[1.3.1] Ferram Aerospace Research: v0.15.9.1 "Liepmann" 4/2/18

ferram4

My game crashed more with 32x, and thats when i removed taurus, before it wont work with 32x and worked PERFECT (no crashes) with 64x, and I really want FAR for 64x plz halp

I suggest you use the opengl solution, you'll be able to save a lot of memory and thus run 32 bit ksp with a lot more mods.

Does anybody knows a good mod, that adds scramjets, I think, they were on taverius pizza...

I have just the ramjet installed from taverius combined with AJE which gets me a small set of realistic ramjets. No scramjet, though. Let me know if you find one! (I play RSS so a scramjet would actually be useful for me.)

I suggest you use the opengl solution, you'll be able to save a lot of memory and thus run 32 bit ksp with a lot more mods.

I always had terrible framerate issues with opengl mode until KSP .25. Now -force-opengl saves me over a GB of RAM and the framerate is just as good as DirectX mode!

Any thoughts as to why the parts under this interstage are not shielded? The circled Mono globes are falling off due to aero stress. My FAR config was not changed, so I still have this section in it:

FARPartClassification
{
name = Default
//...snip...
PayloadFairing
{
title = payload
title = fairing
title = shroud
title = interstage
}
//...snip...
}

Wfcr4Q7.png

Any thoughts as to why the parts under this interstage are not shielded? The circled Mono globes are falling off due to aero stress. My FAR config was not changed, so I still have this section in it:

FARPartClassification
{
name = Default
//...snip...
PayloadFairing
{
title = payload
title = fairing
title = shroud
title = interstage
}
//...snip...
}

http://i.imgur.com/Wfcr4Q7.png

Have this issues too with pFairings. Conversation about it starts here. Ferram said it has something to do with the scaling functionality of pFairings. I see you use tweakscale on your shrouds, maybe this bug hits all ingame rescaled parts.

Have this issues too with pFairings. Conversation about it starts here. Ferram said it has something to do with the scaling functionality of pFairings. I see you use tweakscale on your shrouds, maybe this bug hits all ingame rescaled parts.

Thanks. I'll try a proper-sized interstage. Note my KW actual payload fairing is also Tweakscaled (I installed only the 5m parts and I scale them down as desired) but those parts get shielded properly. I'l report my results later.

*EDIT* It still fails to shield parts even with TweakScale (and the interstage's module) removed.

Edited by Felbourn

Hi!

Do anyone know the cause of constant pitch oscillation with SAS? Only since 0.25 and only with FAR.

Oversensitive stock SAS code.

1) Reduce your control authority.

2) Install regex's PID Controller mod and cut the default pitch values by 1/2-2/3rds.

Sadly regex's mod is not available for download, aparently from today.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96654-0-25-PID-Tune-0-1-SAS-tweaking-%2810-12-2014%29

If someone could send me a copy, I'd be extremely greatful.

I tweaked control surface deflections, but the bouncing did not eliminated. I need some control btw, if I dumb down deflections below a certain level, the planes become totally inresponsible at high altitude.

Oversensitive stock SAS code.

1) Reduce your control authority.

2) Install regex's PID Controller mod and cut the default pitch values by 1/2-2/3rds.

Thanks. I'll try a proper-sized interstage. Note my KW actual payload fairing is also Tweakscaled (I installed only the 5m parts and I scale them down as desired) but those parts get shielded properly. I'l report my results later.

*EDIT* It still fails to shield parts even with TweakScale (and the interstage's module) removed.

For me the default kw rocketry fairings and shrouds work fine. With pFairings the bug was kinda random: Sometimes all parts are shielded, sometimes only a few of them.

For me the default kw rocketry fairings and shrouds work fine. With pFairings the bug was kinda random: Sometimes all parts are shielded, sometimes only a few of them.

Not being 100% what what was making the radial tanks pop off, I switched to a different radial tank that does not pop off. AFAIK they have the same crashTolerance and breakingTorque so it's unclear to me why one tank pops off and the other does not. The mass might be different, and body shape is different. Maybe I can check connection node sizes, though I expect to see them both 0 since these are radial tanks. Anyway, I stopped trying to debug this once the second tank was not popping off. The parts are still totally unshielded during flight though.

Sadly regex's mod is not available for download, aparently from today.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/96654-0-25-PID-Tune-0-1-SAS-tweaking-%2810-12-2014%29

If someone could send me a copy, I'd be extremely greatful.

I tweaked control surface deflections, but the bouncing did not eliminated. I need some control btw, if I dumb down deflections below a certain level, the planes become totally inresponsible at high altitude.

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v10auvb37g7o009/PID_Tune-0.1.zip?dl=0.

You can also try just disabling SAS. You have to steer a little bit more carefully and use the trim controls but if your craft is stable and well-balanced it should fly ok.

Just a note: while regex pulled PID Tuner, and you must absolutely not poke him about it, it is released under the BSD 2-clause license and thus can be redistributed.

Noted, and probably something I should have paid more attention to before I linked it. It also looks like the license isn't included in the zip so maybe I should take it down anyway?

Ahh, missed that too. I was expecting it to be in a separate file but I guess if there's only one file of source code...

Out of curiosity, why did he take it down?

Looking at the thread, he's either working on an improved version or just got sick of answering questions. Either way, I wouldn't poke him about it.

Is this intentional ? or is this a bug when you put 2 wings like so it cancels out lift, or does the stock wings just have bad with lift which i think might be why.

uSWe1fy.png

Edited by yohuan

yohuan: FAR removes the arrow because it is meaningless.

Also, having double wings will increase drag without significantly increasing lift: you'll be much better off with only one layer with more actual wing. Try looking at real planes for your inspiration.

yohuan: FAR removes the arrow because it is meaningless.

Also, having double wings will increase drag without significantly increasing lift: you'll be much better off with only one layer with more actual wing. Try looking at real planes for your inspiration.

Yeah i know that but idea was to have 2 thin wings covering the variable wing, which will move in between the 2 thin wing layers but thing is when i put 1 layer the lift works fine but then a put the other layer on top or under it will cancel out the lift as you can see in the picture and i think that might be a bug is what i am trying to say.

i think that might be a bug is what i am trying to say.

No, it's just that if you have one wing right on top of another, the drag is increased and the lift is not, as taniwha said. Doesn't matter what you want to use them for, that's what happens and it's not a bug, it's real aerodynamics.

Unless you mean the arrow is gone from the CoL? Then, as taniwha also said, FAR removes it anyway because it's meaningless.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.