[1.3.1] Ferram Aerospace Research: v0.15.9.1 "Liepmann" 4/2/18

ferram4

On 10/3/2018 at 7:41 AM, Maeyanie said:

Right, forgot about that. That one's a bit harder.

Though it looks like it's only used for the cross-sectional area graph, which is definitely very useful but could be lived without if the maintainer isn't up to that particular challenge.

Honestly, it still seems like even fixing the currently-known bugs in the 1.4 version is the toughest part.

Does this refer to the AOA graphing tool that far is packaged with? Or an in flight thing?

I know theres a mod out there called kerbal wind tunnel? That basically does the same more or less I think? If that could be integrated into far compatibility with collaberation, slap some new icons in. A full re-release is quite pheasable. My worry here are PRs not getting looked into since its an unofficial but legal recompile. I figure recompiles can only go so far until bug fix rounds are needed or if an ksp update breaks core features that only someone like ferram would know how to squash.

27 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

Does this refer to the AOA graphing tool that far is packaged with? Or an in flight thing?

This is referring to the cross section visualization used to evaluate rate of change of cross section for supersonic aircraft. It shows a graph along the aircraft's length. This is different than the static analysis graphs, which aren't shown in the 3D viewport.

28 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

I know theres a mod out there called kerbal wind tunnel? That basically does the same more or less I think?

It's probably easier to just rewrite the shader for the cross section visualization, not least because KWT doesn't visualize the cross sectional area (since stock aero doesn't care about it). 

29 minutes ago, Jesusthebird said:

My worry here are PRs not getting looked into since its an unofficial but legal recompile. I figure recompiles can only go so far until bug fix rounds are needed or if an ksp update breaks core features that only someone like ferram would know how to squash.

I have a few PRs to fix bugs in the simulation functionality that things like Trajectories and weirder kRPC systems use, on this topic.

2 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

please some one take the mod 

i am playing in RSS 

and without this the game feels a little unrealistic

i have 80 mode installed and i need this one 

if some one can take the mod or help it 

please 

any one 

There is an unofficial release. Invest some of your time looking at the GitHub forks instead of begging.

On 10/8/2018 at 4:32 AM, jrodriguez said:

There is an unofficial release. Invest some of your time looking at the GitHub forks instead of begging.

i am not begging 

i have done that before writing this comment 

the unofficial release didn't work 

that is way i said  in comment waiting for official release 

[snip]

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

On 10/11/2018 at 4:02 AM, Ninadragonborn said:

i am not begging 

i have done that before writing this comment 

the unofficial release didn't work 

that is way i said  in comment waiting for official release

The unofficial release works fine for me.  What is your error log showing?

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

The unofficial release works fine for me.  What is your error log showing?

its simple no lift from any

elevon 

and it seems there is no lift for wings 

i have tested on 

wings from game and mods 

but almost all of them have no lift when using them nothing 

i did not have this problem in version 1.3.1 of the game 

2 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

its simple no lift from any

elevon 

and it seems there is no lift for wings 

i have tested on 

wings from game and mods 

but almost all of them have no lift when using them nothing 

i did not have this problem in version 1.3.1 of the game 

Are you using the latest unofficial release from the Github?

What errors are showing up in your crash log? 

What other mods do you have running?  There could be a conflict.

Because again I have NO problems with FAR currently.

On 10/11/2018 at 10:27 PM, Hodo said:

Are you using the latest unofficial release from the Github?

What errors are showing up in your crash log? 

What other mods do you have running?  There could be a conflict.

Because again I have NO problems with FAR currently.

a lot of mod 

this is least of my problems 

the game graphic is messed up 

i don't know what mod causing it 

Edited by Ninadragonborn

On 10/12/2018 at 2:07 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No one can help you unless you provide a log file

[snip]

its just that this unofficial release is not working and i am waiting a official release 

why every time i say something you people say you need to post a log 

do you think i  know that this not a problem this is just i am waiting for official release !!!!! 

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

18 hours ago, Ninadragonborn said:

its just that this unofficial release is not working and i am waiting a official release 

do you think i  know that this not a problem this is just i am waiting for official release !!!!! 

We already told you that the unofficial fork works just fine! 

So I don't even need to look at your log file to conclude that the problem is on your side.

You can sit and wait for an official release but I doubt that will ever happen.

A log is still produced even though no crash occurs; the file is called KSP.log and resides in the KSP directory. It does not matter that no crash or visible error occurs, the log file is produced by every single run of the game. Without it, it's impossible to know what's actually going on in your FAR install.

its just that this unofficial release

you think i  know that this not a problem this is just i am waiting for official release !!!!! 

