Space Museum

What do you think?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• It good idea
    • Not needed

Will be space museum, with a old spacecrafts that was returned from space? Like National Air and Space Museum in Washington or The Museum of Cosmonautics in Mosvow. It can will be a good passive earnings for your Space Program and just place for memory and your soul.

The idea itself is good, but the game engine will crash when total part number exceeds several thousand.

And the early spacecrafts will be represented by the standalone capsule part, even without the heatshield, i.e. you can see it in the parts palette without museum.

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

The idea itself is good, but the game engine will crash when total part number exceeds several thousand.

And the early spacecrafts will be represented by the standalone capsule part, even without the heatshield, i.e. you can see it in the parts palette without museum.

Can be create several pavilions with a fixed number of parts (max. 1000) or turn craft into one part (I saw such a mod, but forgot its name. functional details stopped working).

4 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Maybe simplified and welded 3d miniatures standing in halls, and a zoomed mode with real parts.

Why just for Museum?

Could be part of game physic LOD system.

Carefully supported by engineers in a museum hall is not any different than drifting in space without thrust or even constant thrust.