<delete this thread kindly>

zer0Kerbal

Download on SpaceDock or Github or Curseforge.
Also available on
CKAN.

Alternative Resource Panel (ARP)
by TriggerTech

An alternate view of vessel resources plugin for Kerbal Space Program

Adopted by @zer0Kerbal, originally by @TriggerAu

Mod VersionKSP versionKSP-AVCLicense MITMIT-17x17.png

SpaceDockCKANGitHubCurseforge

CodeValidate AVC .version files

Do not bother @TriggerAu with anything concerning this.

Documentation / Manual

Documentation Manual

Preamble by @TriggerAu:

About

Basically the Alternate Resource panel displays a view of resources in the current vessel with a bit more clarity. It also lets you see the remaining value in the currently active stage for fuels as you fly - which is useful for asparagus staging.

It also has some Staging capabilities added so you can stage from map view and also have autostaging on ascent (tied it in because of the resources/last stage tie in)

The KSP Alternate Resource Panel is a plugin to the Kerbal Space program game and was created to provide me an alternate view of the resources list and also add some staging functionality to the map view.

Basically installing this gives you an extra button labelled "Alternate" next to the Resources button in the top right corner. When you hover over it it will keep the panel displayed while the mouse is over any part of the panel, or if you click it it will be toggled on.

It displays a list of all the resources that are present on your vessel with a bar graph of the amount on vessel and the amount remaining. It also has the following additional capabilities:

AlternateResourcePanel

• Displays stage amount/usage - so you can see how much fuel is left in your current stage, esp in an asparagus configuration - Now configure which side the stage is displayed on (*New in 2.4.1.0)
  • Adjust the order and Grouping of the Resources so they display how you like - some can even be set to only show up when a threshold is passed - Now with Drag And Drop and Separator Inserts (*New in 2.3.0.0)
  • Optionally displays the change rate (or instant consumption) values
  • Optionally displays time till empty/full (*New in 2.2.0.0)
  • Optionally hide a resource on empty (New in 2.1.0.0) or on Full (New in 2.2.0.0)
  • Select Resources to see part windows and look at individual components
  • Transfer Resources between parts - like the standard part windows (*New in 2.1.0.0)
  • Add Alarms to get visual and Audio queues for what needs attention - even add your own sounds
  • Maintains settings and visibility between vessel switches/restarts
  • KAC style update checker added
  • Movable and lockable panel
  • Option of the KSP or Unity styles
  • Ability to add icons by simply placing files in the right folder
  • Ability for Modders to provide icons with their mod and have them display in KSPARP
  • Ability to configure the order of preference for icon sets
  • Ability to configure resources to hide on full/empty as well as cater to disabled flows for full vessel resources
  • Ability to configure non-staging resources to show Active/Reserve values using the green/blue bars (*New in 2.2.2.0)
  • Optional Staging facility with Ability to Activate Stages in Map View, and
  • Ability to use Space Bar in Map view to activate stages - like in standard flight mode
  • Autostaging Controller to activate stages on engine flameout (*New in 2.1.0.0)
  • Now contains icons for resources from: Kethane, Deadly Reentry, Extra Planetary Launchpads, KSP Interstellar, Life Support By Bobcat, RealFues, Near Future, TAC Life Support
  • API for information reading and alarm acknowledgement (*New in 2.1.0.0)

Currently is Feature Complete

Here's some vision of the ARP in use - updated for 2.1

Spoiler

Hopefully @TriggerAu has built this simple enough that the pic below explains all you need... OK, we've moved past that point :) . The below will give you an eyeball at the main screen, but you will find the details on rest of the settings on the Documentation site linked below AlternateResourcePanel

Player Created Icon Sets

Network Connectivity Details

This Mod contains a version checker which can be managed and triggered from the About tab of the settings. It is configured to check once a day by default, and this check also can be disabled. The technical details of it are as follows:

Installation Directions:

