Any way to interview ‎Jamie Leighton or David Tregoning?

Scorpio102

Good Afternoon to the community of KSP,

I have been apart of the community since .19 and have loved this project. It was inspiring to me as I grew up with this game and it continues to impact my gaming life even in college. Currently, I'm conducting research about how space is humanities next step in exploration and I found Kerbal Space Program as a prime example of introducing the gaming population to the idea of space travel. I have no idea how to contact the initial programmers of KSP, so I'm asking here if I could be given the chance to interview the legendary people behind this game virtually. I only want to ask questions such as: what made them start their project? How has it evolved over the years and have their points of views shifted? How much has NASA supported this? Etc. This is a long jump and I know the chances are low, but I would love to get to talk to them.

Thank you,

Chris Johnston

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/15/2020 at 9:22 AM, RealKerbal3x said:

@Scorpio102 I don't know much about the early days of KSP, but I'm certain that KSP was first created by Felipe Falanghe, who later left SQUAD for other projects. I don't know if there is a Jamie Leighton or David Tregoning in SQUAD, but they certainly aren't the originators of KSP.

I looked at the wiki and some other source that said that Felipe joined some random appliance company named Monkey Squad or smthin, was an outstanding employee and wanted them to help with this game idea. (Idk either). When they repeatedly denied, he quit, and they came crawling back. 0.1 was made and it sucked. 0.2-0.<map view and time warp> also sucked. Whatever :/ will look at the wiki

but ye tf are these people, ur mistaken bro :sticktongue: :confused:

Wow, totally didnt see this post come up in the activity as it went past. Apologies for the lag

Jamie ( @JPLRepo )  and I ( @TriggerAu ) are both active/available on the forum and I wouldnt call it a long shot, hey your in the right place :) , but let me speak to the boss about the best way to go about the specific request. There may already be things that the comms team have that could help with some of the questions thats easier than the ramblings of us. Get back to you soon

17 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Not "sucked" but "demonstrated impressive potential of further development".

that is “sucked” in the same way that “exercise social distancing” is “shut up and be responsible by quarantining yourself”

15 hours ago, TriggerAu said:

Wow, totally didnt see this post come up in the activity as it went past. Apologies for the lag

Jamie ( @JPLRepo )  and I ( @TriggerAu ) are both active/available on the forum and I wouldnt call it a long shot, hey your in the right place :) , but let me speak to the boss about the best way to go about the specific request. There may already be things that the comms team have that could help with some of the questions thats easier than the ramblings of us. Get back to you soon

oh ok. Hope it works out nicely for everyone :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.