Seems like you're attaching some magic sense to the words "official release".

Well, there's no magic here. What was done by one developer could be picked up and brought back to life by others. Or can be ruined, but we hope for the best and don't rely on mysterious things.

17 hours ago, lushr said:

A log is still produced even though no crash occurs; the file is called KSP.log and resides in the KSP directory. It does not matter that no crash or visible error occurs, the log file is produced by every single run of the game. Without it, it's impossible to know what's actually going on in your FAR install.

[snip]

the log is for crash

the game don't crash for me 

[snip]

and i don't need advice 

16 hours ago, whale_2 said:

Seems like you're attaching some magic sense to the words "official release".

Well, there's no magic here. What was done by one developer could be picked up and brought back to life by others. Or can be ruined, but we hope for the best and don't rely on mysterious things.

i am just waiting for an official release which mean the mod is ready for use not 

so i wait for that 

that unofficial release didn't work for me that's all no crash no log no game being destroyed

[snip]

17 hours ago, jrodriguez said:

We already told you that the unofficial fork works just fine! 

So I don't even need to look at your log file to conclude that the problem is on your side.

You can sit and wait for an official release but I doubt that will ever happen.

don't care if all this mods continue causing problem for me i leave kerbal space program behind forever

i rather play in a real solar system then in imaginary solar system  

this is suppose to be a realistic simulator not 100% realistic but i think they could keep a  good realism 

if they add real solar system 

and if they don't i think i go find another game like

simple rocket 2   

Edited by Snark
Redacted by moderator

9 minutes ago, Ninadragonborn said:

don't care if all this mods continue causing problem for me i leave kerbal space program behind forever

i rather play in a real solar system then in imaginary solar system  

this is suppose to be a realistic simulator not 100% realistic but i think they could keep a  good realism 

if they add real solar system 

and if they don't i think i go find another game like

simple rocket 2   

Sorry, from my point of view this discussion is finished.

This one of the videos I have recorded in the past that I feel more proud of (and of course always using FAR). Please let me know if you find something more realistic (by PM not here)

the log is for crash

the game don't crash for me 

[snip]

and i don't need advice 

The log is for more than crashes.  Sometimes things don't work quite right, and data is recorded in the log file which can indicate what happened.  For example, Exceptions are errors in the code, but don't cause a crash.  In fact, a crash is one of the few things in KSP that a log file is mostly useless for.

You don't know "all of this", if you did, you would not be replying as you do.

You are frustrated.  That is understandable.  Keep in mind that no one on this forum is paid.  It is all done literally out of the goodness of our hearts.

Now, getting back to your recent posts, you said the following:

On 10/12/2018 at 1:50 PM, Ninadragonborn said:

a lot of mod 

this is least of my problems 

the game graphic is messed up 

i don't know what mod causing it 

So what do you expect us to do?  We asked for information, and you insult us.  You didn't even provide any information.  

Sidebar:  When you go to a doctor, do you tell him where it hurts, or do you wait for him to guess where it hurts?

Next, where does it say that this is supposed to be a realistic simulator, as you claim here:

This is a GAME!  Based in part on real physics, but still, a GAME!  If you want a simulation, then go try Orbitor.  

The way to find your problem, if you don't want to provide any information, is to start with a totally stock game, and then add in your mods one at a time, starting the game and playing it after each addition.  Eventually you will find the problematic mod.

Good luck!

On 9/9/2018 at 6:48 PM, jrodriguez said:

Thanks @ExtremeTrader for releasing a new compatible version. It is never easy to take over a complex mod and recompile shaders, etc.

Do you plan to create  a new thread for the mod?

I'm currently very busy with my study, but I'd like to remind you that all I've done is recompile the dll's (not even the shaders) and did not take over anything :P

Maybe, when I have some more spare time and am able to calculate complex aerodynamic systems, I'll be able to reverse engineer ferram's code and improve upon it - but that'll probably take a few years.

Hi everyone,

Some content has been redacted and/or removed.  Let's keep it civil please, everyone.  This is a friendly community, we're all pals who enjoy helping each other, so there's no call to be nasty with anyone.  This is a community where people help each other and are generally mutually supportive, which is a rare and precious thing on the internet, these days-- let's keep it that way, shall we?

I'm sure we all understand where mods come from and how all of this works, but in case anybody may have forgotten, a brief FAQ may be in order.  See below.

