[1.2.x -1.11.x] CST-100 Starliner- v2.1 - [30th/May/2020] 3.75 m 7 Seat Crew Vehicle!

VoidCosmos

Updating the mod after the new starliner mod is ready  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Should I update the mod after the release of the new Starliner mod?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

This poll is closed to new votes

I actually loaded the whole shebang up without the two support mods. It didn't go great :P  The craft file won't open in 1.8.1 at all, so I'm not sure I was building it right. I love Kottabos videos but it drives me insane that he doesn't put the parts together as intended during the review! Anyway, I shall check back. Thanks for keeping options alive :D

28 minutes ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I actually loaded the whole shebang up without the two support mods. It didn't go great :P  The craft file won't open in 1.8.1 at all, so I'm not sure I was building it right. I love Kottabos videos but it drives me insane that he doesn't put the parts together as intended during the review! Anyway, I shall check back. Thanks for keeping options alive :D

Oh no! I had changed the names of a few parts! New update coming soon

In the thermal section in the VAB, you will see two heat shield i.e. a black and a brown one. If you have both of them, it means you are using V2.0

12 minutes ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

I think I'm using 2.0.

Gotcha (the problem)! You are using 1.0! I remember seeing the service module decoupling option not showing in the staging stack. I guess you have to update the mod?

27 minutes ago, VoidCosmos said:

Did you try it?

Was the parachute bug fixed? I tried it, but it still looks backlit. Also, The nose cone is completely gone. 

Quite a few bugs that always persist, such as the backlighting.

3 hours ago, VoidCosmos said:

In the thermal section in the VAB, you will see two heat shield i.e. a black and a brown one. If you have both of them, it means you are using V2.0

Gotcha (the problem)! You are using 1.0! I remember seeing the service module decoupling option not showing in the staging stack. I guess you have to update the mod?

'aight

Also how do you know if you are downloading 2.0?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

To all users of this mod.  I installed this and TweakScale warnings and errors exploded in my log.  I tracked it down do a patch [snip]

CST-100 Starliner\Patches\All Tweak\All Tweak.cfg.

@PART[*]:HAS[!MODULE[TweakScale]]:FINAL
{
    %MODULE[TweakScale]
    {
        %name = TweakScale
        %type = stack
    }
}

This [snip] is throwing a TweakScale patch on every part without TweakScale already defined. 

I have a good number of parts where it isn't defined and shouldn't be to avoid documented problems in TweakScale and for parts I don't want to rescale.  To top it off you have it run with the :FINAL keyword which is about as poor form as you can do with a patch for a mod. 

@VoidCosmos You should either delete this patch entirely or take the time to explicitly define proper TweakScale settings for only the parts in this mod.  Don't throw a @PART[*] patch at users that will create problems for other mods. 

You should also use :FOR instead of FINAL so other users can properly address :AFTER, :BEFORE and :FINAL patches around the behavior in this mod.

Edited by Vanamonde

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.