• Use CKAN
    sj507JC.png

Changelog Summary

• See ChangeLog for full details of mod changes

Known Issues

• See Known Issues for full details of feature requests, and known issues

Dependencies

Recommends

Suggests

By zer0Kerbal
- [x] On Demand Fuel Cells {ODFC)}
- [x] Field Training Facility (FTF)
- [x] Field Training Lab (FTL)
- [x] Docking Port Descriptions(DPD)
- [x] PicoPort Shielded (PPS)
- [x] Transparent Command Pods Repressurized(TCP)
- [x] Stork Delivery System (SDS)
- [x] Biomatic
- [x] B9 Stock Switches (B9S)
- [x] KerGuise Engineering eXperimental (KGX)
- [x] Oh Scrap!
- [x] ScrapYard
- [x] DaMichel's AeroRadial
- [x] DaMichel's CargoBays
- [x] DaMichel's Fuselage
- [x] DaMichel's Spherical Tanks
- [x] Stork Delivery System (SDS)
- [x] SimpleConstructon!
- [x] Not So SimpleConstructon!
- [x] Stack Inline Lights
- [x] Stack Inline Light Patches
- [x] KaboOom!
- [x] More Hitchhikers
Under construction
- [x] SimpleLife!
- [x] SimpleDeadly!
- [x] MoarKerbals!
- [x] Nuke Tiny Parts
Other wonderful mods
- [x] TweakScale
- [x] Module Manager
- [x] Community Resource Pack

Supported Mods

Conflicts

• [x] none known

Replaces

Tags

• resource, skin, mod, ksp, plugin, mit, addon

Downloads

You can download the icons pack by clicking on one of the links:
RE4Ppr9.png m0a7tn2.png Download-On-Curse.png

red box below is a link to forum post on how to get support
How to get support

License

aka Legal Mumbo Jumbo

Source: GitHub
License: License MITMIT-17x17.png

All bundled mods are distributed under their own licenses
All art assets (textures, models, animations) are distributed under their own licenses

Original

Author: @TriggerAu
Thread
Download
Source: GitHub
License: License MITMIT-17x17.png

Be Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

v2.9.5.0 original: 01 Oct 2019 zed'K | updated: 16 Mar 2020 zed'K
Edited by zer0Kerbal

Reserved for changelog / archive:

Mod Version KSP version

KSP-AVC License MIT 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e6363

Code Validate AVC .version files

Version 2.9.5.1 - Where Art Thou

• provide patch for Community Resource Pack to adjust location of icons

#DELETE EXISTING BEFORE INSTALLING

See Full Changelog for full details of changes
See Known Issues for known issues

How to get support

Kerbal Space Program 1.8.1
Unity 2019.2.2f1
.NET Framework 4.8

@zer0Kerbal zer0Kerbal released this 12 Apr 2020

Spoiler

Mod Version KSP version

KSP-AVCLicense MIT MIT-17x17.png

CodeValidate AVC .version files

DELETE EXISTING BEFORE INSTALLING

>>-- adopted for curation by @zer0Kerbal --<<

• zer0Kerbal played with one of his mods
  • Recompile for KSP 1.8.1
  • .NET 4.8

[WRN] Texture resolution is not valid for compression: '\Icons___.png' - consider changing the image's width and height to enable compression

• corrected: Polytetrafluoroethylene.png (28x13) (32x16)
  • corrected: TEATEB.png(32x13) to (32x16)

add ClickThroughBlocker code and dependency

• add
  • GUILayout.Window -> ClickThruBlocker.GUILayoutWindow
  • add <[assembly: KSPAssemblyDependency("ClickThroughBlocker", 1, 0)]>

update code

• (Event.current.type== EventType.repaint) -> (Event.current.type== EventType.Repaint)
  • EventType.mouseDown -> EventType.MouseDown
  • EventType.mouseup -> EventType.MouseUp
  • UnityEngine.Random.seed = (int)(DateTime.Now - DateTime.Now.Date).TotalSeconds; -> UnityEngine.Random.InitState((int)(DateTime.Now - DateTime.Now.Date).TotalSeconds);
  • add Version.tt and AssemblyVersion.tt
  • Internal code rewrite to improve maintainability

