4 minutes ago, Klapaucius said:

Here is mine. I have video, but it will be a while before I get that assembled. This was a lot of flights (and a lot of fails--lots of reverting to launch).  The bit with the cupolas was a nightmare. The first time I got it in orbit, it went so far of course that the orbit is practically retrograde, so it is now a smaller B&B.  I also launched an early version of the root part and realized I had forgotten a few things. I have totally overpowered the first launch vehicle, so I put that one in orbit around Minmus.

Now here we are.  My one regret is while I strutted up the second try on the cupola module, I thought I had attached all the struts to parts that would decouple. Alas, I messed that up, so while it was supposed to rotate, it does not. If anyone knows how to delete a strut after the fact I'd be most appreciative.

It's not pretty, but it is full of life. Included in an outdoor bar and a bandstand. These are automated to open with KAL controllers. Since there is no sound in space, the live jazz show is all electric (drums, keys, upright bass), mixed and sent directly into the helmet speakers of the bar patrons. 

There is ample parking for the well off, a docking tug and a ludicrous amount of communications paraphernalia, because making it an "active science and communications station" is a tax write-off.

Passengers arrive in the highly expensive 32 passenger rocket.  It can get some bonus fuel at the station and lands back on Kerbin (mostly) intact with a crazy number of parachutes.

kkNLCVb.png

BKSpDRg.png

CY3ryte.png

Reveal hidden contents

1st part on the launchpad

nAk4dJL.png

Part 2

bGNjwlX.png

Part 3

zJAmAhU.png

Part 4 (comm and science section)

doI6Zll.png

Putting it together

Yx1HG4S.png

PnUXguU.png

Using the tug to maneuver the parking ports

mfBZyQh.png

bYWdqCd.png

My3CAen.png

eP4voPW.png

Flying down (or up) to the bar from the observation tower

XGZrMqx.png

The tug parked. The transport is in the background

kQ8g5x7.png

fWaEbDH.png

OOOO i like the night club.

Okay, @DRAG0Nmon. Here's my OFFICIAL entry for this challenge.

Bedsheetz

64L1Yd5.png

Further Details

Spoiler

UQq8AqZ.png

• Station in the VAB
  • Stats:
    • Total Capacity: 53
    • Final Stage Electric Charge: 29,130
    • Relay Strength: ~60G
      • Do you really need that much power for LKO?
    • Docking Ports: 6
    • Power Source: Solar panels and RTGs
  • Specifically designed to store and convert ore to fuel, which is useful at LKO

JEsnMPR.jpg

• Ring station in position at 350 above Kerbin's surface.

I had originally intended for the rockets to be reusable and have it land on the ground; the parachutes and aerobrakes would help slow it down. However, while on a suborbital trajectory, I was slow with the "stop time warp" button and the rocket crashed hard on the grasslands.

• At least the station is okay, and that's the part that matters.

And now, for the transport SSTO

P-5 Olympian

VMuC9kw.png

Spoiler

HmhsQNc.png

• The SSTO in the SPH, with the underside docking port selected.
    • Docking-capable variant of the Poseidon SSTO
  • Stats:
    • Total Capacity: 20
    • Electric Charge: 18,520
    • Delta-V at LKO: ~1,800 m/s

VMuC9kw.png

• Flying high up in the atmosphere, fighting to achieve the desired apoapsis.

siCmT53.png

• 120-km orbit above Kerbin, about to rendezvous with the Bedsheetz.

NwV1xYD.png

• Mission Control, we have successfully docked with the Bedsheetz.

jKgJgYl.png

• Now that's what I call "coming in hot."

8m0hKTv.png

• Too bad I missed the runway, but that just means I can land off-road. At least I didn't scratch the plane.

And together, you get a safe flight to a nice hotel high above Kerbin. Complete with nice views of the planet and the night sky, as well as a Minmus-ready mining-capable SSTO.

NwV1xYD.png

I've got a bit of video of my station. I had all the launches, but realized that is a lot of footage that tells nothing new, so I just highlighted the robotics.  Note: due to the strutting issue and the fact I wanted to show the rotating cupolas as intended, some of the footage is from a station I put into orbit via Mission Builder and not the one in the screenshots in my above post.  Most of my regular footage had too many game overlays as well.