If you don't want to read the whole thing, here's the TL;DR:

• There's no current "official release".  There may never be one.
  • The people who are posting here these days don't own the official release, so yelling about it won't help.
  • The unofficial release works for most folks.  If it doesn't work for you, probably it's because something is wrong with your setup, not with the release.  So yelling about it won't help.
  • If you need help getting it working, great!  Lots of friendly people here will try to help you.  :)  But they'll need information to be able to help you, so if they ask you for it (e.g. log files), then you need to provide it.  Otherwise there's nothing they can do.
  • Yelling at people who are trying to help you is a pretty good way to make nobody want to.  In which case you won't get any help.  So perhaps it would be wiser not to do that?

Longer modding FAQ in spoiler.

Spoiler

Modding FAQ

• Q:  There's a mod I love, but the author has been missing for a long time and there's no official release that works in current KSP.
  • A:  Gee, that's too bad.  Everyone else is sad about that, too.
  • Q:  But I really want an official release.
  • A:  It's nice to want things.  Bear in mind, though, that it's entirely up to the mod author, who put in a lot of hard work, for free, to give people shiny toys to play with, for free.  And therefore does not owe you (or anyone) anything at all.  If the author has been missing for a while, it may simply be that he got tired of maintaining the mod and went off to do something else.  He may simply be done with the mod.
  • Q:  But that would mean that there wouldn't be any more official releases, ever!
  • A:  Yes.
  • Q:  So what am I supposed to do?
  • A:  Well, you could wait for an official release-- maybe the author will come back.  But, on the other hand, maybe he won't.  There's no way to know.  So you have three options.  Option #1: Use an unofficial release, because this is a diligent and ingenious community and there are various volunteers here who are trying to keep unofficial versions going for free, which everyone benefits from.  Option #2:  Play an older version of KSP that the latest "official" release does work with.  Option #3:  Stop using the mod.
  • Q:  I tried the unofficial build and it doesn't work!
  • A:  Well, it works for plenty of other people.  So if it works for them and not you, then the problem is with your setup.  It's a problem with your computer, not a problem with the unofficial release.
  • Q:  Help!  How can I get the unofficial build to work?
  • A:  Ask the community for help!  :)  It's full of patient, friendly people who will do their best to help you.  However, since the problem is with your setup, that means they'll need more information from you in order to help you get it working.  They'll likely ask you to verify whether some other mod you're running is causing the problem.  They'll also want to see your log file.
  • Q:  Why does everyone keep asking me for a log file?  Log files are only for crashes!
  • A:  They're asking because they know what they're talking about, because the log file is actually necessary.  It is not just for crashes.  It's for seeing what's going on.  You have a problem, right?  The mod isn't working, right?  That means the mod isn't able to do what it's trying to do.  That means it's hitting some sort of error somewhere, which might not be an actual crash.  There's a significant chance that the mod might be writing useful information into the log which would help identify where the trouble is.  So people need to see that log file.
  • Q:  So how do I actually solve my problem?
  • A:  First, check your mods.  Try running with just this unofficial release, and no other mods, and see if it works or not.  That will answer the question "is this a problem with this mod, or some other mod?"  If it works fine in that case, then you can start re-installing your other mods until the problem shows up, and that will tell you where the problem is.  Other than checking your mods, the other thing you can do is give these people your log file so that they can try to help you.  There's nothing they can do without that.

Thank you to everyone who works to maintain this mod, official or unofficial, so that everyone can enjoy it.  Thank you also to the people who try to help folks when they post troubles here; I'm sure we all appreciate it.

Let's please try to keep the discussion here on-topic and not allow it to get sidetracked into bickering.  If someone wants help, they can ask for it.  If they don't wish to take the advice offered, there's nothing anyone else can do, and so the matter can simply be dropped, no?

Okay, unlocking the thread now.  I trust we can all comport ourselves civilly.  Thank you for your understanding.

Hello everyone,

I'm having the same issues that others have described where drag will simply not exist with the unofficial version of FAR in KSP 1.4.5. With heat damage disabled I reached over 5 km/s just above sea level on kerbin. On the map screen I can see that orbits change only a minimal amount while in the atmosphere (apoapsis droped by 1m, possibly just a rounding error). I had a look at the logs and something is definitly not right here (only the part that I believe is relevant since the logile is 32k lines long):

