Are you growing a quarantine beard?

Vanamonde

Well? Are you?   

43 members have voted

1. 1. Seriously, are you?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Already had a beard.
    • Can't (due to gender or what have you).

54 minutes ago, GDJ said:

It took a while for me to get used to it. Ironically I tend to leave a tiny bit of stubble on during the summertime. It's cooler due to sweating and wicking away (hence better evaporation and cooling). 

Also helps keeping the toque on in winter. Otherwise it slides off.

BUT.....it's far cheaper to buy razorblades than going to the barber.

Diposable razor blades are quite an advantange.

I bought an old fashioned razor that can be reused and sharpened years back.

Made me see why beards were so popular back in the day.

Shaving with non-disposable razors is hard and bloody, at least until one passes the learning curve.

Even then it is difficult to get lots of the finer hairs off witihout scraping off liberal amounts of skin.

I needed bandages at one point!

Compared to that... yeah I could wear a beard.

On 4/18/2020 at 11:19 PM, Vanamonde said:

I don't like having a beard because mine grows bushy and never looks tidy no matter how carefully I trim it, but I've been curious to see how much gray is in it now and the quarantine seemed like a good time to find out. (It's mostly gray.) 

Oh

Spoiler

Finally!

Do bananas have beards?

Beard, no. I still have my razors.

Long hair, yes...

Though I've always been lazy to shave off facial hairs... I only cut them once it feels too long (which means it already looks a world apart from the shaved version).

Hair on the other hand... I think I'll let it grow until I can tie them or something XD Normally it's all cut short every few months but I already miss the time for this one. I've let it grown long for whole 6 months but this might extend beyond that a bit (last cut I took was like in December or so).

Edited by YNM

On 5/1/2020 at 4:14 PM, adsii1970 said:

No, I've continued to shave. And I do everything I normally would do for going to work. Why? Because I need a routine for my sanity. :P

what if your routine involves being insane?

Already have the beard.   Since I'm not quarantined, essential worker and all, yet we started mandatory masks this week, I'm actually trimming it back some as it gets rather uncomfortable wearing the mask for 10 hours straight. 

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't stand it anymore. In addition to the stifling heat under a mask, it was scratchy when I tried to sleep, started getting in the way when I ate, and then began tickling my nose. Was a real battle to remove, though. I don't say "shave" because it was more like eroding the thing away laboriously over the course of about 40 minutes. 

Mine is all white.  It’s just gotten to the stage of being able to do something with it.  

I’ve had a beard before, but never trimmed it, this time I bought a beard trimmer, will see how it gors.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

28 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Mine is all white.  It’s just gotten to the stage of being able to do something with it.  

Aren't you already doing this everytime?

Spoiler

Dumbledore_and_Elder_Wand.JPG360?cb=20150822232849

The truth is revealed. That's how do the mods appear!

Edited by kerbiloid

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.