update .csproj

• change direct folder declaration to $(DevDir181)
  • update TargetFrameworkVersion v3.5 to 4.8
  • general local normalization and linting

change Files and Folder Structure

• Add AVC-VersionFileValidator.yml by @DasSkelett
  • modernize folder structure
  • update .version file
  • modernize Changelog.cfg to support Kerbal Changelog
  • import and convert existing Changelog
  • Add license field
  • Add author node
  • Add version naming field
  • modernize Readme.md
  • added shields to Readme.md
  • add ksp.json and mod.json
  • added additional fields in .version (might need to tweak urls)
  • automated deploy/release process

• GitHub Repo
  • created Forum Thread
  • updated SpaceDock
  • updated CKAN/NetKAN

organize for adoption

• folder structure
  • added license(s) file(s)
  • added .version file
  • Readme
  • automated backend
  • jsons
  • Changelog.md -> Kerbal Changelog Changelog.cfg
  • updated Readme.md
  • moved changelog into separate file

How to get support

Unity 2019.2.2f1
.NET Framework 4.8

Edited by zer0Kerbal

ARP really should be stock, but it isn't, so a big thank you for keeping it alive!

59 minutes ago, zer0Kerbal said:

It is configured to check once a day by default, and this check also can be disabled

This is my only gripe with Trigger's otherwise awesome mods. I'd much prefer this to be disabled by default, and only optionally check after the user has decided to allow it. I think the GDPR would agree. Any chance you could alter this behaviour to be more privacy conscious?

I know "issuing an HTTP GET - and sending no data"  sounds inconspicuous, but I don't particularly like giving Google yet another data point of tracking my IP every day.

Edited by Corax

9 hours ago, Corax said:

This is my only gripe with Trigger's otherwise awesome mods. I'd much prefer this to be disabled by default, and only optionally check after the user has decided to allow it. I think the GDPR would agree. Any chance you could alter this behaviour to be more privacy conscious?

I am intending to either make it optional, or remove it all together and let CKAN / AVC do the heavy lifting.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

Just now, zer0Kerbal said:

I am intending to either make it optional, or remove it all together and let CKAN / avc do the heavy lifting.

Awesome. This is how it should have been done from the beginning.

To this day I'm still wondering how Squad/TT/Unity3D can get away with their borked "opt out" policy.

Just now, Corax said:

Awesome. This is how it should have been done from the beginning.

To this day I'm still wondering how Squad/TT/Unity3D can get away with their borked "opt out" policy.

in the beginning - there wasn't any good way for a mod to stay current. I can see why. Just things have gotten so much better (CKAN) (AVC) since. - but last update was for 1.4.x -

This is one of my more complex code mods , and it will take time to go through it - even as well written as it is.

1 minute ago, zer0Kerbal said:

in the beginning - there wasn't any good way for a mod to stay current. I can see why. Just things have gotten so much better (CKAN) (AVC) since. - but last update was for 1.4.x -

I was there, trust me. And even before the existence of the awesome CKAN and the dreaded AVC I have somehow managed to stay on top of keeping the (not insignificant number of) mods I use up-to-date.

This is one of my more complex code mods , and it will take time to go through it - even as well written as it is.

No doubt about that, and it is much appreciated. It really is.

41 minutes ago, Corax said:

I was there, trust me. And even before the existence of the awesome CKAN and the dreaded AVC I have somehow managed to stay on top of keeping the (not insignificant number of) mods I use up-to-date

as was I - but for large swaths of time - I had limited internet - except sat.

