rendezvous 2 vessels in orbit of jool

hi, I'd like to post this video to show a trick based of the previous mission, when I've docked 2 vessels in kerbin orbit then I've transferred them to jool in order to save fuel.
In this case I have to RV these vessels that are arrived in jool orbit already docked.
The video shows also a bug or a behavior I've not understood: when the distance between the 2 ships is greater than 2.5Km, the navball prograde/retrograde indicators just disappear until I double-click the target again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9q0d5gyl4udu68i/2020-04-16 14-44-46.mkv?dl=0

Edited by antipro

40 minutes ago, antipro said:

when I've docked 2 vessels in kerbin orbit

It's not included in your short clip, but that part is in my experience the important part: those two vessels launched from Kerbin in two different launches!

35 minutes ago, antipro said:

The video shows also a bug or a behavior I've not understood: when the distance between the 2 ships is greater than 2.5Km, the navball prograde/retrograde indicators just disappear until I double-click the target again.

At that distance the other craft gets unloaded from the game, i.e. the physics for this craft is not calculated anymore and it is put "on rails". And apparently the game partially forgets that you have that selected as a target.

This distance is also important for the "rendezvous around <planetoid>" contracts: you have to be at least that far apart and then get closer (again?) and match velocities to get these contracts done.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.