Audio mods: let's collaborate.

SpaceCarmelo

Hi guys! :cool:

I love KSP and i'm also a professional audio engineer, i mainly work with radio stations and recording studios for recording, editing/mixing and production for music and sounds. 

I always wanted to start practicing with videogames sound, i can program a very little (Kerboscript! seriously, i have some basics skills) and gaming is a very interesting market for audio guys.

If you are a modder and have some free time because of the quarantine, are you interested in a collaboration? :maneuver:

Some of my skills: Music Production, SFX manipulation and creation, Mixing, Editing, Algorithmic Audio Programming (Pure Data)..... and so on.

Some Mod Ideas: 

BETTER STEREO: I noticed that ksp has not a good stereophonic management. In IVA and Mapview, when you "look right" the engine sound almost completely disappear on the left audio channel. That's not cool at all, have you ever experienced it?

DATA SONORIZATION: Do you know these famous youtube videos named "NASA Planet sounds bla bla bla"? Well, maybe you also know that no recording engineers actually went on a Planet to make an album. These are not sound recordings, these are "space data" taken from Electrostatic Analyzers converted into sound, i'm not sure that conversion is 1:1 because human's audio range (and speakers audio range) is pretty limited, so many artistic choices can be done.

That's called Data Sonorization, on example of this method of converting data to audio is SSTV sound (of course you know SSTV sound,  thanks to Chatterer you spam it everytime you do science!)

KSP is basically a folder full of spacey data.. any ideas?

RADIOASTRONOMY SOUNDS AND INTERFERENCES: Setting up satellites is so damn cool and we love it, but what if we can make some Radio-oriented satellites that can catch sounds from outer space? Add your satellite a new set of Radio Antennas and point them to the deep space, with a map-style plugin you can find some interesting spots to analyze and find science! Lot of strange sounds included. 

STOCK-A-LIKE PLANETS AND MOON SOUNDS: KSP music is very good, but it would be cool to implement some custom music for every location. Immagine hearing a soft and desolating pad when you are stranded on the Mun, or some ancient choirs in the background while exploring Duna. That can give an incredible emotional impact on the players.

AUDIO TOOLS: Using audio for many tasks in ksp could be useful: alarm sound if your ship is going to flip when boosting your first stage is an idea, we could set ringtones to every dangerous situation in ksp. Something similar to Kerbal Alarm Clock but more oriented to danger and resources and less to warping. (adding radioactivity sound when crossing a Kerbalism radiation belt.. and so on)

Conclusion: 

I don't know much about modding and i'm interested in learning Unity Audio and FMOD.

bye! :sticktongue:

Edited by SpaceCarmelo
grammar correction

Just now, VoidCosmos said:

I love music. 

What kind of modding do you want?

check out my mod ideas in the main thread, there are just sketches. i'm open to every collaboration so if you're working on a mod and want some custom music, hit me up. At this moment i'm not actually requesting mods, i would prefer to collaborate to other modder's work to achieve some experience in gaming and modding as audio designer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.