42 minutes ago, Corax said:

No doubt about that, and it is much appreciated. It really is.

kindly take it for a drive, see if it throws any [ERR [WRN [EXC - I didn't see any but my testing wasn't as thorough as I'd would have liked it to have been. Besides, most like causes of error would have been during OnStart, OnLoad, or OnAwake. Mostly I depended upon having a quiet pre-release, and since I didn't see anything, or hear anything...

but don't try it on 1.7.3 - that will not generally work.

If things go well, I will release for 1.9.1 in a week or so. probably just after 1.10.0 hits. :o:P:D:cool:

6 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

don't try it on 1.7.3 - that will not generally work.

If things go well, I will release for 1.9.1

Do you expect your current version 2.9.5.0 to work in 1.9?

It may be a while before I get to test it (and if so, on 1.9), but no amount of testing is going to make much sense if there are already known issues.

2 hours ago, Corax said:

Do you expect your current version 2.9.5.0 to work in 1.9?

It may be a while before I get to test it (and if so, on 1.9), but no amount of testing is going to make much sense if there are already known issues.

I do expect it to work in 1.9.1 since nothing much (at least relating to this mod) from 1.8. to 1.9.1 unlike from 1.7 to 1.8 with the change from .NET 3.5 -> 4.* and Unity 2017 -> 2019.

so far, no known issues. :D I have been scrubbing through the logs looking - and only found (and fixed) several texture compression issues. :D

Hmmm...13 hours after this released and I still don't see it on CKAN.  I can wait but thanks very much for undertaking this.

Your CKAN link in the OP take you to a deprecated topic thread https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/90246-the-comprehensive-kerbal-archive-network-ckan-package-manager-v1180-19-june-2016/&tab=comments instead of the new one https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/154922-ckan-the-comprehensive-kerbal-archive-network-v1270-bussard/

You might want to update it.

Edited by Brigadier
Ok...there is only one link that I can find.

2 hours ago, Rodger said:

Did you manage to fix the duplicate entries for resources bug? The one where you couldn’t reorder the resources at the top of the list?

well I manually erased the old duplicates and took the new ones, unsure if that will bork any updated version.

3 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

I do expect it to work in 1.9.1 since nothing much (at least relating to this mod) from 1.8. to 1.9.1 unlike from 1.7 to 1.8 with the change from .NET 3.5 -> 4.* and Unity 2017 -> 2019.

so far, no known issues. :D I have been scrubbing through the logs looking - and only found (and fixed) several texture compression issues. :D

well it does work properly so far, one thing I still notice: If the ARP is bound to stock resources button then the GUI is visible if it were visible on last scene. I guess it should just hide if bound to KSP resource button and on scene load.

Edited by LatiMacciato

5 hours ago, Rodger said:

Did you manage to fix the duplicate entries for resources bug? The one where you couldn’t reorder the resources at the top of the list?

didn't see this listing in TriggerAu's repo's issue list. ? Kindly elaborate.

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

Hmmm...13 hours after this released and I still don't see it on CKAN.  I can wait but thanks very much for undertaking this

it got stuck - happens sometimes when adopting a mod in this manner. should be clearing up. @HebaruSan ?

5 hours ago, Brigadier said:

CKAN link in the OP t

thank you. is corrected here, spacedock, github, curseforge. must have come over from this mod's

3 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

well it does work properly so far, one thing I still notice: If the ARP is bound to stock resources button then the GUI is visible if it were visible on last scene. I guess it should just hide if bound to KSP resource button and on scene load.

good.

I see that in the known issues list of the original repo. Kindly raise it as an issue on the new repo.

Mod Version KSP version

KSP-AVC License MIT 68747470733a2f2f692e706f7374696d672e6363

Code Validate AVC .version files

Version 2.9.5.1 - Where Art Thou

• provide patch for Community Resource Pack to adjust location of icons

#DELETE EXISTING BEFORE INSTALLING

How to get support

2032b.pngBe Kind: Lithobrake, not jakebrake! Keep your Module Manager up to date

Unity 2019.2.2f1
.NET Framework 4.8