Spoiler

[LOG 18:55:29.981] [HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to FLIGHT (Async) =====================
[WRN 18:55:30.088] Vessel Untitled Space Craft Debris was removed from the game: it was debris cluttering up KSC.
[LOG 18:55:30.361] [UIApp] OnDestroy: KSPedia
[LOG 18:55:30.362] ScaleModList: listSize 41 maxListSize 1754
[LOG 18:55:30.496] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
[LOG 18:55:30.496] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 18:55:31.849] UICanvasPrefabSpawner FlightUI spawning Flight
[LOG 18:55:31.865] UICanvasPrefabSpawner FlightUI spawning VesselLabels
[LOG 18:55:31.865] [UiApp] Awake: ResourceDisplay
[LOG 18:55:31.985] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'AeroGUI' from assembly 'KSP'
[LOG 18:55:31.986] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'FARKSPAddonFlightScene' from assembly 'FerramAerospaceResearch'
[LOG 18:55:31.989] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'FlightGUIDrawer' from assembly 'FerramAerospaceResearch'
[LOG 18:55:31.989] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Kerbin
[LOG 18:55:31.990] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 18:55:32.554] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 18:55:32.554] ------------------- initializing flight mode... ------------------
[LOG 18:55:32.559] [MessageSystem] Save Messages
[LOG 18:55:32.559] Vessel Untitled Space Craft Debris recovered
[LOG 18:55:32.560] Loading Depletion Nodes
[LOG 18:55:32.560] DepNodeCount:  0
[LOG 18:55:32.560] Loading Biome Nodes
[LOG 18:55:32.560] BiomeNodeCount:  0
[LOG 18:55:32.560] Loading Planet Nodes
[LOG 18:55:32.560] PlanetNodeCount:  0
[LOG 18:55:32.562] [ScenarioDestructibles]: Loading... 0 objects registered
[LOG 18:55:32.563] Loading FAR Data
[LOG 18:55:32.565] FAR: loaded AG actionGroupSpoiler as Brakes
[LOG 18:55:32.565] FAR: loaded AG actionGroupIncreaseFlapDeflection as None
[LOG 18:55:32.565] FAR: loaded AG actionGroupDecreaseFlapDeflection as None
[LOG 18:55:32.575] Loading ship from file: I:\Programme\ksp2\Kerbal Space Program\saves\default\Ships\SPH\Auto-Saved Ship.craft
[LOG 18:55:32.575] [UIMasterController]: HideUI
[LOG 18:55:32.605] Untitled Space Craft loaded!
[LOG 18:55:34.213] putting ship to ground: 0
[LOG 18:55:34.219] [Untitled Space Craft]: Ready to Launch - waiting to start physics...
[LOG 18:55:34.230] [FLIGHT GLOBALS]: Switching To Vessel Untitled Space Craft ----------------------
[LOG 18:55:34.231] setting new dominant body: Kerbin
FlightGlobals.mainBody: Kerbin
[LOG 18:55:34.231] Reference Frame: Rotating
[LOG 18:55:34.240] Vessel assembly complete!
[LOG 18:55:36.480] all systems started
[LOG 18:55:36.496] FARVesselAero on Ast. HSJ-227 (unloaded) reporting startup
[LOG 18:55:36.504] FARVesselAero on Ast. EUM-801 (unloaded) reporting startup
[LOG 18:55:36.512] FARVesselAero on Ast. MSC-593 (unloaded) reporting startup
[LOG 18:55:36.520] FARVesselAero on Ast. CGL-615 (unloaded) reporting startup
[EXC 18:55:36.540] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
    FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.RebuildAllMeshData ()
    FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.FixedUpdate ()
[EXC 18:55:36.542] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
    FerramAerospaceResearch.FARPartGeometry.GeometryPartModule.RebuildAllMeshData ()
[EXC 18:55:36.545] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.546] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.546] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.547] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[LOG 18:55:36.549] FARVesselAero on probeCoreHex reporting startup
[LOG 18:55:36.558] [ModularFlightIntegrator] MFI Start
[LOG 18:55:36.558] [ModularFlightIntegrator] Start. VesselModule on vessel :
  ModularFlightIntegrator
  FARVesselAero
  FlightGUI
  CommNetVessel

