When you gain reputation in career mode, do you gain funds?

Hey guys, could you please give me a hand, i was just playing kerbal space program career mode and i rescued some kerbals i put on the mun in a rover (not a contract) and when i started the mission i had 1MIL funds, and when i ended the mission and recovered all the kerbals (including the ones that were on the mun) i had 1.8mil funds and it said i gained 400 funds. So basically, do you gain funds from gaining reputation? I just rescued kerbals i put on the mun and gained 800 thousand when i recovered it. 

Thanks! 

7 hours ago, overkill13 said:

Not directly no.  Reputation will unlock more/better paying missions, but not pay out itself.  Was that your first return from the Munar surface?  That would be a milestone and it would pay funds based on your difficulty settings.

No, i’ve been to the mun a few times now i’m this career mode. 

Welcome @CR7Matty, what might have happened, is you will have gotten an advance for accepting the contract, and then a further amount for completing each component of the mission, and then a final amount for completing the contract itself. I sometimes forget that you get some money upfront for actually accepting the contract in the first place.

Reputation itself doesn't give you funds though. 

Have you selected any strategies in the administration building?

Some of the strategies can give you a certain percentage in funds in exchange for reputation or collected science.

Also, simply recovering landed craft and debris can add funds back into your total.

Edited by HvP

15 hours ago, Chequers said:

Welcome @CR7Matty, what might have happened, is you will have gotten an advance for accepting the contract, and then a further amount for completing each component of the mission, and then a final amount for completing the contract itself. I sometimes forget that you get some money upfront for actually accepting the contract in the first place.

Reputation itself doesn't give you funds though. 

Thank you for ur time :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.