Graphic resolution and mod resolution

Hello guys

I am playing on a Retina Mac (resolution 5120x2880) with KSP 1.8.X  and 1.9.Xand here are some pics showing that whatever is the screen resolution, 2560X1440 for example, and the game graphic resolution , the windows opened by the mods and the windows open by the "in game mods" like DV tools or Engineer tools are quite different.

All the mods windows seems very small and hard to read compared to the "in game mod" windows and to be able to read the mod windows I need a graphic resolution that shows nearly huge "in game windows" which is not comfortable at all.

I was wondering if there was some datas to be modified to have all the windows opening in the game the same size ?

Here,  the  KER  and KIS windows mod becomes just readable, but the DV Tools windows seems huge

VbK5thN.jpg

Here the KER and KIS Windows are so small that they are hardly readable and the DV tools windows seems normal

9kNuCpU.jpg

Whatever is the graphic game resolution I choose it looks like to get readable mod windows you need to get huge in game windows....

Here KER and KIS mod windows are readable but others windows are definitely too big!

mie8eLh.png

Edited by gilflo

KER and many mods have GUI scaling settings available. Depending on how the mod GUI is built it may or may not scale with the KSP gui scale setting. I play on a 4K monitor and have KSP GUI scale at 140% and KER at scale size 7 or 8.  KIS does not.  I submitted a PR a while ago, but it was never incorporated and KSP has changed enough since then that it no long works.  This size of the KIS inventory slots can be adjusted through the KIS settings.cfg.

Edited by Tonka Crash

That's what I think, changing the size of the GUI through the setting config of the mods that have too small windows compared to KSP GUI

but as I am not a programmer,  when I open the setting.cfg with my text editor, I am not sure to find where to change the settings...

In the KIS GUI there's 2 lines with resolution numbers in the EvaInventory: 

EvaInventory
    {
        inventoryKey = tab
        rightHandKey = x
        helmetKey = //j - J conflicts with Breaking Ground DLC.
        slotsX = 2
        slotsY = 4
        slotSize = 50
        itemIconResolution = 128
        selfIconResolution = 128
        maxVolume = 110
        openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/inventoryOpen
        closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/inventoryClose
    }

Are these resolution numbers that need to be changed? And what value?

And, in the KER folder, to change the resolution of the GUI,  I don't see any Setting.cfg file, only xml files...

3 hours ago, gilflo said:

Are these resolution numbers that need to be changed? And what value?

And, in the KER folder, to change the resolution of the GUI,  I don't see any Setting.cfg file, only xml files...

Usually I know how to mess with KSP code, but this one needs a min... try itemIconResolution or slotSize

I tried to modified some figures in the KIS setting.cfg but nothing happens...

When the game is loading, look above how small are the characters of the Module manager line showing how many patches are applied, compared to the characters in the loading bar...

That's the same problem with a lot of mods!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.