Keeping with my theme of naming all my craft after writers and characters in literature, this is the Hotel Boccaccio.  Seems like an appropriate name for a vacation spot.

Finally got round to flying the mission to complete part 2 of the challenge - Transport Ship

Spoiler

Obviously based on the Space Shuttle, we have room for 12 tourists (1/3 of the capacity of my hotel) 4 crew, batteries, solar panel and 2 antenna (attached to the front and rear of the cargo bay)

hotshut01.jpg

External tank jettisoned

hotshut02.jpg

Final stage of docking approach

hotshut03.jpg

Docked

hotshut04.jpg

No explosions so far, and looking good for a runway touch down

hotshut05.jpg

Almost there, don't screw it up now Jeb.

hotshut06.jpg

Home again.

hotshut07.jpg

10 hours ago, Scarecrow said:

Finally got round to flying the mission to complete part 2 of the challenge - Transport Ship

Hide contents

Obviously based on the Space Shuttle, we have room for 12 tourists (1/3 of the capacity of my hotel) 4 crew, batteries, solar panel and 2 antenna (attached to the front and rear of the cargo bay)

hotshut01.jpg

External tank jettisoned

hotshut02.jpg

Final stage of docking approach

hotshut03.jpg

Docked

hotshut04.jpg

No explosions so far, and looking good for a runway touch down

hotshut05.jpg

Almost there, don't screw it up now Jeb.

hotshut06.jpg

Home again.

hotshut07.jpg

Gotta love a classic shuttle. 

I've now completed my challenge entry with the flight of a shuttle to and from the station.

It was launched on a modified Reuso 4, with just a little extra fuel to lift the higher payload compared with the station parts.

zd0yt5H.png

YkouDty.png

LgwLf8h.png

spYy4cD.png

Bob went out to checkout the shuttle before returning to the KSC in it.

JMxuw6R.png

gl6vX8P.png

Leaving the station.

zd6w5PV.png

Tzx3oSN.png

6fWFAu5.png

Came in too steep and fast for a landing direct from orbit, so used the jet to bring the shuttle in for a second attept.

xnWru4Q.png

hKqtEcG.png

I think all criteria of the challenge were met with the shuttle having more the capacity to take more than 1/3 of the total occupancy to the  station, even including their pilot, engineer and scientist minders. Plus it had 2k of electrical storage and an antenna.

• 3 weeks later...

Here I got my boye, "The Luminosita" on the launchpad:

5-20-2020-9-23-51-PM-wkdrld3n.png

Big blast

5-20-2020-9-23-30-PM-svlrrhlr.png

And here's the tra-

5-20-2020-9-24-41-PM-2ofaf5fl.png

O NO, JEB!!

5-20-2020-9-24-27-PM-cj2ncmqq.png

No worrys, Jeb has landed on his head, all is good

5-20-2020-9-24-15-PM-efpgzyxm.png

All good, except for that transport, which has been annihilated, and replaced with Jeb's space taxi:

5-20-2020-9-24-05-PM-fz2rz1g2.png

And here are both of them docked in LKO at a hight of about 450 km.

5-20-2020-9-23-05-PM-s0nuenqp.png

5-20-2020-9-22-48-PM-5uspm3dq.png

And here is jebs taxi back at kerbin.

5-20-2020-9-22-36-PM-rlv2fr1j.png

It was a rough reentry, but both the crew and the jeb survived, so it still counts? And it can be easily be fixed with the power of A.I.R.B.R.A.K.E.S, so, yeah.

Nice.

4 hours ago, DRAG0Nmon said:

Looks like a big, beautiful golden baguette! How many kerbals can it house?

3 hitchhikers have 12, plus 2 from the can, science thingy also has 2, so 16, command pod has 3...

19 kerbals, only a little more then the 16 passengers contained inside jeb's taxi. Unless you count the inflated airlocks, which would make it 22.

Nice.

Edited by Dirkidirk

I made this party station a while back, with a tourist capacity of 384. It doesn't quite qualify due to not enough crew capacity, or docking ports suitable for transport craft. Also I kind of deorbited it and it crashed and burned. Maybe I'll do another version.

S9IAGxq.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.