never really in to modding so never used a 'heat' mod, but eventually just had to get KER so i could actually design and plan bigger missions (manual calculations would have lost it's appeal very quickly for me).  Still only use a few QoL mods, and would much prefer not to feel the need for those.

0.16, i didnt really get obssessed with it until around 0.18 though when they started really shaping the game into what it is today. back when i first started playing i was really into astronomy but not really aerospace engineering/orbital mechanics, ksp changed that for me forever, ksp is my everything. 

Edited by noobsrtoast

08 AUG 2012, version 0.16

It was, Buckaroo Banzai said, exactly like Professor Hikita had glimpsed... through the overthruster he and Dr. Emilio Lizardo put together from spare parts, in a laboratory at Princeton.  Can you imagine what it must have been like then - then - then - then - then - then

2h4eWeF.jpg

igtTkfT.jpg

DcrdCmU.jpg

nuDRtLr.jpg

sAmbn5V.jpg

RtHc4mH.jpg

wVWvchl.jpg

zb8UV8N.png

q9h7iFJ.png

lBiH3C9.png

KL3HFfw.png

hcygACH.png

mjNXOk7.png

• 5 weeks later...

After checking the receipt from Steam, it should have been 1.0.2 (May 3rd 2015). I dowloaded the Demo from Steam a few hours before, I loved it so much I took me almost no time to decide to buy the game.

So, 5 wonderful years with my KSP, I think more than 3K hours spent on it although Steam only counts 1.6K. Joined the forum just one year later, when I started to hear about 'mods' (hey what is that? OMG!) :D Didn't post much until now tho... 

@Pi_, are these screenshots from that time, or do you still have the 0.16 install saved somewhere and you took new screenies? :D 

Cheers!

J

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.