How to make exhaust effects

Currently, I'm working on a few engines for KSPIE, one of them is a request for model of antimatter engine. If you had checked out the newly updated KSPIE 1.25.13, you'll found something like "FusionBeam", "CentralBeam", "AMBeam" and "AMRadiation", don't try them out, they DO NOT WORK! I'm a beginner modder, I knew about modeling and texturing (although learned recently), but I don't know how engine plumes work. I added an empty object in Unity, titled it "plume" and then added KSP Part tools and a "position" empty object as it's child, then applied a particle system, with KSP particle emitter, and a lens flare as texture. the material was using KSP particle shaders too. For better effects, I used particle size of 0.1-0.25, and applied the "trail" effect. After I compiled and wrote cfg, I find only tiny particles are showing up, horizontal to the direction of thrust, and the trial of each particle is completely gone. how to fix this?

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.