[LOG 18:55:36.612] FAR Vehicle Voxel Setup started
[LOG 18:55:36.612] FAR Vehicle Voxel Setup complete
[EXC 18:55:36.632] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.632] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.633] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[LOG 18:55:36.794] [UiApp] Awake: CurrencyWidgetsApp
[LOG 18:55:36.794] [UiApp] Awake: ResourceDisplay
[LOG 18:55:36.794] [UiApp] Awake: KSPedia
[LOG 18:55:36.794] [ApplicationLauncher] OnSceneLoadedGUIReady: scene FLIGHT ShouldBeVisible() True ShouldBeOnTop() True iIsPositionedAtTop False
[LOG 18:55:36.794] [ApplicationLauncher] SpawnSimpleLayout: VerticalTopDown
[LOG 18:55:36.795] ScaleModList: listSize 41 maxListSize 879
[LOG 18:55:36.795] [KnowledgeBase] OnAppLauncherReady 4554
[LOG 18:55:36.807] [UIApp] OnDestroy: Contracts
[LOG 18:55:36.807] [UIApp] OnDestroy: Missions App
[EXC 18:55:36.814] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.815] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.815] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.816] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.816] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[LOG 18:55:36.821] [MessageSystem] Reposition 0.02 4555
[LOG 18:55:36.821] [GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.02 4555
[LOG 18:55:36.821] [GenericAppFrame] Reposition 0.02 4555
[EXC 18:55:36.926] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.926] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.927] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[LOG 18:55:36.928] [FlightIntegrator]: Reloaded drag cube for zeroed cube root part probeCoreHex on vessel Untitled Space Craft
[LOG 18:55:36.936] [FlightIntegrator]: Vessel Untitled Space Craft has been unloaded 1.79769313486232E+308, applying analytic temperature 311.040502557784
[EXC 18:55:36.936] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.937] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.937] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.938] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.985] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.986] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.986] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.987] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.987] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.988] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.989] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.989] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.990] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:36.990] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[LOG 18:55:36.991] [PlanetariumCamera]: Focus: Untitled Space Craft
[EXC 18:55:37.003] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:37.004] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.
[EXC 18:55:37.004] MissingFieldException: Field '.ModuleJettison.jettisonTransform' not found.

The majority of the log is filled with this error.

Some things I'd like to add: A few months ago I tried recompiling FAR myself. I guess the unofficial version did exist already but I did not find it back then. I know my way around Visual Studio but know only a bit about C# and pretty much nothing about modding KSP. I had exactly the same issue with drag and since I couldn't figure out where this error was even coming from I gave up. I'd be willing to go through the process of recompiling this again if someone can point me in the right direction here. My guess is some API changes that have to be fixed in FAR, I just don't know where to start looking.

EDIT

Nevermind, I got it working, even though I'm not sure how. I downloaded ExtremeTrader's version from github and after comparing the directories of ferram's version I noticed the only differences were the changes to the version checks (Ignoring changes due to higher VS version). My own version continued giving errors, although different ones than the one in the log in the spoiler. With an even less useful description which explains why I did not try to get to fix it when I recompiled the mod the first time. After I copied over the version changes it suddendly started working. I guess recompiling it against the current version did the trick. But if it didn't work with the old version checks, does that mean FAR leaves the game without working aerodynamics if it detects an incompatible version?

At any rate, if you only care about playing the game, here are the two DLLs that need to be replaced in KSP 1.4.5.2243.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmcw7qhfc0gqf8p/Plugins.zip?dl=0
Drop them into Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\Plugins

If you had issues, let me know if that fixes it!

Edited by Cholerix

Can't see anyone trying to recompile against 1.5.0, so I gave it a try. Thanks to @MicUK88 for detailed instructions. Here is the link to zipped .dll files.  They should go to Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\Plugins as usual. Everything seems to work as it used to for me. This was however my very first contact with Visual Studio, compiling and all that stuff so I don't give any guarantees. Feel free to test it. 

Also @Cholerix I can confirm that without setting minor version to 5 in CompatibilityChecker.cs, new .dll's did not work and affected aerodynamics in a strange way. Some instruments in Mk1 pod (altimeter, atmometer and speedometer) did not work at all, as if the game somehow could not get this information. Above 1000 m drag was almost nonexistent. 

Edited by JebIsDeadBaby

5 minutes ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

Can't see anyone trying to recompile against 1.5.0, so I gave it a try. Thanks to @MicUK88 for detailed instructions. Here is the link to zipped .dll files.  They should go to Kerbal Space Program\GameData\FerramAerospaceResearch\Plugins as usual. Everything seems to work as it used to for me. This was however my very first contact with Visual Studio, compiling and all that stuff so I don't give any guarantees. Feel free to test it. 

Also @Cholerix I can confirm that without setting minor version to 5 in CompatibilityChecker.cs, new .dll's did not work and affected aerodynamics in a strange way. Some instruments in Mk1 pod (altimeter, atmometer and speedometer) did not work at all, as if the game somehow could not get this information. Above 1000 m drag was almost nonexistent. 

Thank you for trying. I just rolled back my install back to 1.45.  It makes life so much easier while I wait. 

I wish I could help you but I know nothing about coding. 

4 hours ago, JebIsDeadBaby said:

I'm a little hesitant to d/l dll's from anything but the source Github at this point. I know you're probably just doing your best, sorry for being cautious. I'll try to compile them myself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.