[1.3.1] Ferram Aerospace Research: v0.15.9.1 "Liepmann" 4/2/18

ferram4

16 hours ago, FirroSeranel said:

Actually, Stardock has a feature that does just that.

Assuming you mean Spacedock, I can see how many followers Ferram has, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to become one.

On 10/24/2016 at 1:47 PM, MWSin said:

I can see how many followers Ferram has, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to become one.

Click his name (the post started by part) in the post header, or on any of his posts, then click the big greyish blue button on the header of his profile that says 'Follow'.

Edited by Kurtvw

23 minutes ago, RevanCorana said:

where is 1.2 where is 1.2 where is 1.2 where is 1.2

Did you read Rule 2.3f? Did you read Rule 2.3f? Did you read Rule 2.3f? Did you read Rule 2.3f?

Seriously, this sort of post makes for a hostile environment for modders. Do you really think ferram4 has somehow forgotten about FAR and needs this sort of reminder? Sit back and be patient like everyone else.

2 hours ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Sit back and be patient like everyone else.

Or at least be silent in your F5 mashing :wink:

I am not patient myself, but take a moment a look at the code for the complex mods like this. It's some crazy stuff, with crazy math way above my head. Now imagine having to fix that yourself...

Waiting is a nice option.

Edited by Volatar

5 hours ago, Volatar said:

Or at least be silent in your F5 mashing :wink:

I am not patient myself, but take a moment a look at the code for the complex mods like this. It's some crazy stuff, with crazy math way above my head. Now imagine having to fix that yourself...

Waiting is a nice option.

I'm all for waiting. If there's one thing KSP thought me it's patience :). But out of curiosity, how long does it usualy take before FAR is updated?

It's not wise to try to push a modder to do anything. Because he does a thing only if he gets as much pleasure from modding as you get from using the mod. And all of us have a life outside KSP, sometimes there's too much of it.

7 minutes ago, sarbian said:

How much did you pay for you FAR update information subscription ?

I'm pretty sure he paid less than I did, if a few (slightly broken) code contributions count as payment. If not, then about as much as I did.

1 minute ago, taniwha said:

I'm pretty sure he paid less than I did, if a few (slightly broken) code contributions count as payment. If not, then about as much as I did.

hum, good idea. I should check how much time I spent on FAR and mods that FAR depends on.

1 hour ago, sarbian said:

How much did you pay for you FAR update information subscription ?

You know, that might be a way for any modding site to bring in some revenue. Especially if it can do things like SMS alerts, and maybe secure a deal with leading modders to put new versions on that site first in exchange for a share of the revenue.

/offtopic.

3 hours ago, KamikazeF0X said:

You can see the commit activity on FAR's Github

In other words, none.

Many modders don't push their commits to github (not even to dev branches) until they've mostly completed whatever they were currently working on, so its use for tracking progress is rather limited.

Edited by MaxRebo

Jesus people, calm your selves.  That means you @RevanCorana.  Although I must thank you for being so willing to test the dev build when it's out, I'll be expecting your detailed bug reports and reproduction steps to help handle any issues that might come up from porting the mod over.  After all, why else would you be so eager to get your hands on a 1.2-compatible build if not to test it? :D

In all seriousness though to everyone, thanks for the patience.  With KJR out I'll move to working on FAR, and someone has already been kind enough to attempt a PR to make it 1.2-compatible, though I haven't checked to see if it works or what other things might need addressing.  So, um... SoonTM?  I'll post here when I need guine-- I mean, testers for the dev build.

1 hour ago, ferram4 said:

Jesus people, calm your selves.  That means you @RevanCorana.  Although I must thank you for being so willing to test the dev build when it's out, I'll be expecting your detailed bug reports and reproduction steps to help handle any issues that might come up from porting the mod over.  After all, why else would you be so eager to get your hands on a 1.2-compatible build if not to test it? :D

In all seriousness though to everyone, thanks for the patience.  With KJR out I'll move to working on FAR, and someone has already been kind enough to attempt a PR to make it 1.2-compatible, though I haven't checked to see if it works or what other things might need addressing.  So, um... SoonTM?  I'll post here when I need guine-- I mean, testers for the dev build.

@ferram4  I for one am willing to do this.  if you have a device build and a test plan, I will run it through its paces and provide you with detailed bug reports in a timely fashion.  it's the least I can do in return for all the enjoyment that FAR has brought me over the last few years.  let me know if you want me to do this and we can get it set up.

WOW! Thats great news Ferram! I think i just saw Jeb running to the my old 1.0.5 Laythe spaceplane...

I stopped playing Kerbal when update 1.1.x was released, because it simply crashed in my computer after a few minutes. Even 1.1.3 was completely unplayable. I even uninstalled Kerbal to avoid frustation :(

But... 1.2 is almost perfect! I LOVED the commnet! I only wish that somebody maintains the Adjustable Landing Gear mod, its a must have for SpacePlanes, specially with FAR. (I tried to create a mod some time ago, but with,  11 hours at work ( 8 working, plus 3 hours lost in traffic.) + 5 hours studying , and usually sleeping 4 hours per day, its dificult to create something :(. 

Edited by Freds

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.