Updates PS4 & XBOX

I love KSP, been playing it for years now, started off in the PC version but my PC didnt have the specs to run the game very well so i made the switch to console. Will console ever get some of the updates that PC has? like the more boosters update etc...?

On 4/21/2020 at 2:22 PM, ROLY2 said:

I love KSP, been playing it for years now, started off in the PC version but my PC didnt have the specs to run the game very well so i made the switch to console. Will console ever get some of the updates that PC has? like the more boosters update etc...?

Eventually, like 3 to 6 months after (porting process takes a long time)

I really hate to say this, but in enhanced edition the planets and moons look horrible. Kerbin and Eve aren’t that bad, but there are so many things wrong with even just the Mun! The terrain glitches and looks stretched out and just flat out horroble. Minmua is slightly better, but still not that great. And the actual game doesn’t even have half of the features shown in the trailer! In the game, we can’t adjust fuel flow priority or pump fuel. And when we select a fuel tank, it will only display the amount of liquid fuel and oxidizer. I don’t mean to dis on the game, but it looks really bad. The strs also, are way too big and ugly. I hate to say this because I love ksp, but enhanced edition really needs some tlc or updates. I believe we’re still playing with to vee or not to vee. Some major features are missing that were shown in the trailer, which is super disappointing. And docking ports regularly glitch out and you can’t undock them. Sorry for the rant, but yea. I hope that enhanced edition can be brought up to the same glory as the pc edition!

I think that if they do, they'll probably update enhanced edition sometime after they finished updating the planet textures in the PC.

2 hours ago, Lewie said:

In the game, we can’t adjust fuel flow priority or pump fuel. And when we select a fuel tank, it will only display the amount of liquid fuel and oxidizer.

I can do that, do you have advanced tweakables on?

I just want that feature that lets you fine tune your burn nodes (it’s the box below the staging-docking-navigation boxes on the bottom left of the screen... it’s empty on consoles, but has an icon on PCs, and was in a trailer, so I know it isn’t a mod). Can’t tell you how long I’ve spent aligning my burn just right, then I twitch a little and the burn is way too high or low... also, please give us a node alarm clock!! I know there’s a mod for it, but it should be built in!

Is it only me that finds the console controls completely unbearable?

I’m an interaction designer, working as a product lead, and unfortunately this poor excuse of a control scheme would’ve been labeled as a showstopper by any designer with half a brain. It’s not so much about complexity (the sheer amount of inputs) but the total lack of consistency and poor design.

I love KSP, but I’m not even bothering with these controls... it’s back to the iMac for me. Such a shame.

I do agree that there are a ton of controls and different combinations, but in time I managed to get the controls down. I really prefer using the dualshock for flying then I would a pc, honestly. But yea, many things are a complete pain.

On 4/24/2020 at 2:16 PM, Brillis said:

Is it only me that finds the console controls completely unbearable?

I’m an interaction designer, working as a product lead, and unfortunately this poor excuse of a control scheme would’ve been labeled as a showstopper by any designer with half a brain. It’s not so much about complexity (the sheer amount of inputs) but the total lack of consistency and poor design.

I love KSP, but I’m not even bothering with these controls... it’s back to the iMac for me. Such a shame.

Huh,  guess I shoulda joined before I bought.  This gem of a post tells me all I wish I'd not learned thru experience

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.