Are you growing a quarantine beard?

Vanamonde

Well? Are you?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Seriously, are you?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Already had a beard.
    • Can't (due to gender or what have you).

i already had one but its reached new levels of bushiness.

i usually let it grown out in the fall and winter months and trim it down to a goatee the rest of the year. but with the late ending winter and the virus i just don't see any point.

6 hours ago, Elthy said:

Im trying to grow one xD

protip for growing beards:

turn 30. went and done a hard flip from wont grow at all to wont stop growing around that time. for me this all happened around 30 and has only got worse since, but ymmv. 

17 hours ago, Spacescifi said:

I still do video conferencing.

A beard is not an option. I also still work.

i live in a fishing town populated by people of viking ancestry so a beard is standard workplace equipment.

Edited by Nuke

Nah. I never was much good at growing them in the first place and now they just come through in salt-and-pepper which is not a good look. With that said, its nice to only have to shave every second or third day rather than every day.

Edited by KSK

I don't like having a beard because mine grows bushy and never looks tidy no matter how carefully I trim it, but I've been curious to see how much gray is in it now and the quarantine seemed like a good time to find out. (It's mostly gray.) 

4 hours ago, GDJ said:

Still shave. I shave my head (been doing this for 20 years) and still have the moustache and goatee. 

Kinda like my avatar. :D

<---

tried the cueball look in highschool, found out my head is too bumpy for it to look good. ended up developing a scalp condition that made me look like one of the aliens from alien nation. as a result my hair is now 3 feet long. 

9 hours ago, Nuke said:

i already had one but its reached new levels of bushiness.

i usually let it grown out in the fall and winter months and trim it down to a goatee the rest of the year. but with the late ending winter and the virus i just don't see any point.

protip for growing beards:

turn 30. went and done a hard flip from wont grow at all to wont stop growing around that time. for me this all happened around 30 and has only got worse since, but ymmv. 

i live in a fishing town populated by people of viking ancestry so a beard is standard workplace equipment.

I will have a hard time suppressing laughter the day I see this...

Spoiler

d6h4ti1-62ea446f-e31b-4a00-88e8-50fa5d25

Granted... these guys likely wore beard extension wigs... but still.

Only kings can get away looking this ridiculous.

Back in the day it was considered fashionable.

Maybe it will make a comeback?

18 hours ago, Nuke said:

tried the cueball look in highschool, found out my head is too bumpy for it to look good. ended up developing a scalp condition that made me look like one of the aliens from alien nation. as a result my hair is now 3 feet long. 

It took a while for me to get used to it. Ironically I tend to leave a tiny bit of stubble on during the summertime. It's cooler due to sweating and wicking away (hence better evaporation and cooling). 

Also helps keeping the toque on in winter. Otherwise it slides off.

BUT.....it's far cheaper to buy razorblades than going to the barber.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.